weekly Plumtreelad's 52 for 2015 - Week 7 Bold

Well, I have tried and tried to get this right for Bliss but have not been able to nail it. I needed the fire to be bright and the two people to be almost darkened out but could not quite manage it. Anyway it is a post for week 1 and it is almost a true Bliss scene! Always lovely to be in front of a real fire with the one you love on a cold evening
View attachment 27984

Great concept and you've captured the theme well, I think the fire is well exposed but the figures a little dark for me. Overall a nice image though.

Great concept and you've captured the theme well, I think the fire is well exposed but the figures a little dark for me. Overall a nice image though.
Thanks John. Yes, the image has come out even darker on my lap top monitor. I might have another go at it. Thnaks for looking and thanks for the comments - much appreciated

I'd echo what John said.

I'm not sure that the fire required to be too bright and the people zoo dark. I think a cosier homely scene with the fire roaring and a side land maybe with christmas defies still up on the mantlepiece would be more blissfull! At the moment I fine if just all too dark and the fire too bright.

I'd echo what John said.

I'm not sure that the fire required to be too bright and the people zoo dark. I think a cosier homely scene with the fire roaring and a side land maybe with christmas defies still up on the mantlepiece would be more blissfull! At the moment I fine if just all too dark and the fire too bright.
Yes, I have to agree with yu and John - good concept but lousy execution! Still I did learn from it. Thanks for the comments

One of the best so far for me. The lighting is bag on IMO and the expressions on your faces and holding hands is a wonderful interpretation (y)

Cheers.

Bliss - good idea for the theme, I like the lighting my crit would be I think the image would be better if the people hadn't of been clipped. But it certainly is nice to be by a real fir on a cold night.

One of the best so far for me. The lighting is bag on IMO and the expressions on your faces and holding hands is a wonderful interpretation (y)

Cheers.
Wow, thanks Andy. Here am I beating myself up and you like it. Shows that we all see things differently.

Bliss - good idea for the theme, I like the lighting my crit would be I think the image would be better if the people hadn't of been clipped. But it certainly is nice to be by a real fir on a cold night.
Yes, you are correct that I did crop quite a bit. I had not thought that it would damage the effect but I can see where you are coming from. Thanks.

Lovely fire, you've captured the flames well. I've tried many a time to take a decent pic of ours unsuccessfully. So well done . Slight zoom out and a tad more light to the couple and it's there.

Really nice interpretation of the theme - looks very blissful! I like the fire glow - makes me feel warm just looking at it.

Lovely fire, you've captured the flames well. I've tried many a time to take a decent pic of ours unsuccessfully. So well done . Slight zoom out and a tad more light to the couple and it's there.
Thanks Mandy. Yes, I think that I did get the fire right but in doing so, I probably took my eye off the ball and missed the underexposed couple. I might have another go tomorrow to re edit.

The lighting on the back and side of the subjects heads makes me think that while the fire is cosy, someone left the kitchen light on. Would have preferred the light to come exclusively from the fire so as to light their faces. Nice warm shot though.

The lighting on the back and side of the subjects heads makes me think that while the fire is cosy, someone left the kitchen light on. Would have preferred the light to come exclusively from the fire so as to light their faces. Nice warm shot though.
It was actually a single speed light at 1/64 output through an umbrella just to put some light into the frame. But I do take your point. Thanks for commenting

I like your take on the theme and I personally like the picture

Thats bang on the theme for me, and my eyes are taken straight to the fire.
I also like the low key effect it give a real impression of a cosy night in.

Super idea and shot I like maybe even a balck and white with selective colour would work.

I like it too David - very smart take on the theme. I like the exposure and lighting, personally and the detail in the logs inside the fire is well captured...

Part of me wonders if it needs a tiny tweak rotationally (CW) but I'm happy to be shouted down on that one. Good work!

Pattern - Super shot. I actually like the challenging angle - challenging because it breaks the normal straight on rules we usual see. Well done for doing that. It definitely shows the pattern on the cap off. Just one niggle is there's a slight issue with the outline of the cap at the top. Stem/focus wise? Again tradition says it would be in focus but given the theme is accentuates the pattern. Nice one.

Lovely interpretation of the theme, David and it is well exposed. The fire is great and the image oozes warmth.

Hi
Bliss, lovely idea looks a little to staged, the lighting looks fine to me
Fragile, certainly looks it, looks like its in a bad place to get a decent pic, works for the theme

Good take on the theme. Agree with Andy re being tight in frame. Lookd as though someone has patched it up in many ways.

I like the 70s feel to this one. On theme, if a little tight in the frame.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. I might have cropped a bit too tight. I see your point

Good take on the theme. Agree with Andy re being tight in frame. Lookd as though someone has patched it up in many ways.

Thanks Mandy. Do you mean the image looks as if it has been patched up or do you mean the greenhouse??

I think the greenhouse is beyond fragile, it may be due for demolition but they'll have to be quick before it falls down of it's own accord. Good fit for the theme.

Hi David :)

week 1 bliss - I think overall it's too dark and I *think* a flash to light the foreground would have worked. Also I would have composed it slightly differently perhaps with cuddles rather than hand holding, perhaps with the camera more at an angle to the couple.
week 2 fragile - like others have said the crop is a bit close but the subject is spot on :)

Hi David :)

week 1 bliss - I think overall it's too dark and I *think* a flash to light the foreground would have worked. Also I would have composed it slightly differently perhaps with cuddles rather than hand holding, perhaps with the camera more at an angle to the couple.
week 2 fragile - like others have said the crop is a bit close but the subject is spot on :)
Thanks for the comments Summer - much appreciated

Thanks Mandy. Do you mean the image looks as if it has been patched up or do you mean the greenhouse??[/QUOTE]

Greenhouse David

Hiya, David. That's certainly on theme! Looks like my eldest has been over at yours playing with his rugby ball... sorry :)

There's obviously a bit of background stuff around the greenhouse, so you've chosen the vignette well (I'm not usually a fan, but it's entirely appropriate here). I might have been tempted to try a shallower depth of field to separate the background a bit more... even if not all of the greenhouse is perfectly in focus. Angle, composition and crop work well for me. In fact, an even closer (albeit only slightly) crop might work?

Fragile is certainly on theme.

Shame about the cropping of the very top of the apex.

Nice image David and I like the way the boat is emerging from the right, too :)

Back