panamoz

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
hi

has anyone bought from panzamoz.com if so what did you think ?

also do you get propper uk warranty

thanx

yeah they seem to have a good customer service, so ive just ordered the canon eos 600d with the lens kit 18-55 :)

I have bought 2 lenses from them, always arrived in 4 or 5 days. They give you their own warranty though so the items would have to be sent back to them.

Phil

I've bought 2 bodies and 2 lenses so far off Panamoz and I'm just waiting until I can afford my next lens, a Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS L MkII, hopefully in a few days time. I cannot praise Panamoz highly enough. Every time I've ordered it's arrived in 4 or 5 days, excellently packaged and everything in good order. I've just worked out that I could of saved well over a £2000 if I'd ordered everything off Panamoz. If they have the item in stock I'll order from there everytime.

I got a 120- 400mm sigma, that arrived in about4 to 5 days can't complain good service

I recently got a Sigma 8-16mm, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 100mm f2.8L IS macro and Canon Speedlite 600ex-RT from them. 5% discount for bank transfer. Fantastic prices. Delivery within 4 days from Hong Kong. I did plenty of research beforehand and plenty of positive reviews on this forum and other sites. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend them

I ordered my 5d3 and 85 1.8 from them on Tuesday, paid via BT. Got everything this afternoon. I'll be honest it was a bit nerve racking, but everything worked out well that I'm planing what to buy next from them.

Mr Bennett said:
I recently got a Sigma 8-16mm, Canon 85mm f1.8, Canon 100mm f2.8L IS macro and Canon Speedlite 600ex-RT from them. 5% discount for bank transfer. Fantastic prices. Delivery within 4 days from Hong Kong. I did plenty of research beforehand and plenty of positive reviews on this forum and other sites. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend them

What about vat and import tax as it comes from HK?

POAH said:
What about vat and import tax as it comes from HK?

I didn't have to pay anything. There was no paper work regarding value of the item. Invoice was emailed earlier. At guess it's a bit sneaky

Last edited:

Hi

The flash did you need to ask it is not listed on the site do you recall the price please

Cheers

Any duty, vat and customs fee are included in the price, it says on the sites FAQ's about the duty. If there's any extra to pay send Panamoz the invoice and they'll reimburse you. I'm hoping to order my lens very soon but this time I'll pay by bank transfer for an discount.

Any duty, vat and customs fee are included in the price, it says on the sites FAQ's about the duty. If there's any extra to pay send Panamoz the invoice and they'll reimburse you. I'm hoping to order my lens very soon but this time I'll pay by bank transfer for an discount.

I'd love to hear if that has actually had to be implmented for anyone yet and what the outcome was :)

Lots of good feedback about this site over at AVF and there members which i have been a member for many many years and moderated there classifieds forums for a while.

Placed an order on the 23rd at 7pm and according to the tracker it's within 10 miles from me.

Looking forward to my new camera.

They've just offered a 5D Mk III and 24-105mm lens bundle for £2500 to a friend of mine. That's the lowest price I've seen so far.

7D and canon 70-300L from Panamoz. Good company and no extra fees.

:plus1:

bought a Canon 24-105mm f4L from them a month or so ago.
Very impressed. Ordered Fri lunchtime, arrived Monday lunch.
Love the Fed Ex tracking info too, not just the usual 'shipped' and 'delivered' status you get with other couriers, it tells you where it is at every stage of transit.

At £595 it was far cheaper than anywhere else, but still a lot of money for me, so i also did a lot of searching on the web for reviews. There were a few bad ones, but these were by people that clearly would moan about anything, or were from years ago!

Well i've just ordered a Canon 60D - will update this thread as how i get on.

I ordered a 5Diii, 7D, 1.4xIII & 2xIII from them yesterday and paid by BT. Looking forward to the courier calling (this week?) but I'm told there will be three separate parcels. Guessing that UK Customs are only looking at the larger consignments... Lets see what happens.

One thing I forgot to mention is on the parcel they write something different to what is inside. My 70-300l had written "toy parts" lol

One thing I forgot to mention is on the parcel they write something different to what is inside. My 70-300l had written "toy parts" lol

......which just proves they are evading import duty and/or VAT.

Good luck with warranties etc.

Heather

Good luck with warranties etc.

Heather

For me i'm not too bothered with the warranty, my equipment will be insured anyway.

I'm paying the same price as i would if it was 2nd hand.

I thought long and hard about this last night. You are correct that it is they (and ALL the others who export from H.K. etc) that are sneaking under the radar of HM Customs in the UK. As the purchaser, all I'm doing is getting the best price I can. If I get hit for VAT at the delivery stage then I'll claim it back from Panamoz so nobody can accuse me of trying to do anything dodgy. However, consider that there is potentially £400 of VAT alone in one of these and you begin to see why Jessops etc just can't compete.

Our government basically want to cream 20% off everything that is purchased in this country. You get taxed when you earn the money, then you get taxed again when you spend it. Sometimes you get taxed two or three times in one go - like with petrol, tobacco and alcohol.:bang:

Even the likes of Tesco are trying to get round these taxes with distribution offices in Jersey / Gibraltar etc. Moonpig.com is Geurnsey (I think) and that's been hitting Clinton Cards etc for some time.

The simple problem is that it's not a level playing field. The UK chooses not to afford to have all it's imports checked by cutting border agency staff. Small packets of toy parts don't get looked at, but that's an awful lot of missed revenue when you are talking about £100's per small box.

So who is being dishonest and who looses?

