Question for the site owners

Does it only happen when you have a post with multiple images? Or does it happen with single-image posts?

Does it only happen when you have a post with multiple images? Or does it happen with single-image posts?
I’m fairly sure there are always multiple images and it’s definitely only the first one — that’s one of the things that makes it so odd. I think they’ve all been Flickr linked images in the past but that wasn’t true of the Bill Gates one — maybe just that Flickr linking is the commonest way people put images up.

I've no idea why it happens, and it only reported very, very occasionally.
It happens often enough that it took me <30s reproduce the issue as per above.
I am guessing people just don't report it very often

Could be a browser thing with the OS. I looked at all examples above and they worked fine with Safari on my Mac.

I don’t think it’s possible to check it by looking at an occurrence in different browsers and so on. In my case (iPad, Safari) it’s transient and once the image has loaded (by going briefly to Flickr and back) it doesn’t occur again with that image either then or later. I’ve tried going to offending image in Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Firefox Focus, and maybe others but the image always loads then — but of course it has always loaded in Safari by the time I’ve gone to the others so that may be irrelevant.

I repeat, it’s not a major problem for me just a mild annoyance.

It happens often enough that it took me <30s reproduce the issue as per above.
I am guessing people just don't report it very often
Did you try refreshing the page that it happened on?
It seems that has cleared the issue, for many in the past.

Did you try refreshing the page that it happened on?
It seems that has cleared the issue, for many in the past.
refreshing works about 50% of the time. Other 50% I have to just come back to it later :LOL:
Refresh didn't work this time but it loaded 2nd time I landed on the page.

I am pretty sure its something to do with the size of the pictures as you said. Its always ones larger than 1024px wide that fail to load properly.

Refreshing has never worked for me. It’s always the first thing I do.

Refreshing has never worked for me. It’s always the first thing I do.
depends on the browser too btw. Doesn't work on safari at all, seems to work on Chrome sometimes.
tbh I do not have a clear idea on this but just a feeling.... may be I should stop using multiple browsers...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I see things as you see things, but with extra's thrown in :)
.... Extra things such as shiit in the cake's filling but also cream on the cake :D.

I see the partial image loading issue occasionally too but not often and although it would appear to be random I think it happens when more than one image is posted - But I would have to take more notice next time I see it. I think, not 100% certain, I have seen it even when a YouTube video is loading but I need to take more notice from now on.

I only experience the issue here on TP but that doesn't mean that TP is to blame - Just complicated software conflicts I reckon.

Extra things such as shiit in the cake's filling but also cream on the cake :D.
:LOL:

I only experience the issue here on TP but that doesn't mean that TP is to blame - Just complicated software conflicts I reckon.
I'm now wondering if its a part of the low image quality that some people mention from time, to time?
@sirch as T'other Chris mentioned recently.
Something to do with the way Xen collects the files, and then hosts them on TP.
It's all way over my head TBH.

I blame Putin and Russian hackers hmmmmm

I'm now wondering if its a part of the low image quality that some people mention from time, to time?
.... The low image quality subject can be somewhat subjective - Don't forget that the word 'photographer' can also be spelt 'pixelpeeper' :D. Personally I have never experienced the low IQ display occasionally mentioned by others.
@sirch as T'other Chris mentioned recently. Something to do with the way Xen collects the files, and then hosts them on TP.
It's all way over my head TBH.
.... Could well be, or least similar to that in principle [I don't understand the technical gobblygook either].

The difficulty is that because the issue appears to be random it is much more difficult to solve it by a process of elimination. Besides, worse things happen at sea and this surely isn't so important in the grand scheme of things unless it becomes very common behaviour.

If/when the issue happens again with me I will report as much info as I can in this thread.

Don't forget that the word 'photographer' can also be spelt 'pixelpeeper' :D
:)

never experienced the low IQ display occasionally mentioned by others.
Me either, again, its another reported "Issue" that goes way back, that has been investigated several times
by the last administrators.

worse things happen at sea and this surely isn't so important in the grand scheme of things unless it becomes very common behaviour.
True enough, although I can see how it will / can cause irritation, to some, especially as its a photography forum,
and not just some random site that people post images on, from time to time.

On which side? She might be of the Siberian type...

Just sayin'!

Just happened to me on this one where there is only one image and it’s in TP Media. Clicking on it it went to Media and then it had loaded when I returned (Appropriate thread title :LOL: ) :

Coincidentally enough I just viewed that so must have been pretty much at the same time and it was fine for me.

Coincidentally enough I just viewed that so must have been pretty much at the same time and it was fine for me.
Yes, so I saw when I re-checked. He has another post which seems his own work though it’s a bit odd, he’s just popped up like that.

Back