Raw File Software

Name
Sarie
Edit My Images
Yes
I just recently got the Sony a900, previously I had the Sony a380, installed the software that came with the camera for Raw files calibration. When I received the a900 I tried to install the software from its CD since it has an extra software for Remote Camera software that I can connect to my Mac, and use the Mac as my viewer and storage :love:.

Attempting to do so gave me an Error as it is stated that the existing version is newer than the one being attempted to be installed. Deleted the existing installation and attempted to reinstall from the CD, it gave me the same message :bonk::bonk:, it cannot install as a newer version of the software exists. This was after the deletion of the folder by dragging it to the trash can and restarting the computer. Now I am without either :bang:.

Any ideas as to how to overcome this matter.

It's probably looking at the preferences folder that is probably still on your computer.

Download a copy of AppDelete. Reload the old software, Then use Appdelete to get rid of it. AppDelete looks for related files to the file scheduled for deletion. and removes those as well.

App delete will ask you for a small donation after 30 days I think if you use it again. Well worth it I would say. If you don't want to then delete it

I did it exactly as stated, still the same message saying that a newer version exist on this volume.

Trawl down the Applications folder and see if you can spot anything. It may be there is already a version of A900 software on the machine.

Additionally is there an uninstall option with the A900 software? .Also go to the Sony support web site and see if there is a latest copy of the A900 software that you can download. This may have a later version than what you ( or the Mac thinks you have) installed on your machine.

Back