Post your best motorsport shot of the 2008 season!

Have been thinking about this for a long time, but really cant think of my best shot for what was for a very poor and disapointing year for me. But i decided on this one, as its a shot/angle i have never seen before at Brands Hatch.

Hosted on Fotki

Was taken on the first attempt at Brands in April before dislocating my shoulder which means it was sharper then just about anything else taken after.

2815680157_f923119789.jpg

BTCC at silverstone

or

3120845354_a591cc3de0.jpg

Only new to the forum... but thought I would put something up anyway. Problem I have however, is that I have way too many images to choose from. Despite that, I have chosen to put up the following... a shot of an Aston Martin DBR4 taken at this year's Goodwood Revival meeting.

Aston_DBR4.jpg

I just love the shape of the car.

Last edited:
:welcome:

That is a cracking picture of a lovely motor!

Thanks Matt... glad you like it. Its probably just me, but I just love the way classic cars look... so much more style than modern race cars!!! :)

Only new to the forum... but thought I would put something up anyway. Problem I have however, is that I have way too many images to choose from. Despite that, I have chosen to put up the following... a shot of an Aston Martin DBR4 taken at this year's Goodwood Revival meeting.

Aston_DBR4.jpg

I just love the shape of the car.

That is a fantastic shot, poster material

Hi there,

Taking some time over Christmas to play catch up. While sorting through my pics from 2008 I thought I would add one of mine to this thread.

This was taken at the 2008 Silverstone Classic event. 'Jaguar' was one of the themes of this years event and during the lunch break there was the chance to see some of the most famous Jaguars out on track.

This shot is perhaps my favourite shot of 2008, not because its anything special technically. Its just a shot taken from the bunker just before 'Bridge' at Silverstone.
What makes it special in my opinion is the fact that there is a Le Mans winning 1988 Jaguar XJR9 being followed by a one off and probably priceless Jaguar XJ13, followed by a rare and valuable C Type being followed by an equally rare D Type.

I think I found heaven that day and it looks like a great place.

Jags281208.jpg

Hope you like it.

Regards

Tim

Some great shots there, I especially like the Aston DBR4 from SuperRoo69 :)

Tough for me but this is my best shot of '08, taken at Le Mans, my first motorsport event :)

2593363361_606842c6cc.jpg

Also, this isn't strictly motorsport but I was pretty happy with this one:

2728881913_3143407d96.jpg

A lot of great shots in this thread! (y)

My favourites are from the Autosport 1000km of Silverstone. I had a great day and was really pleased with some of my shots too.

I'm a big Aston Martin fan so this is definately one of my favourites:

2969187015_c05fab675b.jpg

And I caught these two prototypes dragging down the straight towards Maggots:

2929574217_43d83405b1.jpg

not sure if this is my best in my eyes but here it is

IMG_4526.jpg

pitty its 1 pic per person i have plenty from this day

may sound a stupid question but how did you take this pic. i wanna do the same sort of thing at a drifting event soon but unsure how to keep the car in focus and the back ground blurred... im a newb sorry

may sound a stupid question but how did you take this pic. i wanna do the same sort of thing at a drifting event soon but unsure how to keep the car in focus and the back ground blurred... im a newb sorry

It's not as hard as you might think.
Set the camera shutter speed to 1/320 and just move the camera with the car as you take the photo. As you get better you can try slower shutter speeds to get more background blur

A lot of great shots in this thread! (y)

My favourites are from the Autosport 1000km of Silverstone. I had a great day and was really pleased with some of my shots too.

I'm a big Aston Martin fan so this is definately one of my favourites:

2969187015_c05fab675b.jpg

And I caught these two prototypes dragging down the straight towards Maggots:

2929574217_43d83405b1.jpg
Cracking shots ,but do look too saturated to me.
Pons

I normally do cars, not bikes, so was quite pleased with this:

comments welcome.

superbike.jpg

Last edited:
Back