Panasonic Lumix LX7 Thread

1003925_10153226326200305_1052915971_n.jpg

And toy camera mode:

1185784_10153226327670305_1801326018_n.jpg

Cheers Stu.

How's the P7700?

I had the P7000 when it first came out but it was just too slow.

Yeah very happy with it mate..focus is plenty fast enough as is shot to shot..it does slow down a bit with raw but I use extreme 95mbs cards and its not that bad tbh. Image quality is much better than I was expecting and its so user friendly! I reckon there is a dial for just about every setting you need!Love the full articulating screen also.:cool:

Hi Guys
After some advice if someone could help please?
Its my daughters wedding next year and I dont want to take my DSLR for obvious reasons (father of the bride not wanting to walk down the isle with a bulky camera ha). My compact at the moment is a Sony HX9V which I am extremely happy with but as this day is a one off and not being able to shoot it again I am looking to get the best compact (within reason) that I can afford.
Would the Lumix LX7 be a worthy upgrade or should I stick with the Sony or look somewhere else, I know very little about compacts.
Thanks in advance

Definitely an upgrade on what you have but if it's purely for your daughter's wedding then I'd say you're probably better off with a Fuji x20 for the manual lens, faster AF and OVF.

The only thing that might annoy you a bit during a wedding would be the slow zoom but of course you could always use it as a prime but this is really where no camera can touch the Fuji - I've shot a wedding with one so have first hand experience :)

As a general camera, I prefer the lx7 which is smaller, lighter, better lens and all of it's little perks are great such as the creative modes and 720/100fps video.

It is definitely one of the best compacts out today but it's not for the speed user who zooms a lot.

I've probably just added to confusion but hope this helps.

Keep these wonderful shots coming, I've put mine up for sale ;)

hehe, it worked ;)

Back