purchased a new d700 on ebay...hasn't turned up...help?

Hi

The seller doesnt remove the listing, Ebay de-register the seller(presumeably because he's ripped someone else off).
If you dont believe me I'll point you to some dodgy sales on ebay, you buy something, I'll get the seller de-registered then see if you can get your money back :)

JOhn

Click

i puchaced a software programme a while ago for pincode reading for cars,

just got around to using it but it will not load into any of my computers

i have tried to contact the seller but he is no longer a registered user, (his stars were bad when i purchased so i thinks hes had the boot)
---------------------
how do i get a exchange or refund as i have no contact details at all....
---------------------
ebay let me open a case so i wonder if i will get refunded that way.....
---------------------
got my refund after a few hours of opening a case

So i've got the d700 grip and flash cards here and ready. I'd commited to buying a d700 and thought i'd bagged this new one for 1550 notes. ........I'm sorely tempted to go and whack the 1850 it'll cost me to get new in the highstreet on the credit card :bang:

Hi Rowan

Sorry to read all your troubles over the d700.

Not sure re warrenty etc, but HDEW are £1625 for a D700 and you can collect (not sure where they are in relation to you though)

http://hdewcameras.rtrk.co.uk/?scid=22824&kw=6152284&pub_cr_id=8291071281

And it might be worth dropping Stuart @ Digital Depot (on here) a message to see what price he can do one for ???

Hope you get it sorted...

Last edited:
Hi there hope you get everything sorted with ebay real quick.
Me personally, I would go buy the D70 now, then A) you will have a back up with your D90 and B0 you where going to get one anyways so why not.

This way you will have what you wanted for the wedding, you will have a new camera and it will do what you want it too.

Good luck with the future buisness too

spike

Hi Rowan

Sorry to read all your troubles over the d700.

Not sure re warrenty etc, but HDEW are £1625 for a D700 and you can collect (not sure where they are in relation to you though)

http://hdewcameras.rtrk.co.uk/?scid=22824&kw=6152284&pub_cr_id=8291071281

And it might be worth dropping Stuart @ Digital Depot (on here) a message to see what price he can do one for ???

Hope you get it sorted...

thanks, that's a good price! I've emailed them to see if they have any stock. It's about an hour or so from where i live so would be ok.

got a phone call from paypal today to see if i'd heard anything from the seller, which i haven't.

I now face the problem of sourcing a brand new d700 before thursday as i've been invited to fly to france to photograph a wedding as a second photographer and i don't want to use my d90 to be honest...will have to stick it on the credit card

Have you considered renting one for a few days instead? If this is a kosher business you would surely be able to offset the rental cost against the money you are being paid? :thinking:

Have you considered renting one for a few days instead? If this is a kosher business you would surely be able to offset the rental cost against the money you are being paid? :thinking:

would consider renting for lenses, but have decided to buy a d700.

Just rang up and reserved the last one in stock at hdew for 1625. Will be picking it up on monday morning!

You wont be sorry, unfortunately I only had my D700 a very short time, superb camera.

would consider renting for lenses, but have decided to buy a d700.

Just rang up and reserved the last one in stock at hdew for 1625. Will be picking it up on monday morning!

Excellent news, bet you can't wait for Monday morning

Excellent news, bet you can't wait for Monday morning

oh yes indeed. This time tomorrow (more or less ;) ) i'll be a d700 owner! First use with it is taking pics with the 24-70 of my friend's shop for his website. Not particularly exciting!

Blooming heck now you've got me wanting a d700. :) thanks lol. Hope you get yours ok tommorow and your paypal thing sorted too, enjoy

My friend has bought a few pairs of vans that haven't arrived and the listing has disappeared from her bought items - we wondered why!

Paypal and ebay are rediculious. Purchased a sigma 150-500 of a welsh chineese man in january, he had it listed as a "perfectly new item" so i bid on it and won.

2 days later the item came to me, put it on my 7d and bang the os was f****d.

