Panamoz won't deliver to N. Ireland

Edit My Images
No
I attempted to place an order with Panamoz and they informed me that they don't deliver to N. Ireland due to a 'logistics issue'. I asked them to clarify what 'logistics issue' actually meant and they just reiterated that they couldn't ship to N. Ireland. Seems odd as it is part of U.K. Anyone else had similar issues or can someone offer an explanation?

Don't know the reason why, but it's clearly stated on their FAQ page

2. How much is shipping?

For all orders, shipping is FREE. We use FedEx, TNT, and UPS Express services. They are extremely quick and secure.

** Note **

- Currently we ship to the UK, France, and Spain

- Sorry, we do not ship to Northern Ireland

You might be surprised at how many businesses in GB won't deliver to the Highlands! :(

2. How much is shipping?

For all orders, shipping is FREE. We use FedEx, TNT, and UPS Express services. They are extremely quick and secure.

** Note **

You might be surprised at how many businesses in GB won't deliver to the Highlands! :(
If it was simply a matter of costs surely they could just add a surcharge for shipping to N. Ireland. Puzzling.

what pete says is true even the ones that ship to the highlands put a extra charge on for doing so

Rather than 'we ship to the UK', they really should say that they ship to Great Britain as the UK is actually the 'United Kingdom of Great Britain AND NORTHERN IRELAND'....

I think it is their couriers who doesn't ship to NI due to regional issues. Either the courier service doesn't have a hub or has no associates in NI. Maybe also perceived risks of losing items in NI as no tracking services available.

Do u know what courier they use and find out if that courier has a tracked service route for NI.

As it is an import it may also be a factor that they cannot provide u with the savings if the packages is going to NI. I.e. the package will enter EU visa some place where they regularly or meticulously check on every item. Thus making the import tax another consideration.

Alternatively buy yourself an airline ticket and go to HK for a visit and buy all your gears there. The savings will have offset the cost of the return ticket plus u get to see another part of the world. :)

Don't think it is an issue with couriers. The use UPS and they have a hub local to me.

if you pm me i will help you out with it if you want to post it to my addy

I have used panamoz a couple of times and they shipped to me here in Co Tyrone no problem. The last time was just over a year ago. One of the parcels came via dhl and the other fedex both of whom still deliver here. No idea why they have changed their policy.

Hi a few months ago I bought a Sigma 35mm f/1.4 from Panamoz delivered to Northern Ireland, I am also aware of 2 other people who have purchased from them relatively recently with no issues with delivery and both are based in Northern Ireland. All were delivered by fedex.

Just seems really odd that they have changed policy, can't think of any reason that they would.

Just seems really odd that they have changed policy, can't think of any reason that they would.

It does seem odd. You would of though they would have at least of offered some sort of explanation.

Perhaps the courier has increased the shipping costs or perhaps they have been hit with a lot of fraud from Northern Ireland.

Yep, it's a bummer alright. I wanted confirmation myself and emailed them on Saturday. They replied yesterday saying that they don't deliver to Northern Ireland for "logistical reasons".

It'd be interesting to see what would happen if you placed an order and just gave the postcode without specifying Northern Ireland!

I asked them to clarify 'logistical issue' but they basically dodged the question.

I've just now emailed again and said that there are people on this forum that have had recent deliveries to Northern Ireland, so what's the problem? I'll report their response , if any....

I've just now emailed again and said that there are people on this forum that have had recent deliveries to Northern Ireland, so what's the problem? I'll report their response , if any....
Be interested to see what their response is.

Typically vague!

OK, so I emailed them last night for the second time and asked:

"Hi Tina. I am interested in a black Fuji x100s but I don't know anyone elsewhere in the UK to receive it for me. I see that there are some people on the Talk Photography forum that have had recent deliveries to Northern Ireland by Panamoz. What is the issue please?

and got this reply this morning:

Thanks for your reply. I understand, but sorry, for now, we’re unable to deliver to Northern Ireland.

Please don't hesitate to contact us.
Regards,
Tina
Customer Support
Panamoz.

Don't understand why they are being so vague. If there is a genuine reason then fair enough. Just wish they would be a little bit more transparent.

What the heck??? I just phoned HDEW cameras to see if they have the Fuji I'm after and the number that they give on their website is someones private number!!! An old lady answered and said that she is sick of getting calls from people looking for the camera shop!

Don't understand why they are being so vague. If there is a genuine reason then fair enough. Just wish they would be a little bit more transparent.

