Pigeon feeding in city centres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not strictly true. The law actually says it is an offence to be In possession of a loaded shot gun in a public place without lawful authority or reasonable excuse.

Yes that's another offence, but not as severe as discharging it in a public place.

Surely the organiser, assuming it to be true, would have that all sorted?

There is a law saying that it is unlawful to discharge a firearm within 50 yds/ft (not sure of the exact dimension) of a footpath or public highway. I used to shoot in a disused quarry and we had to make sure we shot at a certain distance from the road and away from it.

There is a law saying that it is unlawful to discharge a firearm within 50 yds/ft (not sure of the exact dimension) of a footpath or public highway. I used to shoot in a disused quarry and we had to make sure we shot at a certain distance from the road and away from it.

The law does say that but it's quantified with without lawful authority or reasonable excuse.

Perhaps Glasgow council should allow discharges of guns to scare the birds away or release a few birds of prey to hunt the pigeons
Mostly it's passive discouragement, nets, ant perching spikes etc.

It's hard to get out to feed the pigeons when you've been beaten to death with a DSLR and your lifeless body has been slung unceremoniously behind the bus depot.

I may have to speak to these awful people also to explain why what they are doing is wrong.
Out of curiosity, what leads you to the conclusion that these people are "awful"? I mean, surely you know little or nothing about them other than that they feed pigeons. Do you think it's fair to label someone as an "awful" person on the basis that they have committed one act which you consider to be antisocial?

Out of curiosity, what leads you to the conclusion that these people are "awful"? I mean, surely you know little or nothing about them other than that they feed pigeons. Do you think it's fair to label someone as an "awful" person on the basis that they have committed one act which you consider to be antisocial?

That was a naive question Stewart...the answer was a given.

Yes. I'd already suggested using the Australian method. Keep introducing bigger predators to displace the the previous ones. But the problem comes when you run out of elephants!

see bitchin on here works;);)

Reactions: ST4
It's like an episode of "That's Life" where:
TP mod: "We rang Glasgow Council and sang this song... "
Council singing: "We're sorry to hear about your bird lady. Mr. ST four.
We didn't want to move her as she's so poor.
But her birds shat on our inspector, and that meant war!
So we bundled her away to a foreign shore.
You won't have problems with her no more."

And finally Esther...

Last edited:
I hope she comes back and feed the pigeons, complains about noise pollution if you blow a whistle or use an air horn and tells you to F off if you talk to her.

I hope she comes back and feed the pigeons, complains about noise pollution if you blow a whistle or use an air horn and tells you to F off if you talk to her.

How very eloquent and dignified of you. I somehow doubt her return. Please note pigeons are dirty and are vermin. It's the equivalent of feeding rats.

I bet feeding rats is what the mad pigeon lady has had to turn to now that they've taken her birds away.
"Fly my pretties!"

Back on topic. My prayers have been answered, no pigeon feeder, no nuisance birds. Excellent.

Didn't put you down as the religious type!

I wonder if the poor old lady, having had her only pleasure in life taken away from her by pompous council jobsworths is swinging slowly on the end of a rope in a dark, cold council flat somewhere now?
<dabs eyes with handkerchief>

or sitting down to another unsuspecting pigeon from the freezer :D

or sitting down to another unsuspecting pigeon from the freezer :D

Or following a certain person to discover where he lives
.... ritual slaughter, feeding pigeons by front door daily.... revenge possibilty... imagination has potential

Or following a certain person to discover where he lives
.... ritual slaughter, feeding pigeons by front door daily.... revenge possibilty... imagination has potential

Oh ... ST4Quarters! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back