So i email the chineese man and no response for 2 weeks until i open a dispute on paypal, then i had an instant response, he told me item was fine and to go to camera shop and they wpuld tell me the samw. I took it to london camera exchange in southampton amd they said it was knackered. So i get back on to him and he says no item was perfect and no money back until i send the item back.

Item sent back, no money back paypal and ebay didnt care as he has put it was shiped and a tracling number on there, the fact the item was faulty sent back to him and i had no money or item was neither here nor there.

So i went to wales on my motorbike, went to his university and found him and called him out of his lecture and asked politly for my money back, which after waiting for his parents to turn up i got. He was only 19 and thought i sent it back for him to keep amd keep the money and claimed he didnt speak good english, but was sat in a lecture perfectly fine!

This was my only bad experiance but take it on board incase you get problems.

Gregg

Paypal and ebay are rediculious. Purchased a sigma 150-500 of a welsh chineese man in january, he had it listed as a "perfectly new item" so i bid on it and won.

2 days later the item came to me, put it on my 7d and bang the os was f****d.

So i email the chineese man and no response for 2 weeks until i open a dispute on paypal, then i had an instant response, he told me item was fine and to go to camera shop and they wpuld tell me the samw. I took it to london camera exchange in southampton amd they said it was knackered. So i get back on to him and he says no item was perfect and no money back until i send the item back.

Item sent back, no money back paypal and ebay didnt care as he has put it was shiped and a tracling number on there, the fact the item was faulty sent back to him and i had no money or item was neither here nor there.

So i went to wales on my motorbike, went to his university and found him and called him out of his lecture and asked politly for my money back, which after waiting for his parents to turn up i got. He was only 19 and thought i sent it back for him to keep amd keep the money and claimed he didnt speak good english, but was sat in a lecture perfectly fine!

This was my only bad experiance but take it on board incase you get problems.

Gregg

Excellent! :)

It's Monday evening. !!!!!!

Did you get one ?

+1.... bet your to busy shooting! :)

thanks guys - yes, now the proud owner of a lovely brand spanking new d700! Had a really arduous time getting it. Managed to nab the last one in stock at HDEW but decided i wanted to go and pick it up in person, which should have been an hour or so commute from north london. Alas, the trains were well and truly buggered today so i spent ages waiting around at victoria only to eventually give up and take a tube / bus combo. And i was hungover!! :(

Any way, very friendly quick service from hdew, and the price was great!

I now feel a lot more 'ready' for the wedding i'm shooting in france this weekend, even though i'm still somewhat bricking it. It's great to know i can get up to 5000 or even 6400 iso if i need to.

Update? have you been or are you going to be refunded, or has the original one turned up and you have two now:D

nothing yet - i'm assuming that when the ten days are up, i'll get my money back. Paypal did phone me a day or so after i elevated the claim, just to check a couple of details. So i guess i'll be getting the money back next week!

Thats balls.

Once the item has been won, its impossible for the seller to remove the listing
and Ebay wont remove it after the sale until the time for a claim is up anyway, only before.

Even if they did (which they wouldnt) Paypal would easilly see where you sent the money and why. Ebay and Paypal are the same thing, so it not like they cant talk to eachother.

They do remove listings after the auction has finished and payment sent - it's just a gamble sometimes whether you get your money back or not (depends if they're spent/withdrawn it).

They do remove listings after the auction has finished and payment sent - it's just a gamble sometimes whether you get your money back or not (depends if they're spent/withdrawn it).

You WILL get your money back, even if they do remove a listing page after the event. The event still happened, and they still have record of it as do you. You might not be able to see the actual page, but all the info is still in your account.

Ive been using ebay for almost 10 years and have never lost a penny, and ive had a fair few dodgy trades happen as both buyer and seller.

Even if the person has removed the money from thier paypal, they have access to that persons back account, so they just remove it from there. (This has happened to me after someone lied about not reciveing an item. Luckilly they were so stupid they signed for the parcel and I could proove it) Should the person have somehow forged a bank account (which is near impossible with all the bumpf you have to go through to link it), paypal will cover the cost and most likely get bayliffs involved to recover the debt.