I can't see why they can't just come out and give a reason for not delivering here ... their vague answers are only leading me to speculate ... maybe there is a more stringent customs checking procedure here!!! .......

Alternatively buy yourself an airline ticket and go to HK for a visit and buy all your gears there. The savings will have offset the cost of the return ticket plus u get to see another part of the world. :)

....And then on your re-entry at customs in the UK risk being challenged to present proof of purchase (i.e. that tax/duty has already been paid) and consequently lose all your savings and the extra cost of your trip to HK.

I also think that there are more stringent customs checking procedures in Ireland. Afterall, their history warrants it as far as the England is concerned.

my offer still stands buddy if it helps you out, or get it sent to some one in scotland and get the ferry over and collect it lol

my offer still stands buddy if it helps you out, or get it sent to some one in scotland and get the ferry over and collect it lol
Thanks for that. I'll keep it in mind if I decide to go ahead with a purchase.

It could possibly be that goods into NI are coming under extra scrutiny and Panamoz are getting too many parcels intercepted by HMRC?

Just a quick update. Panamoz now deliver to N. Ireland :)
Hi, Any chance you could get people from the UK to deliver to Europe. I live now in Greece and trying to buy stuff even from this forum is like you live in a lepper country, even if you offer to pay extra postage.

Hi, Any chance you could get people from the UK to deliver to Europe. I live now in Greece and trying to buy stuff even from this forum is like you live in a lepper country, even if you offer to pay extra postage.

You could see if there is some form of parceling forward company you can use?. Or make it clearer to those on the forum that you're willing to pay the extra postage + insurance etc. A lot of the time its the worry that if it goes missing or gets damaged, they lose a lot of money.

There's this fowarding company, never used them but https://myukmailbox.com/

Whereabouts in Greece are you living, Russell? Maybe folk travelling out to Greece on hols/business could bring stuff out for you?

Hi, I live on Rhodes but as I stated in the OP for some reason people will post a package/Item to ireland, Far reaches of Scotland but you mention Greece and they come back 'Will Only Post to the UK' even if I say I will pay a little extra on the P&P. Same if I want to sell, people seem afraid because it is not within the UK. Lucky I do have family in the UK I can send items to them but then I have to pay postage again to get it from them to me.
Still at the end of the day it is the sellers choice so I try and find what I want elsewhere.

Hi, I live on Rhodes but as I stated in the OP for some reason people will post a package/Item to ireland, Far reaches of Scotland but you mention Greece and they come back 'Will Only Post to the UK' even if I say I will pay a little extra on the P&P. Same if I want to sell, people seem afraid because it is not within the UK. Lucky I do have family in the UK I can send items to them but then I have to pay postage again to get it from them to me.
Still at the end of the day it is the sellers choice so I try and find what I want elsewhere.

The Southern European countries have a reputation for strange customs behaviour and light fingered postal staff. Just check the eBay forums for lots of sellers sending items to Greece or Italy as examples. A much larger proportion of parcels go missing and even more get held up for weeks on arrival (and then sometimes go missing).

Until there is a fully tracked postage method and less loss/theft on the way many people are not going to post to Greece.

Maybe you should start telling sellers you will arrange your own courier to collect the item at your risk rather than expect the seller to take the risks for "a little extra on the P&P". But then, would you be happy paying £30-50 for postage?

Last edited:
The Southern European countries have a reputation for strange customs behaviour and light fingered postal staff. Just check the eBay forums for lots of sellers sending items to Greece or Italy as examples. A much larger proportion of parcels go missing and even more get held up for weeks on arrival (and then sometimes go missing).

Until there is a fully tracked postage method and less loss/theft on the way many people are not going to post to Greece.

Maybe you should start telling sellers you will arrange your own courier to collect the item at your risk rather than expect the seller to take the risks for "a little extra on the P&P". But then, would you be happy paying £30-50 for postage?

Hi, No disrespect to you but the Greek Post Office puts the Royal mail to shame both at the post offices and the delivery side of things.
Quote:- "Until there is a fully tracked postage method" There is a trackable postal service to and from Greece and even mail sent from the UK that needs to be signed for is delivered by a courier not the postman, they even (as long as you have the phone No. put on a package) call you when they are in your village to get directions to houses outside the village boundary or to meet them on the main road, how many delivery services in the UK do that?
And again Quote:- "Maybe you should start telling sellers you will arrange your own courier" Why should I have to do that for letters/packages being sent within the EU? Would someone that lives in Skye for example have to do that?

Back