Panasonic Lumix LX7 Thread

Those of you that want to see how the fault on my LX7 manifests itself should have a look here.

Well I have decided to buy a new LX7. It's just been ordered, so hopefully it won't be too long before I can contribute to the thread again.

Upping the game with the 10 stop!

1452052_715411748482862_490893285_n.jpg

And a bracketed shot:

1452451_715412475149456_1094848874_n.jpg

Hi

After repeatedly humping my gear back and forth to the UK and paying the extra baggage the wife has brought me an LX7.

I already have seven SD cards so don’t wish to buy anymore. The camera says they were not formatted in the camera. I have tried re-formatting them with the computer (64 bit), no luck.

I downloaded the instructions and searched the camera, no help there.

How does one format a card in this camera?

Graham.

Hi

After repeatedly humping my gear back and forth to the UK and paying the extra baggage the wife has brought me an LX7.

I already have seven SD cards so don’t wish to buy anymore. The camera says they were not formatted in the camera. I have tried re-formatting them with the computer (64 bit), no luck.

I downloaded the instructions and searched the camera, no help there.

How does one format a card in this camera?

Graham.
Press menu, scroll down to set up, then go to page 7, where you will see the word format.

It also says on page 20 of the english pdf guide "please reformat the card with this camera if it has already been formatted by a computer or another device" Details of how to do so appear in "using the set up menu".

Dunno how you missed it in the camera options and the instructions!

Thank you both for your replies. I have read the downloaded PDF instructions. Page 25 and page 42 make reference to formatting but does not state where the format function is.

Looking in the menu I only have six pages. So this goes some way to answering the question. I have been to the Panasonic website and cannot find a firmware update. I can’t find out which version of firmware I have, but without updates I can only imagine there is one version of the firmware, but that can’t be true if others have a page 7.

The camera came with an American charger, but charges ok with 240v. Perhaps there different cameras for different markets.

I’m stuck and beginning to wish I had not brought a Panasonic.

Many thanks again for your help.

Graham.

Thank you both for your replies. I have read the downloaded PDF instructions. Page 25 and page 42 make reference to formatting but does not state where the format function is.

Looking in the menu I only have six pages. So this goes some way to answering the question. I have been to the Panasonic website and cannot find a firmware update. I can’t find out which version of firmware I have, but without updates I can only imagine there is one version of the firmware, but that can’t be true if others have a page 7.

The camera came with an American charger, but charges ok with 240v. Perhaps there different cameras for different markets.

I’m stuck and beginning to wish I had not brought a Panasonic.

Many thanks again for your help.

Graham.
I think you are looking at the Rec menus (which does indeed have 6 pages) not the Set Up menus, of which there are 8 pages.

I kept returning to this problem and have now discovered that more settings pages are displayed (8) if the camera is set to manual mode. The cards are now formatted and working properly. I’m a little happier now!

I still feel like a prat waving a camera at arm’s length trying to take a picture.

Kerso supplied the camera at a very keen price.

Thanks for your help chaps.

I kept returning to this problem and have now discovered that more settings pages are displayed (8) if the camera is set to manual mode. The cards are now formatted and working properly. I’m a little happier now!

I still feel like a prat waving a camera at arm’s length trying to take a picture.

Kerso supplied the camera at a very keen price.

Thanks for your help chaps.
I'm glad you got it sorted. I look forward to seeing some photos.

Back