Pocket Sized Wedding Pose book

I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it appears to be just what it promised. It is intended to be "read" and not simply used as a reference to look at and copy standard poses. As well as lots of pictures there are plenty of words too. I think the idea is to stimulate the thought processes that lead one to construct interesting poses and arrangements. Therefore it will take time to go through it from beginning to end and digest everything that is contained therein. Unfortuately, I have an extremely short attention span when it comes to reading books, so I won't be best placed to offer a review any time soon.

All I was really doing was confirming that the book does exist and people should not fear that their £10/£12.50 has disappeared into thin air.

Thanks anyway, I shall look forward to mine popping through the door sometime this week then!

(y)

Edit, mines just turned up as well. Looks like its been very well put together. Will have a read later and let you know what I think.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone

Gosh - please don't think that your money had disappeared into thin air! The book has been a intense and very time consuming process with lots of work and thought going into it. I took the decision that it was better that the book for 2 weeks late and really good than not as I had visulised.

I am really pleased that you are starting to receive your copies - I have had lots of emails coming through this morning from people saying how pleased they are with it.

A lot are also commenting that there is a lot of words. There are, as we can all see amazing images on websites but don't always create them ourselves. We need to understand those images and what makes them special. The only way to do this is by writing about them so we can see the subtle things that can transform an image. It is also a very much a thought process taking a great image with attention needing to be paid to light, composition, background, finesse, the pose and of course emotion. There is also a galley of some 400 images with descriptions.

My aim with the book was to create a pocket guide filled to the brim with info, hints and tips and for a great price. I wanted everyone who purchased it (and read it!) to feel that the £10+P&P was a great investment and they learnt far more than was needed to sell just one extra reprint to pay for the book.

I really hope that you all make many £000's more through extra bookings, reprints and album page sales through the knowledge you have learnt from the book.

RE AMAZON - This is a funny one. As soon as I got the ISBN number for the book Amazon picked it up and put the book on their website with no contact with me at all. I have never said that I would supply them but of course I will! As such they had no information to go on. The good news is that Amazon's wholesaler who they purchase from received the books on Friday so they should be with you very soon. So just to repeat - Amazon has to order the book from me and then I send it to them so delivery will take longer. You WILL receive your books ordered from Amazon but it will take a little longer. It actually got to 851 on their sales rank BTW which was really pleasing!

Last edited:
A lot are also commenting that there is a lot of words. There are, as we can all see amazing images on websites but don't always create them ourselves. We need to understand those images and what makes them special. The only way to do this is by writing about them so we can see the subtle things that can transform an image. It is also a very much a thought process taking a great image with attention needing to be paid to light, composition, background, finesse, the pose and of course emotion. There is also a galley of some 400 images with descriptions.

Sorry, I didn't mean it in a negative way !

Hi Ali

Not taken in a negative manner at all :) A number of people have commented that there is more text than they imagined so thought that I would explain.

I really hope that you enjoy it!

David

Having just read the first couple of chapters, I can see that a lot of thought and effort has gone into this book, I've already managed to pick up a few hints, and thats before I've finished reading the whole book.

Will let you know once I've finished reading it though.

(y)

Got mine today:)

will have a look later.

Received mine today, only managed to have a quick flick through but already I can see that it's been money well spent. Excellent!

Got mine as well, and had a scan through. Page 33 caught my eye and read Posing Couples of different heights. In the example shots, can't see the groom though, he must be so short and posed behind the bride, or did the groom take the picture?

Last edited:
Ordered one from the website yesterday looking forward to having a read.

I've had a quick look through mine now. It's full of some very useful info and interesting poses. I just need to read it in detail several times so it all goes in and stays there.

A question to David though, do you know when Kerry Morgan's Guide to Photojournalism is going to be sent out? I ordered a copy at Focus but I seem to remember her saying it won't be ready til July.

received mine today, forgot to put it in me bag to bring to work so will have to wait until me kip tomorrow now!! looked pretty good though on a very quick glance :)

Got mine today - will read when I wait for me my (probably cancelled) flight on Thursday ...

Had a quick nosy, looks good.

Thanks!

Strobe Monkey - well spotted sir! Somehow that got missed out unfortunately. It is inevitable that some errors are found however we and the editors read through it. My apologies.

Rob - Kerrys book is out in July hopefully. This was stated on the leaflets from memory and the panels behind us. I am looking forward to reading it as well - it is going to be superb!

I have to say that I am quite humbled by everyones emails and comments about the book. We have had countless emails saying how much people love it and what value it is, which is exactly what we hoped for. It was a huge project, a crazy amount of time and a huge investment to put it all together. I just have to hope that lots of people buy it now!

David - you emailed me directly some time ago about your book and I ordered it through Amazon. It hasn't appeared yet though :( Any ideas when Amazon will have it??

Hi Ryan

Amazons suppliers (they buy through a wholesaler) would have received the book on Friday. It is totally out of my hand and I have no way of knowing when you will receive it I am afraid. Amazon are really good though so I hope you will get it very soon.

Thanks

I'm feeling hard done by - I haven't received mine yet! :crying:

I shouldn't be surprised. I'm always the one who gets ignored when waiting to be served anywhere.

Strobe Monkey - well spotted sir! Somehow that got missed out unfortunately. It is inevitable that some errors are found however we and the editors read through it. My apologies.

!

No problem with that!

Just started reading the first few pages and its very inspiring! Well worth the money and wait!
Thank you

Did someone post between wineman02
and strobemonky?:)

I had mine yesterday aswell.....

It came in a padded envelope, yet the cover is scratched to hell :crying: Like it's been slide across a concrete floor.....
But it looks to be a good quality book.....and I see from above the 2nd book will follow in time...

Any chance I could exchange mine for a non scratched one ?

I've not broken the spine or bent any pages nor had chance to read any of it yet lol - life is getting in the way :LOL:

Many thanks

Phil

Charlie - I am sorry you have not received yours yet? When did you order yours? All orders were sent out last Thursday and then every order that has come in since then has been sent out the same day. I can't check when yours was sent as I don't have your name.

Legacy - I am really sorry that you received your copy all scratched. It sounds like it must have fallen out of the box in the mailing house. If you would like to send it back I would be happy to send you another copy.

Mine arrived yesterday. (y)

Only had chance to read a couple of pages last night though.

Charlie - I am sorry you have not received yours yet? When did you order yours? All orders were sent out last Thursday and then every order that has come in since then has been sent out the same day. I can't check when yours was sent as I don't have your name.

David, ordered 19th Feb and I have PM'd you my details.

Probably just me being impatient and RM being slow :)

Another one here who has still not recieved. As above, I'm probably being impatient as I did get a mail saying it had been posted....

Charlie - Thanks for the PM. I can confirm that your book was sent on Thursday last week along with everyone elses.

Does anyone know what the Royal Mails "Lost Parcel" percentage is?

I have proof of posting for every address so please do not think that it is me who has not sent them. I can assure you that it is the RM that is at fault.

Wiseman -I hope yours comes soon as well.

Legacy - I am really sorry that you received your copy all scratched. It sounds like it must have fallen out of the box in the mailing house. If you would like to send it back I would be happy to send you another copy.

David, thats kind of you......

Could you advise me of a return address as there didn't seem to be any documentation with the book.

Many thanks

Phil

Does anyone know what the Royal Mails "Lost Parcel" percentage is?
"Royal Mail’s statistics show that about 21 billion letters are sent each year and 99.92% of all mail is delivered safely."

How many books did you post, then we can calculate how many of us might not get our book :LOL:

Back