Praktica PLC2 mirror jammed

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

New to film still learning so be patience. I bought the above camera a few months back, it was working fine. Ran 5 rolls of film through and then the other day it just stopped working.

The mirror won't come down when I wind the lever on. I can get the mirror to come down manually with my finger but it won't stay down. Is there any one who can help?

Seems something is out of sync....I've had that problem in the past with a different camera and took the bottom plate off and poked around with a large needle, if you are careful and don't force anything it wont hurt to try. But if an expert replies and tells you exactly what to do but it happens again I'd throw the camera away as there is nothing worse than a camera you can't trust.

Last edited:
Don't know how yours works but the OM series will do similar to what you've described if the batteries run flat.

Put a fresh battery in it straight away just incase and that didnt help. I will have a go at opening the bottom plate up and having a look. Is there any particular area I should look?

Thanks for the responses

I will have a go at opening the bottom plate up and having a look. Is there any particular area I should look?

Thanks for the responses

Sorry I'm not an expert, but you will see small levers etc and if you can wind on and fire the shutter you will see how some things work and on your camera there might be a lever that you can see that operates the mirror (I'm assuming old cameras are basically the same). Anyway all it might need is a spot of oil if you can find the right lever...h'mm well you could oil everything sparingly as it is an old camera and has probably never been serviced.

Back