panamoz

They could but is it likely to happen... No. Be stupid to carry receipts for every electrical item you take abroad...

[Duplicated from the "Where to buy a canon 5D mkIII" thread.]

My 5DIII arrived from Panamoz today :)D) along with BG-E11 battery grip, BG-E7 grip and both 1.4xIII & 2xIII extenders. The 7D is following tomorrow and is currently 30 miles away.

A quick trip through the menus shows I'm going to be spending a bit of time reading the manual!!! Instant reaction to the differences with my 5DII are that I've already fallen in love with the lock on the mode dial and I'm going to take some time to get used to the repositioning of the zoom controls.

UK plug lead & English manual all there. The only 'issue' thus far has been that the eyecup is missing from the box. I've double checked (and so has my wife) and it's nowhere to be found. I've already e-mailed Tina and she is sending a replacement out.

Service?? What more can you ask for?(y)

My 500 F4L II is now attached and I can't wait to get out of the office....:cool:

Anyone know if you get the Tamron 5 year warranty when you buy a lens from Panamoz?

jimmy83 said:
Anyone know if you get the Tamron 5 year warranty when you buy a lens from Panamoz?

No, because their stuff is grey market, the 5 year warranty only applies to lenses bought from Tamron's official UK dealers.

No, because their stuff is grey market, the 5 year warranty only applies to lenses bought from Tamron's official UK dealers.

Ok as I thought, thanks for confirming.

[Duplicated from the "Where to buy a 5D mkIII thread"]

After the euphoria of the 5DIII delivery yesterday, today has seen a little bit of a disappointment in terms of what's arrived. The 7D came in the same type of box, but this one had suffered slightly at the hands of the courier. Nothing major, but the Canon box inside was showing a few creases where it had been slightly squashed as if it had enjoyed being sat-on by another box or two.

Nothing inside was damaged and everything is unblemished and works perfectly. However, this package hadn't enjoyed the same 'destined for UK' service as my 5DIII had. I don't feel that this is worthy of a complaint to Panamoz, I'm only telling like it is:

• I've received a wall charger with two flat pins and some sort of 3rd party 3-pin adaptor.
  • The camera was set to Japanese/Chinese language.
Given that I already have two proper UK chargers (from my 5D's) I'm not at all concerned. Furthermore, the supplied charger does work with the adaptor in a UK socket.

The language setting was more of a concern because you really need to be able to read the far-eastern hieroglyphics in order to change the language setting to English!:help:

Once again, I was fortunate in having the 5D's so I could emulate the menu settings by cross-referencing and succeeded in changing it to English at my first attempt. However, anyone new to these cameras would not be so fortunate.:|

Just to add my experience with Panamoz

I ordered a new 650D lens kit with the new 18-135 IS STM lens on Friday. Received notification of despatch and tracking number the same day.

Lo and behold the camera arrived today via DHL, seriously quick delivery!!

Opened the box and there were all the items you would expect to see in the kit if bought in this country.

It had the full english printed user manual as well as the CD's, and even a proper english 3 pin plug for the charger, no adaptor plugs in sight. That was a very pleasant surprise as I was expecting an adaptor in the box as is usual.

Got the package for an excellent price too so I'm one very happy bunny today! :D

All i need now is for it to stop raining :bonk:

The only 'issue' thus far has been that the eyecup is missing from the box. I've double checked (and so has my wife) and it's nowhere to be found. I've already e-mailed Tina and she is sending a replacement out.
Just to tie this one up, I received a FedEx package today which contained the missing eyecup. In fact, it was a brand new Canon EG in the retail packing.

Can't fault that sort of service.:clap:

[Duplicated from the "Where to buy a 5D mkIII thread"]

After the euphoria of the 5DIII delivery yesterday, today has seen a little bit of a disappointment in terms of what's arrived. The 7D came in the same type of box, but this one had suffered slightly at the hands of the courier. Nothing major, but the Canon box inside was showing a few creases where it had been slightly squashed as if it had enjoyed being sat-on by another box or two.

