Park Cameras ‘trade in’

Name
Justin
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a little heads up if you are considering using Park Cameras to trade some gear - their quote was the best which was a surprise so I thought I would give them a go.

The lens was brand new and came as a promotion when buying the Panasonic S5. I’ve had the lens for 3 weeks and only used it once in the house.

Imagine my surprise when the email came through today offering me £15 less than I had been quoted ! Reason ? Fine dust in rubber corrugating of grip so needs cleaning !

If you know these lenses you know you only have to touch them to get dust in the soft rubber grips !

So if you do trade in to Park Cameras just bare in mind even if the item is brand new they will knock you down !

Won’t be using them again, I know it’s only £15 but not keen on that sort of practice !

Last edited:
Just a little heads up if you are considering using Park Cameras to trade some gear - their quote was the best which was a surprise so I thought I would give them a go.

The lens was brand new and came as a promotion when buying the Panasonic S5. I’ve had the lens for 3 weeks and only used it once in the house.

Imagine my surprise when the email came through today offering me £15 less than I had been quoted ! Reason ? Fine dust in rubber corrugating of grip so needs cleaning !

If you know these lenses you know you only have to touch them to get dust in the soft rubber grips !

So if you do trade in to Park Cameras just bare in mind even if the item is brand new they will knock you down !

Won’t be using them again, I know it’s only £15 but not keen on that sort of practice !

Noted

Whenever you sell something, you have to be aware that the offer may change when the buyer has more knowledge of the item.

It can also work the other way. On a few occasions, I've had the dealer increasing the offer once they've fully examined an item.

Last edited:
Whenever you sell something, you have to be aware that the offer may change when the buyer has more knowledge of the item.

It can also work the other way. On a few occasions, it's happened to me the other way round, with the dealer increasing the offer.
Yes I get that but I think in this instance they are trying to lure you in with a good price to then knock it down.

Yes I get that but I think in this instance they are trying to lure you in with a good price to then knock it down.
To be fair, we'll never know what caused the change in the offer.

No but the quote says fine dust in the rubber grips which means it needs a clean - like I hadn‘t cleaned it before I sent it !
You miss my point: we have no knowledge beyond what you claim, which tells us only your opinion. Perhaps, if the dealer chose to take part in this conversation, we would have more opportunity to take a balanced view.

They tried the same trick with me some years ago claiming dust in lens when I took it in. So I said well show me then the dust , they couldn't as I knew my lens was totally clean. It is a ploy to try and knock the value down. They tend to think you now zilch about cameras and lenses. Another time I went in to buy a nikon lens Niikon70-200 mm I think it was. After the sales lad played about on his computer screen turned to me and said they were out of stock.. Very strange that because right behind him about 2ft away in a display cabinet was that exact lens. I can't say I am over impressed with Park Cameras in their Burgess Hill branch after my dealings with them.

When I had my own business the customer was always right,even if it ment less profit, far better to have a happy customer/client who hopefully will like the sevice provided .

Last edited:
You miss my point: we have no knowledge beyond what you claim, which tells us only your opinion. Perhaps, if the dealer chose to take part in this conversation, we would have more opportunity to take a balanced view.
You missed my point which was a heads up on my experience - you can ignore it if you like.

Well, if you have inside knowledge, you could share it...
I do, it was stated in the first post

“Imagine my surprise when the email came through today offering me £15 less than I had been quoted ! Reason ? Fine dust in rubber corrugating of grip so needs cleaning !”

That’s not the OPs opinion

Last edited:
That is really taking the pee, for the record I looked at a lens they had on display that was described as "like new", it was absolutely filthy and I was told "we don't clean them when we take them in", judging by the state of it they sure don't !!!

I wouldn't accept that explanation they've given you, pure BS in my opinion.

They took over £1100 out of my bank for a £285 purchase last month. As soon as I noticed, I contacted them and they promised they’d already refunded it. Two and half weeks later, still no refund And no reply to my messages.
Had to resort to leaving a bad trustpilot review, where they promptly contacted me and apologised.. they had “put the refund through but it had failed and no one noticed”…
yeah sure.

I emailed them to say what they had done was poor practice and I’ve not even received a reply which sums up their customer service.

I will stick to my local LCE in future (Derby) who are brilliant.

They took over £1100 out of my bank for a £285 purchase last month. As soon as I noticed, I contacted them and they promised they’d already refunded it. Two and half weeks later, still no refund And no reply to my messages.
Had to resort to leaving a bad trustpilot review, where they promptly contacted me and apologised.. they had “put the refund through but it had failed and no one noticed”…
yeah sure.
That is shocking - worse than my experience !

I emailed them to say what they had done was poor practice and I’ve not even received a reply which sums up their customer service.

I will stick to my local LCE in future (Derby) who are brilliant.

I hope you got them to return it to you and not accepted their low ball offer.

Back