RANT/... Classified replies......

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
if people start a Wanted or a For Sale thread
and then dont have the manners to respond to offers/questions.................then :lock:

not for those delays over weekends or work requirements

I'm fed-up with those who logon and dont reply....

Last edited:
My pet hate is people who don't archive their classified threads. You wade through loads of replies only to find out something's already sold. :mad:

My pet hate is people who don't archive their classified threads. You wade through loads of replies only to find out something's already sold. :mad:

that's my second rant....:LOL:

all they have to do, even before archiving, is to add SOLD to the thread title

I may have been guilty of some of these in the past. I do try and keep them all up to date when i get some time to myself.

Just been checking out a couple of Fuji threads. :mad:

There is no "defence" for this I agree, but just a couple or so points that some of you may not be aware of
1) if a thread has no replies for 14 days, it auto archives, so by keep posting "is anyone at home" you are keeping the thread alive
2) You cannot leave feedback from a thread that is in archive,
3) add a Sold prefix, hell yes! that's why it was added! use it!
4) possibly the most poignant, with this auto % ratio, people the habitually post in the classifieds suddenly lose access, and have to go on a posting spree,
before they can reply, some are very good at redressing the balance ( ;) )
others not so.

4) possibly the most poignant, with this auto % ratio, people the habitually post in the classifieds suddenly lose access,.....

I reckon some don't reply to help keep the % ratio below the 50% ;)

There is no "defence" for this I agree, but just a couple or so points that some of you may not be aware of
1) if a thread has no replies for 14 days, it auto archives, so by keep posting "is anyone at home" you are keeping the thread alive

it would be handy if there was an "unarchive" option. When you put up something to sell, post loads of pics and a good long description, its a pain when no one shows any interest and it auto archives off. A few weeks later you might want to try again but have to post it all up again. Quicker just to un archive it.

Quicker just to un archive it.
Just remember to give it a "bump", before the 14 days are up.

If you genuinely forget hit the RTM button and someone will drag it out the archives for you.
But don't forget to include a link as searching through 1000's of archived stuff is really not an option.

Last edited:
Back