weekly Oy's Weekly Photo Thingiewotsit for 2023 : Week 52 : Fave of the year - Year Complete!

Captive - great photo, beautifully exposed and I too love the inclusion on Thomas' face, together with the step ladder there is a nice trio of grey.
Snappers Choice - wonderful colours and the orange leaves really compliment the blue roof.
Thanks Nicky :)

Week 46 : Wall

A wet soggy day in Wensleydale chasing a steam train in the rain today. I managed to avoid a steam based shoehorn and instead - here's a wall! :)

i-7Dw5WZC-X2.jpg

Week 47 : Autumnal

Fountain in the local park this afternoon.

i-c9bMZCS-XL.jpg

Very nice Dave - lovely light, perfect shutter speed and good processing!

Week 48 : Arrows

Don't take a fence :naughty:

i-hgs4p6p.jpg

Autumnal... love this shot. Superb colour and nicely composed.
Arrow. Great starburst.

Week 49 : Wet

Rainy and steamy at Townsend Fold.

LMS Jubilee Class No45690 'Leander' steams through Townsend Fold on the East Lancashire Railway this afternoon with a Santa Special bound for Rawtenstall.

53387961067_5ab1e4ac76_b.jpg

As Alan says above, my first thought was that looks lovely in mono! Cracking shot. (y)

Me too.. lovely mono compostion. And my first thought was how close.... the houses must shake when the train passes!

Me too.. lovely mono compostion. And my first thought was how close.... the houses must shake when the train passes!
Fanx :)

Week 50 : Old

Another day out on the East Lancashire Railway today for Santa Specials. And a big improvement in the weather from last weekend's soggy gloom
Here's LMS Jubilee Class No45690 'Leander' approaching Summerseat station. Leander was built in 1927.

Taken with my new Nikon ZF and old Nikon 85mm F/1.8 with FTZII adapter.

i-ShFJhpW-X3.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely Dave. Spot on, and nice to get lucky with the weather at last.

Cool capture Dave. I do like the exhaust, showing that the Black 5 is working hard.
I also like that you've captured it just as it's about to traverse a foot crossing of some kind. Is it an occupation crossing? I can't see any obvious evidence of gates.

Back