Otters and Wolf

Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple taken yesterday at a snowy Scottish Deer Center.
As always, honest C&C welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Last edited:
Love the first one.

I'm going to pop along there tomorrow. Is a 300mm lens suitable there ?

Love the first one.

I'm going to pop along there tomorrow. Is a 300mm lens suitable there ?

Yeah well worth a visit mate, first time Iv been yesterday, tagged along with Neil. Was only 3 of us in the park all day, so was great for photos.

Yeah I was using my 28-300, and was fine for everything I needed yesterday.

Really like the first mate could maybe take a little boost in the contrast side (y)

I like all three images and it would be difficult to choose between them.

Its nice to see these creatures, and even though they are not in the wild it would be exciting to capture images like this.

Best regards Paul

Nice shots, was there myself last year is a nice place to visit.

I like all three images and it would be difficult to choose between them.

Its nice to see these creatures, and even though they are not in the wild it would be exciting to capture images like this.

Best regards Paul

Thank you Paul, glad you like them.
Yeah would obviously love to shoot in the wild, however, better off practicing in reserves first. Be annoying if you found say a wild otter (or wolf :LOL:) and messed up the capture, and with my skill level at the moment, that is a possibility! :p
Nice shots, was there myself last year is a nice place to visit.

Cheers Stuart, yeah first time I have been, was quite impressed. Will definitely be back.

i LOVE the wolf A* :)

Thank you Jade, glad you like it :)

The first one is great, I also like the Wolf as the snow has made it look as if it's in it's wild element.

Otter shot is alot better with the contracted upped mate
Yeah I agree looking at them both. Cheers for pointing that out (y)
Will hopefully be able to spot that in future pictures now. (If not wield the knife on me again)
The first one is great, I also like the Wolf as the snow has made it look as if it's in it's wild element.

Thank you :) I also like the first one, loved shooting the otters, so much character!
And yeah I agree about the wolf, their was another fence running just behind it, however luckily managed to get this one without that being in view! Was my first time shooting through a fence also, so was happy with the result! :)

no1 is a cracker (y)

Thank you (y)

Love the Otters you are lucky to have been there in the snow.
Hope you dont mind but i have played with the Wolf pic to loose the white on it's side please ignore if you were trying for that
4265653601_1c870f922c_o.jpg

Love the Otters you are lucky to have been there in the snow.
Hope you dont mind but i have played with the Wolf pic to loose the white on it's side please ignore if you were trying for that

Of course I dont mind.
Agree it looks better, subtle but noticeable.
Can I ask what you adjusted? And how you done it?
Thanks again :)

Sure no probs, I use adobe Lightroom, i reduced the exposure by one stop just to take the edge off the highlights, i hit the recovery right up to 48, this removed the flare from the snow and added some colour to the fur on the animals right side, i increased the contrast by +9, reduced the highligts slightly and increased the dark tones, finally i increased the clarity and sharpness just slightly to give better definition and that was it the colours were already good.

i am no expert on this but just find Lightroom so easy to use
Worth giving it a try for 30 days free here
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?promoid=%2CDTEML&product=photoshop%5Flightroom

Sure no probs, I use adobe Lightroom, i reduced the exposure by one stop just to take the edge off the highlights, i hit the recovery right up to 48, this removed the flare from the snow and added some colour to the fur on the animals right side, i increased the contrast by +9, reduced the highligts slightly and increased the dark tones, finally i increased the clarity and sharpness just slightly to give better definition and that was it the colours were already good.

i am no expert on this but just find Lightroom so easy to use
Worth giving it a try for 30 days free here
https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?promoid=%2CDTEML&product=photoshop%5Flightroom

Ah, nice one. I will give this a go myself and hopefully receive a smillar result. Will expand my knowledge for future pictures also.
Thank you for the advice :)

Back