Everyone and no-one at the same time. The UK tax system isn't the concern of foreign exporters. The purchaser isn't at fault, as they are aware that they could be hit for the money at delivery, but it will be reimbursed by a company who says they will cover that. Everybody knows it's bending the rules, but nobody is responsible for it. Just like speeding. We all do it, but only occasionally does someone get caught. I doubt if anyone has ever walked into a police station and said " I was just doing 40mph in a 30 zone, please charge me". By the same token, nobody is going to phone the vat office and say "you forgot to charge me on a personal import."

UK PLC is the one who is loosing, along with every UK based bona-fide business trading on the high street or the internet.

As far as warranties are concerned, this is one of the UK public's biggest hang-ups and I think it must be a cultural thing. The Jessops camera and the Panamoz camera come from the same manufacturer and the same production line. They have the same chance of going wrong (very small) and I'd venture to say that you will have more hassle (and cost and grief) taking it back to a shop after three months than you will sending it to someone in the UK who is a representative of the HK supplier. It may be that Canon UK won't touch it, but that's simply because they have no profit in it. I could be wrong but I'd guess that Canon UK are a private distributor who have no connection with the Japanese company other than perhaps a token shareholding in both directions.

I thought long and hard about this last night. You are correct that it is they (and ALL the others who export from H.K. etc) that are sneaking under the radar of HM Customs in the UK. As the purchaser, all I'm doing is getting the best price I can. If I get hit for VAT at the delivery stage then I'll claim it back from Panamoz so nobody can accuse me of trying to do anything dodgy. However, consider that there is potentially £400 of VAT alone in one of these and you begin to see why Jessops etc just can't compete.

Well technically you are classed as the importer (not the company that sent it) and your are legally supposed to declare it and pay the duty and VAT. If you do not declare it and pay the duty then you have broken the law and can be fined and have the goods seized. I know it isn't likely to happen but it is worth being aware of it. If the company are offering to refund any duty incurred then I would think it would be wise to declare it and save any potential problems.

I thought the way Panamoz worked they import to the goods to their own distribution centre in the UK, just like any other importer might, and the product is shipped to the customer from the UK distribution centre, not unlike buying an official UK product from a UK supplier. Surely that makes the tax affairs the responsibility of the importer (Panamoz) and not the customer. At least that's how I understand the wording I've seen.

From this page - http://panamoz.com/index.php/about-us - note the words....

* All import taxes/VAT are paid by us (No more surprising tax charges)

And from this page - http://panamoz.com/index.php/faq - we have....

3. Will I have to pay Import taxes?

No, all import taxes/duties/VAT are covered by us. We are responsible for all additional tax charges. The price you see when you place an order with us, is all you have to pay. The price displayed for items sold by Panamoz Electronics are inclusive. You will be able to see your final price before you confirm your order, when you have completed your order information (including your delivery address).

Should we believe something different?

I ordered a 5Diii, 7D, 1.4xIII & 2xIII from them yesterday and paid by BT. Looking forward to the courier calling (this week?) but I'm told there will be three separate parcels. Guessing that UK Customs are only looking at the larger consignments... Lets see what happens.

Guess you won't need the 5dII anymore, I'll dispose of it for you ;)

What is the correct declared value anyway? The price the punter pays which includes profit or the actual trade replacement cost of the item or the cost of the bits if it is electronic components? If they're misdeclaring the value or labelling items to avoid duty then that is serious. Putting toy parts on the outside could easily be a way of avoiding theft as without opening someone wouldn't realise it was worth stealing. It only matters if the amount of duty is different for that category (assuming correct goods value declared)

A couple of components can cost pence but put them together in the right order and they have a different value.

I think labelling canon stuff as 'toy parts' might just be their sense of humour :D

I thought the way Panamoz worked they import to the goods to their own distribution centre in the UK, just like any other importer might, and the product is shipped to the customer from the UK distribution centre, not unlike buying an official UK product from a UK supplier. Surely that makes the tax affairs the responsibility of the importer (Panamoz) and not the customer. At least that's how I understand the wording I've seen.

From this page - http://panamoz.com/index.php/about-us - note the words....

And from this page - http://panamoz.com/index.php/faq - we have....

Should we believe something different?

Your goods are shipped to you from HK under the guise of "toy parts" or similar, not from within the UK.

You are quoting from the sales blurb from panamoz, who will say what they think you want to hear.

Well technically you are classed as the importer (not the company that sent it) and your are legally supposed to declare it and pay the duty and VAT. If you do not declare it and pay the duty then you have broken the law and can be fined and have the goods seized. I know it isn't likely to happen but it is worth being aware of it. If the company are offering to refund any duty incurred then I would think it would be wise to declare it and save any potential problems.

THIS :agree:

Heather

srichards said:
What is the correct declared value anyway? The price the punter pays which includes profit or the actual trade replacement cost of the item or the cost of the bits if it is electronic components?

As far as HMRC are concerned the "correct" declared value is the price paid for the item AND the cost of shipping it here so, for example, if the item only cost £20 but the shipping cost £100 then the duty is due on £120......

Another thing to consider is if you want to take your camera / lens abroad you may get stopped at Customs on your return. They can demand to see paperwork to prove you're not bringing back high ticket items without paying the duty/vat.

The paperwork will need to show the charges have already been paid....;)

amjad175 said:
Another thing to consider is if you want to take your camera / lens abroad you may get stopped at Customs on your return. They can demand to see paperwork to prove you're not bringing back high ticket items without paying the duty/vat.

The paperwork will need to show the charges have already been paid....;)

Surely this isn't true? What about if you purchased something on here 2nd hand with no original receipt and then took it on holiday with you?

I ordered my new lens Monday night and it arrived this afternoon. Good communication and I could track it all the way. I am very satisfied with Panamoz.

Surely this isn't true? What about if you purchased something on here 2nd hand with no original receipt and then took it on holiday with you?

They can seize the items until proof is provided, it will be up to you to convince them.

Back