Paid Landscape Photography Opportunity in Lake District

been up there a few times. For 25k a year it would be a great job, with a week on and a week off too!

Been up there 30-40 times. A bit boring now - imagine how boring it would be doing it every day? There's quite a high turnover of guys doing this job.

Mind you getting up there in a white out in January is always a challenge: getting back down safely is even more of a challenge - even with a GPS!

I fancy that.... But i took SWMBO up striding Edge a few years ago and she wasnt impressed! i experienced the highest winds i had ever encountered on asending Skiddaw once, so stopped and roped the four in our party together. Shortly afterwards all four of us were lifted bodily and pushed about a meter sideways. Needless to say a pretty rapid decent was made after that advising others on the way down to turn back.
I can only imagine what it would have been like up over Striding edge on that day.
The artical keeps banging on about Striding Edge but you just wouldnt asend that route if the weather was bad, thats just pure Mountain craft.
Nice work if you live that way!

I was up on Striding Edge at dawn on Boxing Day. I was just after a few pics of first light (there wasn't any). But there was no way I was crossing in very icy conditions at dawn on my own. I see folk going up in horrendous winds and rain and like as not the helicopter will go up most days like that.

I was up on Striding Edge at dawn on Boxing Day. I was just after a few pics of first light (there wasn't any). But there was no way I was crossing in very icy conditions at dawn on my own. I see folk going up in horrendous winds and rain and like as not the helicopter will go up most days like that.
Those like us Mark that make the right decision live to fight another day. I don't know what possesses some people.... Lack of experience or stupidity I guess. Hope you catch your first light pictures another day Mark!

Back