I dont know why people seem to think ebay/paypal is some big dodgy thing. Yes things go wrong, yes there are scammers on there, but Paypal have always refunded any money Ive lost (a quick tot up in my head puts this at about £1k from stuff Ive bought that never arrived or arrived damaged or not as described).

nothing yet - i'm assuming that when the ten days are up, i'll get my money back. Paypal did phone me a day or so after i elevated the claim, just to check a couple of details. So i guess i'll be getting the money back next week!

You will get your money back,had a couple of bad deals that when thought pay pal,it has taken a bit of time,but so far have got my money :)

Even if the person has removed the money from thier paypal, they have access to that persons back account, so they just remove it from there

Not if the person has cancelled the link between paypal and there bank account.

Not if the person has cancelled the link between paypal and there bank account.

In which case, as I said above, paypal will cover the cost to you and chase up the person using whatever legal methods they can to recover the debt.

YOU will still get your money back.

strange how people keep saying you will get your money back, the whole point in these scams is the length of time for a dispute gives the seller plenty of time to remove all forms of payment and close them down, paypal will then find it in your favor and inform you that they can claim back 0% from the seller.

and thats about it.

i hope that is not the case but you hear about this so often when not checking the history.

strange how people keep saying you will get your money back, the whole point in these scams is the length of time for a dispute gives the seller plenty of time to remove all forms of payment and close them down, paypal will then find it in your favor and inform you that they can claim back 0% from the seller.

and thats about it.

i hope that is not the case but you hear about this so often when not checking the history.

If you file a dispute within the terms of the Paypal agreement (40 odd days I think) you will get your money back regardless of what the seller does. If you leave it until after then, which is how many of these scams work, you will be screwed.

The way these often work is the seller will say that they will get you a refund, and they will drag it out until the timeframe has elapsed and then bugger off.
If you open a dispute and they then say, close it, and Ill refund you, as soon as you close it, you are buggered as you cant open 2 disputes on 1 item and they will have gone off with your money.

Open a dispute as soon as there appears to be a problem within the allotted time frame and you will either get your money back off the seller or off Paypal or get the item. It really is as simple as that.

Hi

In the end I got my money back, took about 10 days from when the "refund" was actioned, but about 17 days all in.
His refund to me didnt clear, so Paypal refunded, then go after him for money.
The scammer is still trying to sell camera and lens on ebay under friends id's, so I just report to ebay and they de-registered the last one.
Current listing looks like they wont stop it as its a different town, but I'm still checking. Luckily he's priced it so high that nobody will buy it.

Thanks

JOhn

Hi

Well not really, if I hadn't put the claim in before it was delisted.....who knows.
He's still listing the camera under other user ids, but eBay aren't interested.

John

Why did you not go to a camera shop ( bricks, mortar,people and some comeback) and the buy it there?

I've used ebay for many years like Flash has and I've never had a problem getting my money back for any bad deals.
Twice I've been involved in transactions where the seller has then been unregistered or the item de-listed, but the money was automatically refunded before I even realised there was a problem as both of the items were delivered to me anyway. Granted they were for small and cheap items, but it was nice to get the item and the money! :D

I've also been involved in a purchase where the item I received was faulty and after sending it back the seller wouldn't refund me. I got a refund from Paypal as there was a problem with the sellers finds clearing or something, but it still got sorted to my satisfaction.

the refund of the 1550 went through today - or at least it's showing on paypal as having done so. How long until it shows up in my account? 3 days?

Hi

Took about 3 days to get back to CC after paypal said refunded. They automatically sent it back to CC

John

Hi

Well not really, if I hadn't put the claim in before it was delisted.....who knows.
He's still listing the camera under other user ids, but eBay aren't interested.

John

I think I'm correct in saying that if the item disappears from ebay (de-listed or whatever) the paypal records are still there and you can claim through paypal instead of ebay.

You can always phone them to explain.

Back