Photo selection software needed

Name
dave
Edit My Images
No
Dose any one know of a software that can pick out all the photos of a certain car from a folder of thousands, with out haveing to go throu them 1 by 1. ?

Both lightroom and picassa (free) can search by keyword but you would need to keyword them as you go along, offhand I can't think of anything that would recognize a certain type of car.

I'll be watching this post like a hawk in case someone comes up with a solution. I run two digital archives for hill climb clubs and part of my job is to submit photos for their event programmes. I use Aperture 3 and I'm currently going through the painful process of Keywording every photo (I receive over 4000 per season for the one club's archive and I've only just started the other one this year and I'm expecting that to be similar) I use driver's names for the Keywords but a way of recognising certain cars would be dead handy.

Adobe bridge?

aparently there is software available, talking to a race driver yesterday told me that a photographer at santa pod just pulls one photo into a software and it pulls all photos out of the same car.

aparently there is software available, talking to a race driver yesterday told me that a photographer at santa pod just pulls one photo into a software and it pulls all photos out of the same car.

I'm sure we'll all love to see what it is!

is it not just the date the photo/photos where taken that he is typing in ?

I understand photoshop elements (don't use it) has a system that can pick out similar faces, but I have no idea if it's able to spot similar cars or whatever.

I'm struggling to see how any software can differentiate between one red Ferrari and another. I struggle myself on occasions and I've been photographing them for years. However, I'll be happy to be proved wrong. :)

Facebook allows me to tag someone... then shows me a list of other untagged photos in my albums that resemble the same person... A lot of them are actually that person, so the software is out there... but where?!

Digikam can search based on similar shapes, colours or images. So you can sketch something and it will find the nearest matches. See Digikam Fuzzy search.
Digikam is a photo management application for indexing, managing, editing and raw processing. I use it for my whole process, from the camera, sorting, tagging, RAW, HDR, panorama stitching through to uploading. It lets you plug in external programs too.

There are OCR systems out there - some marathon photo agencies use it to tag runners vests. Could possibly work for cars.

However, the way most people do it is by assigning keywords whilst sorting and processing. It is my least favourite part of the job.

Back