Panamoz Bacs??

Just a catch up on my purchase experience from Panamoz. The Fuji XT1 is immense and so is the 18-55 lens, everything exactly as it should be. Couldn't be happier. I did decide to return the fuji 14mm f2.8 due to a noisy AF motor, this pretty well documented between various examples so no fault of Panamoz. They paid for return shipping with TNT and even sent out the 55-200 lens I wanted instead, FOC. They also refunded the difference in price.

Anyone thinking about buying this way, go for it. I'd rate their service above any UK company. Very impressed.

Last edited:
Just a catch up on my purchase experience from Panamoz. The Fuji XT1 is immense and so is the 18-55 lens, everything exactly as it should be. Couldn't be happier. I did decide to return the fuji 14mm f2.8 due to a noisy AF motor, this pretty well documented between various examples so no fault of Panamoz. They paid for return shipping with TNT and even sent out the 55-200 lens I wanted instead, FOC. They also refunded the difference in price.

Anyone thinking about buying this way, go for it. I'd rate their service above any UK company. Very impressed.

How long was the delivery from order and what serial number is your camera. I want to check for the earlier batches for the light leak, yours okay?

PS. PM me the serial number if better.

Delivery took 4 days with UPS tracking which is quite impressive to say it's coming from the other side of the world.

Fuji say light leak occurs on models below 41M07801. Mine is 41M11... so above. I've tested it just to check and it's completely fine so no worries. I wouldn't hesitate to use Panamoz again. First class.

Used Panamoz BACS for a 70D and also a Canon 70-300L, and they have been nothing short of superb. Better service and delivery times than some UK dealers.

Delivery took 4 days with UPS tracking which is quite impressive to say it's coming from the other side of the world.

Fuji say light leak occurs on models below 41M07801. Mine is 41M11... so above. I've tested it just to check and it's completely fine so no worries. I wouldn't hesitate to use Panamoz again. First class.

Another question Karl.

There have been reports of the pad being mushy how have you found it on your camera?

Thanks
Simon

The D pad is ok, could certainly be better but it's exactly the same as the one I tested in LCE so guess it's the same with them all. There is a click when you press but I'd say the buttons are recessed a little to far, I think the first runs didn't have the click and why people are saying they are mushy.

Thanks for the reply.

Ordered an Olympus E-M1 & 12-40mm via BACS on Monday 9 June and it's turned up this morning (12 June)- very impressive!

I was hunting for a D800e and stumbled on Panamoz. So, they offer a great deal with BACS for ~1590. I decided to go for it, sent them a request using the form. Got a reply within 24-48 hours saying that they don't ship to Ireland at the moment. I took my time to explain that Belfast is not Republic of Ireland and is within the UK. Never got a replay from them. After that I have filled two more forms - they never came back to me. Asked my partner to fill a form using her details, over a week now no response.

I am curious, if they do not reply if you are willing to buy, would they even bother to read an email about a faulty product? As from now on, I have crossed them off my shops list.

Just to round up my opinion:
  • Panamoz don't bother to reply if you fill in a BACS form on the website
  • Panamoz don't bother to reply to your emails
  • They phone line is always off
I hope it is me who is unlucky and got this kind of attitude from Panamoz, and you guys will be fine if you will have to return your cameras to be fixed (or get a reply on your repair estimates).

I suspect that they count anywhere that is NI or IRE to be the same. Unless your partner is in the UK (mainland) you will discover that they have exactly the same issue.

& as regards shipping - Belfast isn't in the UK... - It comes up as Belfast, Northern Ireland...

Iam not trying to be "that guy" but isn't Northern Ireland a part of GB as is Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man etc?

Iam not trying to be "that guy" but isn't Northern Ireland a part of GB as is Wales, Scotland, Isle of Man etc?

Nope.

It is 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'.

The Isle of Man (along with the Channel Islands) is not part of GB or the UK. They are, however, a part of The British Isles - a geographical rather than political designation.

Last edited:
Nope.

It is 'The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'.

The Isle of Man (along with the Channel Islands) is not part of GB or the UK. They are, however, a part of The British Isles - a geographical rather than political designation.

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that - I thought that GB and NI are the same country in terms laws etc.

Let's get back to the subject, is there any difference in shipping the product to GB or NI (in terms of taxes or duties)?

Thanks, I wasn't sure about that - I thought that GB and NI are the same country in terms laws etc.

Let's get back to the subject, is there any difference in shipping the product to GB or NI (in terms of taxes or duties)?

They used to ship to Northern Ireland with no problems, i have had a few bits from them.
However they have now stopped that for some reason.

They are the same country. Both GB and NI are part of the UK. But different parts of the UK may have different laws.

They used to ship to Northern Ireland with no problems, i have had a few bits from them.
However they have now stopped that for some reason.

I still think it's not cool that they don't answer to emails.

Nitpicking but, geographically, the Channel Islands are considerably closer to France. They are crown dependents (but not part of the UK, as you say).

Back