Post your moon shots here!

Heres a pic ive posted before, of the eclipse sequence.
moons.jpg

Dean:)

Here is my very first moon shot - taken a few minutes ago in my garden:

moon9.jpg

Olympus E500 and Sigma 135-400mm @ 400mm - manual mode - 1/160th - F18 - ISO 200
Cropped

these pics are awesome, Heres my attempt its no way near as good as some of yours but let me no what you think.

themoon2.jpg

themoon1.jpg

Last edited:
Some nice moon shots coming through in this thread :clap: Here's one of mine from the Lunar eclipse (incuding CA)

Lunar-eclipse.jpg

Steve

Last edited:
richn did you let the camera decide the exposure ? I find its sometimes better to underexpose a stop or two and then bring it back in PP
straight from the camera just cropped
moonraw.jpg

after some PS a bit of shadow and highlights, contrast, and sharpening (high pass and a little go with unsharp mask)
moon_1990928764.jpg

Last edited:
yeh i did, thats alot better looks alot more detailed. im going to have to get abit better with ps, thanks mate.

Bit cloudy tonight so i 'blew' the moon :LOL:

2008-09-12-Moon021_cr.jpg

2008-09-12-Moon030_cr.jpg

Any tips on moon shot settings?

Some crackers in this thread.

heres one from yesterday 1/200 f8 iso200 400mm, and one from a couple of weeks ago, it's my best attempts so far :)

moon2.jpg

moon.jpg

Last edited:
Surely there's been some nice shots recently, with the full moon yesterday and the snow :shrug:

I took some shots. Twas pretty bright. There much better shots here already. These were handheld at 200mm on a D40.

DSC_1748_moon.jpg

2. Different shot, more sharpening...
DSC_1785moon.jpg

3. shot through the tree
DSC_1764moontree.jpg

Should I shoot at a smaller aperture to get a better image? obv a longer lens would help more here..

Last edited:
Back