Photobooks

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone recommend decent a photobook supplier with good print quality, quick turnaround and without a supplier's logo printed on?

Cheers

Si

Blurb, but you will pay for express and to remove the logo. plenty of others on here have used them.

I purchased a Kodakgallery.co.uk photobook.

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/PhotoBookOverview.jsp

The simon+kabuki book i purchased and i have to admit paper/picture qaulity was spot on. I did expect padded leather faced as a mag kindly pointed out its was padded leather, but there wasn't a lot of padding. Qaulity wise was superb and delivery took 5 days.

You get a white/clear leaf before the pictures start too.

I paid £30 delivered for my book

I can take some pics later tonight and post them if need a closer look as there site doesn't tell you much about them.

Blurb as above, seem to be the best quality, just a shame they're in the US but don't let that stop you, I've seen some great books produced by them and the software is very easy to use

Blurb everytime.

Choose priority delivery, premium paper and custom logo, and you still get a fabulous book with over 100 pages in it for less than £50!

myphotobook.co.uk are good for printed books, not sure if they have a quick turnaround though, i guess just enquire, i got a hardbound A4 size book with about 65 pics for about £45, their based in Germany :)

Thanks very much for all the suggestions... am leaning towards Blurb, they look superb - just hope their delivery will be fast enough!

I would like to reactivate this thread, saves opening another.

I'm also interested in getting a book produced by some company.

Photobox, although i have had some prints from them, i felt there paper quality was not so good, so went of to Togsprint for better quality. I have looked at the books on Photobox and feel a little unsure.

Blurb, looks great but unsure of costs to remove there logo and its a pity they are so far away although the post cost are good considering the distance.

Myphotobook, I'm considering this one, i like the idea of putting it all together with the software which would give me more time .( i think). the only issue i have is knowing what ideal size kb or gb to send online, or would this be with in the software?

Also for example for a full page image, if ones orders a 60 page book does this mean you have 120 images ?.

Any where else i should consider ?.

Thanks

Thanks James, Interesting and nice to see some uk ones in there, plenty to check out...

Amateur Photographer magazine reviewed about 7-8 photobook companies which I've scanned, not sure the legality of me posting the image here but I'll post the companies when I get home (y)

** just realised I have my laptop in my bag!

www.pixum.co.uk (4/5)
www.photobox.co.uk (3/5)
www.snapfish.co.uk (4/5)
www.bonusprint.co.uk (2/5)
www.myphotobook.co.uk (5/5)
www.cewe-photobook.co.uk (4/5)
www.kodakgallery.co.uk (4/5)
www.bobbooks.co.uk (3/5)
www.ilford.com (4/5)
www.hahnemuhle.com (5/5)

Hi all, just a quick note about blurb

They actually print and ship from Europe, not the states so turn around is nice and quick.

They are fantastic quality too, as I'm sure others on here can vouch for.

What are the Apple photo books like you get when using iphoto? Just watched the tutorial on the Apple website and seems really easy to put one together,but not much good if the quality is not there.

The Cewe photobooks with photo quality paper option are very good for the money - nice thick proper photographic pages - and some reasonable software to help you build it - plenty of mask options... Worth a look.

Have a read of AP mag. pdf downloadable so its 100% readable.

My experience was the kodakgallery one. used this as comparison.

Sorry if this isn't aloud or breaches the rules. any smaller is was vertually unreadable.

photosmall1.jpg

photosmall2.jpg

photosmall3.jpg

photosmall4.jpg

PDF here.
photobook-reviews.pdf

thanks very much, very helpful david + james

what's people's opinions on loxley albums? doing a wedding next month for friends

I've used Photobox & trueprint in the past - both disappointing...recently the wife used CEWE (photo paper option) & it's far better than anything else I've seen - she included several of my landscape shots & they look excellent, nicelt saturated, good contrast - gets my recommendation

Simon

We used myphotobook.co.uk following our family holiday to Paris (saw a good review in a couple of magazines) and were delighted with the results.

The print quality was great, paper was very high quality and the book was very well put together

Will definitely use them again

Digital Photo magazine published a photobook review in its October issue. I can't get hold of the copy unfortunately. Anyone can post the scanned article?

Just ordered my book through blurb last night so as soon as it arrives I will post my findings!!
Originally thought the blurb software (booksmart) was a bit slow and clunky,but once I found out I could drag photos straight out of iphoto (or any where else) into my book it was much easier than using the softwares built in picture viewer.

I ordered my first Blurb photobook on Monday night. I've gone for a 13"x11" Landscape with hardback and dustcover and the premium paper so I'll come back on here and provide a review once it's been delivered.

I had a 20% off code but I had to pay in US Dollars for it to apply but it should still work out as a good saving.

I got one from Albelli - and was impressed by it - better than the offerings from Photobox.

Just got an e-mail from ALDI offering 25% off.....

I've used Myphotobook. Excellent. Hardback version. Excellent quality, software easy to use, decent delivery time.

I'm a BIG fan of Apple books, I was a bit sceptical when ordering but was amazed at the quality when it came through.

oh this thread is perfect timing for a wedding photobook that I'm planning to make in Dec.

not yet decided whether to go for a leather cover or printer hard cover but once I decide that it'll be between Blurb or Fotobook.co.uk as Blurb don't have leather cover as an option.

these books always seem to impress - but has anyone received from different sources to compare & contrast?

I ordered two photobooks from Blurb on the 11th Nov and had an email today that it is being shipped. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the quality.

I've been meaning to make a photobook for years and downloaded the software from Blurb and Myphotobook earlier in the year after reading some magazine reviews, and I have to say that I just couldn't work with the Myphotobook software.

I found the Blurb software (Booksmart) had a slight irritating aspect though. It let you fill the page with a pic, but then said that you had to leave space for where the page would be trimmed, but then didn't give an easy way to let the pic slightly overlap the trim area. Why not just let you fill the space up to the trim line? :bonk: :shrug:

It will be interesting to see if I got it right. :LOL:

Had my book back from blurb on Friday.
Overall i'm very impressed with the quality,but have no other photobooks to compare it to.The pictures look great and the layout was just as I wanted and I didn't loose anything in the bleed/trimming process.
I payed the extra £5 for the premium paper,it is ok,but thought it may have been thicker.
The book is nicely bound together and looks very professional,another small comment thou is the front cover of the book/dust jacket is also quite thin and I can see it getting easily damaged over time and spoiling what is essentially a great product.

I've had a few from Cewe. All have been superb. Paper quality was excellent. I would say they took about 4 days to arrive after ordering.
The true test is always what the recipient thinks of the book. They all loved them.

Kev.

What are the Apple photo books like you get when using iphoto? Just watched the tutorial on the Apple website and seems really easy to put one together,but not much good if the quality is not there.

I was really impressed with the quality of the Apple books. They come with a cardboard slip cover and are properly bound - I added a thread with some photos a few months back on TP.

If you want something unbranded, look elsewhere. There is an Apple on both the cover and the backpage - the latter can easily be removed.

I have had books from most of the list and, imho, Apple was the easiest and best quality.

Some will remember I had some issues with Blurb.

Chris

(If anyone wants to look at a range of books, more than welcome)

Back