Post your best motorsport shot of the 2008 season!

Name
Ryan Patterson
Edit My Images
Yes
As the season draws to a close i feel it is appropriate to start this thread as it encourages you to have a look back over the photos you have taken and see how you have improved and generally review your shots.
I want to put a strict limit on this - ONLY ONE PHOTO PER PERSON!

I am thinking long and hard about mine and will post it here when i decide.

(hope this takes off :shrug:)

Thanks,
Ryan

It has to be this for me.

20080824_4606.jpg

Sharp, spectactular and sparky :D

Also first published picture.

Hope I didnt sound big headed BTW.

Great idea ,Ryan,was going to start the very same thing.
great minds think alike eh? :LOL:

Nice shot Matt and congrats on getting it published

not sure if this is my best in my eyes but here it is

IMG_4526.jpg

pitty its 1 pic per person i have plenty from this day

pitty its 1 pic per person i have plenty from this day

sorry, but i think its the best way as it makes you evaluate your shots and be your own critic, thus developing your eye for a good image.

that makes sense in my head anyway, not sure if it does in anyone elses :LOL:

ps nice shot!

Difficult choice as there are several memorable ones but this is probably the best technically.
IANS5449.JPG

Ive not done much motorsport this year but i think i will go for this shot :D

ummmm difficult one, not a moving shot but I was really impressed with how well this shot came out, and the atmosphere I think it has.

was at britcar 24hour a few weeks ago. (I only started really taking it seriously at the end of this season.)

IMG_1587ppMedium.jpg

One photo only is a challenge.

Well here goes, from the Brands Hatch BSB 2008 Oct 12th, which was in bright sunshine for most of the day

I like this because of the rider's look of concentration, and the evident speed of the motorbike.

best.jpg

Edward

not traditional at all but I'm going to go with this, taken yesterday :)

8W0A9110.jpg

haven't done a lot on the motorsport side of things

1.. don't drink and drive :D

imgp4896.jpg

all looking great so far! Still struggling to pick mine.....

ok heres mine..... although its probably not the best action shot i have taken, i picked it out from the rest because it had a natural looking background which i prefer.

2955431639_446e901a64_o.jpg

:shrug:

OK, after a little thought, it's a tough one but...
this one. A new angle so far as I can tell, since copied by at least one other person...cheeky little sod.
At some point, I'll sit down and clone the fence off the car, it's just it's gonna be a ****ing long job and I can't be bothered just yet.
n545295264_4155842_427.jpg

i was going to wait a bit longer before setting up one of these threads.. we've still got Rally GB and Race of Champions to go before 2008 is over

I know for many the season hasnt come to an end but i just thought that it was worth putting up now for those whose season had. :shrug:

sorry if i stole your idea/plan

Ryan

noble_donno.jpg

Hi just found this forum. Here is one of my best from this year, hope you enjoy!

Probably this one (strangely, not a mega-slow shutter speed effort!), looks Photoshopped or something, but is straight from the camera...

420mm, 1/125 (Nikon D50 + Nikon 300mm f4 + 1.4tc), Castle Combe Circuit
353394430_7Xcff-L.jpg

Hi just found this forum. Here is one of my best from this year, hope you enjoy!

Wow! Thats neat! Welcome to the forum! Glad someone else likes MX :D

Hmmmm, tough choice, I dont rate mine as that good anyway, so it was toss up between the one everyone here liked of the world series renault cars in parc ferme [finally on my flickr if you haven't seen it] and this one at Brands Hatch. Finally went for this one because I love the reflection.

2802249739_774c6b7fea_o.jpg

Cant say i can choose a favorate for the year

Good to see you hereabouts (y)

Not my best technically, but I think it's a good fun photo and shows a fair bit of action going on. A cracking GT2 battle from the Spa 1000km LMS race in May (edited to post a properly processed version now)

2966542291_5d01ae63da_o.jpg

Roll on next season and a decent lens

Last edited:
Probably this one (strangely, not a mega-slow shutter speed effort!), looks Photoshopped or something, but is straight from the camera...

420mm, 1/125 (Nikon D50 + Nikon 300mm f4 + 1.4tc), Castle Combe Circuit

i do love that shot.. love the angle, love the speed, love the colours and i just like the whole 'cleanness' of the shot. I'm going to put my watermark on it and enter some competitions :) :)

Hi, I'm new here and I'm on the wrong computer for most of my photographs but I do like this one, I hope you do too.

100_2363bx.jpg

Just to annoy Gaz I'll say this isn't probably my best but I love it primarily for what it is and what the weekend was for me. Taken in a rare sober moment.

IMG_9303.JPG

Some nice shots on here, I'm going to wait until my season has finished before I decide/post anything though...

Best of mine at the moment,:canon:

3082b3f8-1.jpg

Unfortunately it was shot on the lowest quality setting, but I feel the action itself was decent:

2964038591_21932c5847_o.jpg

From BSB Practice at Knockhill in August.

IMG_1176cropwee8.jpg

Last edited:
Back