Please ask Sawman ...

Edit My Images
Yes
... to return to the forum. I am sure one of the staff has sufficient charm to bring him back on board. I think Sawman is a kind hearted person who holds and delivers his opinions sincerely. He brings us images of the countryside supported by his having lived his life there: subjects we would never see or appreciate without his insight. I took these images of some trees today in the hope that he will return, see them and tell me how he would have made the images better.

3117793581_e4b4598cb3_o.jpg

3118621800_14afbdbe29_o.jpg

3117793901_81f40a8a90_o.jpg

3117793407_7599b6c86f_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Fancy catching that dog cocking its leg!! :D

Hopefully he would have suggested not over exposing all the skies, keeping your horizons straight and selecting a smaller aperture to keep everything in focus?

Last edited:
Have I missed something, has someone upset him, I have had personal experience of how kind and generous he is, I hope no one has upset Charlie.

I think there were a few artistic differences going on

Well if trees will help you can use these. I want him to come back as well, I like his images and I like his comments and he will be missed if he doesn't return.

Sunlit-trees.jpg

Bright-trees.jpg

Andy

Not quite as far off as number 2!

Don't do anything for me, just look like random tree shots to me Russ :shrug: Sorry!

they are random tree shots...................taken with a specific purpose in mind! (y)

they are random tree shots...................taken with a specific purpose in mind! (y)

Not really sure why anyone would want to come back to the internetz just to see those.....

Now Andysnap's are a completely different kettle of fish, beautifully exposed great colours.

Wish we could get this forum back on topic, it's about photo's not ego's so on with the sharing and comenting I say.

can we stick to the photos please, sawman made his decision and it is up to him if he comes back. It isnt the first time a member has left and it wont be the last but I hope that he comes back too.

ukuthula umngane wami.........(y)

Number 3, verticals are off...

Thanks EG, I have reposted the image and tried to fix it.

Hopefully he would have suggested not over exposing all the skies, keeping your horizons straight and selecting a smaller aperture to keep everything in focus?

Thanks, I have tried to pay attention to your sage words in the reposted images.

Well if trees will help you can use these. I want him to come back as well, I like his images and I like his comments and he will be missed if he doesn't return.

Andy

Thanks Andy, that's a jolly good idea. I'd welcome anyone else who wants to kidnap this thread in order to post an image of a tree to encourage Charlie to return. Here's two more from me

3117793113_d1dc860c38_o.jpg

3118621010_205984169f_o.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Not really sure why anyone would want to come back to the internetz just to see those.....

Now Andysnap's are a completely different kettle of fish, beautifully exposed great colours.

Wish we could get this forum back on topic, it's about photo's not ego's so on with the sharing and comenting I say.

I started this thread with the idea that the message is more important than the photos on it. Sadly, this seems to have passed you by. In the world of nit picking criticism: internet does not have a z at its end as you write; the correct usage for ellipsis is ... and not .... as you chose to use; photos is the plural of photo and not photo's as you think; egos is the plural of ego and ego's as you write; and commenting has two ms not one as you write. I do hope this helps.

A very worthwhile quest Russ.

Ealrymorning.jpg

Come back Sawman!

Well, I actually did read this thread when it was first posted, it is a shame it later degenerated the way it did.
I always enjoyed Charlies' excellent and in some ways unique wildlife images from his hide, especially those where he was hand feeding the squirrels.

As far as I am concerned he will be a miss if he does not return.

can we stick to the photos please, sawman made his decision and it is up to him if he comes back. It isnt the first time a member has left and it wont be the last but I hope that he comes back too.

Thanks everyone, let's hope we get Charlie back soon.

I started this thread with the idea that the message is more important than the photos on it. Sadly, this seems to have passed you by. In the world of nit picking criticism: internet does not have a z at its end as you write; the correct usage for ellipsis is ... and not .... as you chose to use; photos is the plural of photo and not photo's as you think; egos is the plural of ego and ego's as you write; and commenting has two ms not one as you write. I do hope this helps.

Thankyou for your feedback, I was educated in Wales and I'm trying to improve my grammar but it is a challenge I have yet to master.

Chainsaw art. At some local woodland, these figures are not complete yet, the guy doing them is doing a little more to them each day to complete for Christmas. I thought of Sawman when I first saw them.
wood001.JPG

I think some people need to grow up a little, personally.

If you had been, assuming you have not, been on the receiving end of Charlies tremendous kindness and hospitality, then you would know why some of us are disappointed that Charlie has seen fit to leave this forum.

Admin, owners and mods can say that it is his choice, they are correct, but it does not mean that some of have to like it, nor the reasons why.

Personally, if you have no knowledge of the man nor of his work, I think you are misplaced to tell those of us who have that we need to grow up.

:)

If you had been, assuming you have not, been on the receiving end of Charlies tremendous kindness and hospitality, then you would know why some of us are disappointed that Charlie has seen fit to leave this forum.

Admin, owners and mods can say that it is his choice, they are correct, but it does not mean that some of have to like it, nor the reasons why.

Personally, if you have no knowledge of the man nor of his work, I think you are misplaced to tell those of us who have that we need to grow up.

:plus1: AND :agree: TOO.

Tara

I congratulate you for your response, but I am afraid to say the stick you have hold of is being held at the wrong end! :LOL:

For a good cause:

IMG_2538.jpg

come back sawman...

IMG_4288.jpg

Great idea, Russel (y)

Hopefully some one that is in touch with Charlie would let him know that there are a goodly number of people who would very much like him back.

Canon4996-1.jpg

Charlie's absence is simply down to the fact that his humility is larger than his ego. Maybe we can learn more from his departure than would be the case if he was still here.

Bob

Charlie's absence is simply down to the fact that his humility is larger than his ego.

It is simply down to the fact that he felt that a certain member can get away with making rude and nasty comments and never get banned and if others made the same comments they would be. That is the reason, and he didnt want to argue any more.

Im sure if he comes back on and sees these glorious trees it will make him very happy, he really loves them. (y)

Back