Nothing inside was damaged and everything is unblemished and works perfectly. However, this package hadn't enjoyed the same 'destined for UK' service as my 5DIII had. I don't feel that this is worthy of a complaint to Panamoz, I'm only telling like it is:

• I've received a wall charger with two flat pins and some sort of 3rd party 3-pin adaptor.
  • The camera was set to Japanese/Chinese language.
Given that I already have two proper UK chargers (from my 5D's) I'm not at all concerned. Furthermore, the supplied charger does work with the adaptor in a UK socket.

The language setting was more of a concern because you really need to be able to read the far-eastern hieroglyphics in order to change the language setting to English!:help:

Once again, I was fortunate in having the 5D's so I could emulate the menu settings by cross-referencing and succeeded in changing it to English at my first attempt. However, anyone new to these cameras would not be so fortunate
.:|

I only took me a few seconds to set the language to English, The menu symbols are the same in any language so you just needed to look up language in the index of the supplied English language manual.....simples:D

Hi guys

Sorry to drag this thread back to life, but Friday Im ordering £1600 worth of equipment from Panamoz, I gather all the above good experiences still stand?

Its just a lot of money to loose if it all goes belly up?

Gareth

I just got my first order from them today. Ordered a Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 Sunday morning (in bed with ipad :) and it arrived at 9:30 this morning. Very happy with both the service and the camera.
I also got a 12 month replacement warranty for free so that was nice, although i hope never to use it.

Last edited:
I just got my first order from them today. Ordered a Tamron 24-70 f/2.8 Sunday morning (in bed with ipad :) and it arrived at 9:30 this morning. Very happy with both the service and the camera.
I also got a 12 year replacement warranty for free so that was nice, although i hope never to use it.

Was that a typo ;)

Just shows how ripped off we are in this country for electrical items.

Im ordering my first L lens and 7D tomorrow.

Gareth

Gareth

Just shows how little regard people have to the tax evasion/import duty implications of buying from outside the EU rather than being "ripped off".

Heather

How could a UK company possibly compete with a company that doesn't declare any value for the goods that it's sending into the country? They have a 20% price advantage immediately from that alone. People are quick to jump on celebrities and businesses not contributing fully to the UK economy (legally), but are quite happy to support these practices when it suits them.

If HMRC started recognising their packages their business model would unravel quicker than their (admittedly very quick) deliveries.

Im ordering my first L lens and 7D tomorrow.

Gareth
You gonna pay tax on it?

yer sorry, I should be buying within our own country so the tax can go towards killing thousands of people in the middle east.

yer sorry, I should be buying within our own country so the tax can go towards killing thousands of people in the middle east.

Or saving my life a few months ago when a virus developed on my heart, but each to their own I guess.

what do you think?
No, I don`t think you will.

But, to say that we are ripped off in this country when our retailers are at a 20% price disadvantage straight away, is somewhat naive.

I've been looking at panamoz and seen a lot of good reviews including some positive things in this thread.

But having read all that I then look at some of the lens prices and they are expensive even to UK inflated prices.

Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X116 Pro DX Lens (Canon/Nikon)
£509.00

Amazon.co.uk price £445.30

Yet camera bodies seem cheap.

Am I missing something?

yup, the previous thread was removed. Its no longer a good place to source cheap goods.

could you clarify...as in no longer in business, rubbish service, prices not so good,etc ?

Where do you recommend for imports, DigitalRev, for example?

I was looking at Wex as a UK retailer but the camera I wanted in PC World was a lot cheaper (of the UK retailers).

I saved about 150 quid with this company on a top galaxy phone for my missus.. shes had it yonks now.. perfect...

import tax? dont know . dont care.. i saved about 150 quid.. i really dont care how..

happyshopper :)

I read in a lot of places they cover all that and no one has been stung for extra costs as far as I can tell.

I do think their prices are odd. some really good some really bad.
e.g.

canon 600d with 18-55mm £559.00 (not cheap)
canon 700d with 18-135mm £573.00 (really cheap best UK price is £750 with cash back)
Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM £380 amazon.co.uk £149.

