Onestop Digital

S

stupot

Hi People

Has anyone used www.onestop-digital.com before??

They seem fairly cheap compaired to other suppliers but Honk Kong based. I'd be interested to know if anyone has had any problems with them.......Or would i be better of just paying the extra 20%-ish and buying in England..!!

Comments Please

I bought my Sigma 70-300 APO DG Macro (Canon Fit) from them about a month or so ago for 114.99.

Upon my recommendation, I think two or three other people on here have bought the same lens from them.

The chap who runs it is very friendly indeed, and always answers any queries quickly and courteously and is always willing to help.
Why can't any businesses over her be like that?

I heartily recommend them, and on the forum where I first heard of them, I don't think anyone has had a problem (except for some getting customs charges, which have always been refunded).

cheers marcel, i'm thinking of buying some lenses from them so wanna know i'm actually going to recieve something..

Yep, I got the same lens as Marcel from there and would use them again! :)

I've just bookmarked the site.

7dayshop sell the 580ex flash for £289.99
onestop sell it for £239.99!

I've just received my sigma 70-300 apo dg from Onestop - only took 4 days from order date and havent stopped taking piccys... Highly recommended.

If you're after the 580ex - I priced matched Jessops with fotosense.co.uk for £275 and then sent in the Canon rebate voucher. In the end I got the flash for £240.

Same as rest got me sigma 70-300 From there. No problems atall. Will probably go back there for flash once I've saved some pennies,

I am tempted to use them, but theres the little glitch of if I don't like the lens I can't send it back like I would with Jessops or Warehouse Express.

Just checked their webby looking for CF cards but can't see any listed :(

SammyC said:

From that I am assuming you are using either Inov8 or fuji CF cards then as thats all they seem to list, again I could be missing something?

I was ideally looking for either Sandisk Ultra II, Ipro, or Kingston Elite.

oh I see, posh hey!? ;)

I've got the Inov8 one and it works fine. I've no idea if its fast or not but doesn't seem to cause any issues when shooting.

Hehe, me posh? :whistling

I will have a look at the usual suspects in the other thread and see what I can find.

Thanks anyway Sammy :thumb:

Steve said:
Hehe, me posh? :whistling

I will have a look at the usual suspects in the other thread and see what I can find.

Thanks anyway Sammy :thumb:

Steve, I got a 1GB Kingston Elite Pro CF card from eBay for £35 delivered a couple of months back. Its a pain in the bum to find a UK based one, but they are there. I just set to view only Buy it nows, cheapest first, and just sift through. I've yet to find a cheap (as in student ;)) store in the UK to do decent CF cards.

Matt

Cheers Matt for the advice. I will look into that as soon as I get back to the UK. :thumb:

No worries. I had a look at the seller who i bought mine from, he appears to have stopped selling. There are some knocking around though.

milou said:
Must admit - very tempted by the Sigma 105 macro.

Go for the 150mm Sigma macro instead... the extra focal distance can come in handy for the flighty wildlife. It's also a stunning quality lens.. :)

Going back to Onestop Digital; I can heartily recommend them. I bought my 150mm Sigma macro and my Nikon 50mm f1.8D lenses from Fai (the owner) and as been previously mentioned he is very good to deal with.

Both lenses (ordered about 2 weeks apart) were shipped very quickly, arrived in good time and were well packaged.

Top retailer. :)

Paul C

I too got the 70-300 from Onestop. Top class to be honest. Ordered late Monday night, Shipped Tuesday at 6pm, On my doorstep, first thing saturday Morning in time for me to go out and play :D

Would definately buy from them again.

Got my 50mm 1.8 from them for £69 incl P&P & took 10 days for delivery. Nice saving :thumb:

They don't like them, but there's sod all they can do about them I don't think.

I think they say that in order to honour the internation warranty they require proof of VAT and Import Duty payments, but I think I've read somewhere that there's no way they would be able to enforce that requirement.

Back