• Other

Votes: 7 1.9%

• Total voters
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
:wave:Which Format do you shoot in?

I'm curious to know what most people use on here, i've just switched to RAW in the last month or two(y)

I use JPEG for motorsport/events though - as going through 2000 Raw's wouldn't be very fun.... :LOL: ..... and the buffer fills up too quick!

Last edited:
I shoot JPEG when i'm shooting loads of shots ( For example motorsport/sport events). I think most people shoot JPEG for motorsport and sports though :)

JPEG at Events (smaller files to transfer), RAW rest of the time.

Steve

RAW + large fine JPEG. If I can use the JPEG I will but the RAW's there if I need to give any meaningful manipulation. Disk space is cheap......

Where's the option for, "Whatever I feel is appropriate at the time"?

Anyway, time to put on the hard hat before the strict dogmatists arrive and this degenerates into yet another, "My way is better than your way", dispute.

Where's the option for, "Whatever I feel is appropriate at the time"?

Anyway, time to put on the hard hat before the strict dogmatists arrive and this degenerates into yet another, "My way is better than your way", dispute.

On TP! surely not..........

definately RAW

the benefits of post production far outweigh the others

35mm in the SLRs, JPG on the compact as I've still got to read the manual and find out what it can do (Olympus XZ-1). :thinking:

RAW & JPEG L

JPEG in the hope all is ok and RAW as its cheaper to buy memory cards than revisit the shot assuming it is even possible to reshoot it.

RAW + jpg fine most of the time hoping not to need to edit the RAW file :)

jpg when I need continuous shooting as the buffer on the D90 fills up too quickly with RAW.

RAW + RAW at weddings (RAW on both cards simultaneously, then if I have a card issue I still have the ultimate quality AND my workflow is unaffected).

Everything else is RAW except Events.... then large Jpeg fine :)

Large, fine JPEG. don't enjoy PP much and find that most of the time, the metering is good enough not to need too much rescuing.

RAW all the time, unless its photos for eBay or similar, then it's JPEG to keep it quick.

Back