YIKES !!!!!!!!! (censored version)

I did a search on www.companieshouse.gov.uk
http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//companysearch?disp=1&frfsh=1370347273&#result
07101986 D PANAMOZ LTD Dissolved

That's alarming!

Company House said:
Company Details

Name & Registered Office:
PANAMOZ LTD
6 WILDFELL
CATFORD
LONDON
ENGLAND
SE6 4HU
Company No. 07101986

Date of Incorporation: 11/12/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC):
None Supplied
Accounting Reference Date: 31/12
Last Accounts Made Up To: (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due:
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due:
Mortgage: Number of charges: ( 0 outstanding / 0 satisfied / 0 part satisfied )
Previous Names:
No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.
UK Establishment Details

Is it actually them?

Not sure how accurate this is as they are still trading?

Last edited:
I think the UK company was a name only thing to give them a UK presence, I also think I read on the old thread that they might have got into trouble with the Inland Revenue over it and imports, hence the big price increases. As has been said, they are no longer a good option for cheap electronics, those of us lucky enough to buy stuff before had great service from them though.

Just rec D750 from them at a very good price. However, has turned-up just with photocopied instructions and not a UK charger (although does include an adapter).
Other products have had the correct accessories. I've asked for the correct ones to be sent otherwise the order is cancelled.
Let's see if they sort this out?

Just rec D750 from them at a very good price. However, has turned-up just with photocopied instructions and not a UK charger (although does include an adapter).
Other products have had the correct accessories. I've asked for the correct ones to be sent otherwise the order is cancelled.
Let's see if they sort this out?
Email reply from them in less than an hour offering a resolution.
Good service.

Last edited:
I very recently bought a Nikon 70-200 f2.8 from them and received the lens very quickly and in excellent condition. All charges paid by Panamoz.

I would definitely buy from them again.

Ordered a D750 yesterday to pay via BACS, within an hour I'd received the email confirming they'd received the payment.

23 hours after the order was placed I had a tracking number.

I received my first delivery from Panamoz today. I placed the order on Friday morning (our time) which was the end of the day for them. It was picked up by the courier on Saturday and arrived with me at 09:44 this morning (Tuesday). Packaging was very comprehensive and the contents are perfect. Apart from the price the three year warranty increases the value even further. Hopefully I will not need to put their after sales service to the test, but so far I'm one satisfied customer and will be very happy to use them again.

After reading this thread I decided to take the plunge and order a Canon 14mm F2.8L II Ultra Wide angle lens from Panamoz.
They sent me an invoice with the BACS details and I made the money transfer last Thursday (16th Oct).
I received acknowledgement of the payment on Friday morning, later followed by a notification of despatch and a FedEx tracking number.
I followed the consignment over the weekend and on Monday 20th the FedEx site said the delivery would be Monday before noon.
The lens arrived Monday morning at 11:15.
It was well packed with many layers of bubble wrap around the manufacturers box and suffered no transit damage.

Overall a very satisfactory experience and I would certainly consider using Panamoz again in the future, although as others have pointed out, you need to check their prices on the item you need.
I saved over £300 on the UK price of this lens, but I noticed the prices for the Canon 1.4x and 2x tele convertors are actually more expensive from Panamoz than you can buy them retail in the UK.

All I need now is a break in the weather so I can go and test my new toy.

My D750 arrived yesterday after a 48 hour delay between making my tracking number and actually giving the item to UPS in Hong Kong.

It came in a box just barely bigger than the manufacturers box with no extra padding, though I'm happy with Nikon packing anyway.

All in all very very happy with the service, a few niggles I had with them were dealt with quickly and to my extreme satisfaction.

It's a Japanese camera which came setup in Japanese, but had an English plug and manual.
I'll likely use again and recommend to others, but don't assume they are cheapest! The 50mm 1.8 I wanted was about £50 cheaper in WEX.

Bought a couple of lenses from Panamoz,both times they were delivered within a week.Packaging is not the best,but it works.I will use them again.

Back