Pixopolitan - Anyone ever had an email from them?

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Had this email on Flickr today from Pixopolitan, did a search but couldn't find anything on here.
What do you think? Seems a bit fishy.

Hello Jake,

My name is Louise, I manage the relationship with Pixopolitan's photographers, the first website specialized in the sale of photographic art of major world cities !
I am contacting you because I came accross your great pictures on Flickr!

Here are some of your pictures which particularly caught my attention: I thought they were beautiful!
- www.flickr.com/photos/jaketurner92/8373087410/in/set-72157632567957197
- www.flickr.com/photos/jaketurner92/8434068042/in/set-72157632526525483
- www.flickr.com/photos/jaketurner92/8589383593/in/set-72157632526525483

They perfectly reflect the kind of pics we are looking for at Pixopolitan and I would be glad to have you as part of our community of photographers.
Amateur or professional photographer, there are many advantages to being part of the community :

• You benefit from Pixopolitan exposure and showcase your talent to an audience keen on urban photographs.
• You can take part in call to actions in your city (Check out the way it works : HERE). www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBVTqDDupqo&feature=player_embedded
• You get a commission each time one of your photographs is sold.
Terms & Conditions: www.pixopolitan.com/en/content/4-conditions-generales-d-utilisation-photographe
_______

If you are interested in this opportunity and you are willing to subscribe, it is quick and simple :
• You fill out the form here : www.pixopolitan.com/en/devenir-photographe
• You can upload up to 10 of your best shots.
• A panel evaluates them takes and gives you an answer a few days later.
If at least one of your photos is kept, you will be part of the community and will be able to keep on uploading pics every 2 weeks.
I hope that you feel like joining us ! Please check out our facebook page to get to know us better :https://www.facebook.com/pixopolitan
And feel free to contact me for any further information, it would be a pleasure to answer your questions !
I look forward to having you on board soon :)

Louise Corbin
louise.corbin@pixopolitan.com

from the website they are clearly french, but beyond that no idea

Got one as well, the website doesn't seem to get much traffic so I just ignored it.

Is 5-10% of the pre tax price a normal commission for stock photography?

Seems low to me...

Here are some stats I found. http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/pixopolitan.com

They also asked me to join. I was thinking 5-10% was low too. A connection on Flickr joined. He said that it took them a month to assess his photos. He has 1 for sale and says in 2 months, 47 views but no sales. He lives in France and it seems this is where the site is originated.

Back