Photo import union ?

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
I now did a search on Nikon z9 cameras and a Google search came up with this company. Also apparently they have stock of the Nikon Z9 and priced at £5100. Has anybody used this company. The search came up as a company in London. I have never heard of this company before.

I do not recall hearing of/reading about this company......

However, it seems to have been trading since 2017 and the single owner/director was 20 years old at the time of registration and if I am reading the micro accounts correctly it has minimal assets and has traded at a loss every year.

Personally I would not buy from them, if I were to buy 'Grey' I would use HDEW !

So the usual 'rule' applies ~ caveat emptor.

PS I note 'they' say they buy from EU authorised sources and are not Grey Importers................I take it from the price you say above that it is competitive against the likes of WEX etc??? My opinion is still beware. Afteral, Nikon is the same as any other maker...........i.e. unlikely to allow a reseller to uncut (too highly?) their other resellers :thinking:

PPS how come a one person company has stock when the likes of WEX etc are stating awaiting stock?

Last edited:
I do not recall hearing of/reading about this company......

However, it seems to have been trading since 2017 and the single owner/director was 20 years old at the time of registration and if I am reading the micro accounts correctly it has minimal assets and has traded at a loss every year.

Personally I would not buy from them, if I were to buy 'Grey' I would use HDEW !

So the usual 'rule' applies ~ caveat emptor.

PS I note 'they' say they buy from EU authorised sources and are not Grey Importers................I take it from the price you say above that it is competitive against the likes of WEX etc??? My opinion is still beware. Afteral, Nikon is the same as any other maker...........i.e. unlikely to allow a reseller to uncut (too highly?) their other resellers :thinking:

PPS how come a one person company has stock when the likes of WEX etc are stating awaiting stock?
This would be my thoughts too especially when considering purchasing a £5k camera.

One thing to add if they were born in 1977 as the company details say they would have been 40 years old when starting the company rather than 20.

Last edited:
This would be my thoughts too especially when considering purchasing a £5k camera.

One thing to add if they were born in 1977 as the company details say they would have been 40 years old when starting the company rather than 20.
Oh, I must have misread it I thought it said 1997.....ooops my bad!

Thankyou for the helpful replies. I am on the list at WEX for a Z9 think I will wait.

Pete.

Hi, I bought an expensive Nikon camera myself (not z9) from photo import union and I have to say that I was impressed with their service and also their product is legitimate with official warranty…

Hi, I bought an expensive Nikon camera myself (not z9) from photo import union and I have to say that I was impressed with their service and also their product is legitimate with official warranty…
How convenient. Thanks for signing up to tell us that.

I’d stick with the tried and tested retailers like Hdew or Panamoz if you want to buy grey.

Last edited:
How convenient. Thanks for signing up to tell us that.

I’d stick with the tried and tested retailers like Hdew or Panamoz if you want to buy grey.
That’s entirely your call. I just wanted to share my personal experience which was very good with them.

That’s entirely your call. I just wanted to share my personal experience which was very good with them.
Perhaps I'm just a natural sceptic but your only 2 posts are about a retailer who nobody else seems to be aware of - this is a very large community - and haven't participated since.

I may be doing you a disservice - if so more than happy to apologise

Back