Photomaker's 52 - week 6, present (p2)

A tweak of straighten as has been said. I like it, but agree a few more light trails in the shot would have helped. Well done on an interesting view.

Here is my attempt at speed. Problems encountered:

1. My tripod does not support the weight of my flash so I had to steady it by hand. As a result many of the photos had blurry keys as well as hands.
2. Batteries died in my flash gun meaning I didn't get as many photos as i wanted.
3. I have a stinking hangover.

4337140521_7437cca7de.jpg

Converted to B&W:

4355499099_98b98c1a40.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a challenging week for you. I hate it when you get weeks when the technology just won't cooperate.

Good take on the theme though and good amount of motion blur. There's something a bit lacking for me though, and I can't quite put my finger on it . . . I wonder how this would work in a contrasty B&W?

These were a birthday present I received last year. My pretty pretty shoes.

I wasn't really in the mood today and spent a while sighing and stacking tables trying to create a white foreground and background to make it easier to edit later. I gave up completely disheartened and not liking what I saw on the camera screen.

Turns out the photos weren't as bad as I thought. :)

4355915017_45f783d784.jpg

A bright and colourful week 6. How do you girls ever walk in those things? Niggly points would be a lack of space at the top and the cut off at the bottom. But other than that I'm really liking this (y)

I like it, nice and bright and crisp

I like that too - great colours and a good composition, I think the white background works well too :)

Ooooohhh Shoes!!!! . . . pretty, pretty shoes!!!! . . . :love: :love: :love:

Sorry - getting slightly distracted there, but I suppose I'd better get on to the shot.

White background looks like it's come out perfectly to me.
Brilliant colours and I love the use of the pink tissue spilling out of the bag. I agree with extending the canvas out to the left a bit - just to get the shoes lined up on a third, but it really is a good, fun and cheerful shot . . .

and did I mention the pretty, pretty shoes?

Great colours, arrangement and detail. A little more room as the others have suggested and it would be perfect.

The straightened week 4 is much better. I think the mono speed also works better, although there's still something... (I know that's of no help what so ever, but I can't work it out... sorry).. Present, bright and vivid colours, the background has worked well, and it's a really good shot.

Woah! That's a great shot for present! Cropped a little tight at the top, but stunning colours. Look forward to you catching up and showing us what else you can do! :)

Popular take on speed ;) I prefer the B&W one.

Very good shot for present, great colours. I agree the crop is a little tight at the top.

(y)

Hi, :)

Love your Poetry shot....cool colours and love the poem too. I like how you have done your Present on too......fab bright colours, I agree with others that have mentioned the crop but a really nice composition of the subject.

Sonia

Back