RAW files not displaying correctly

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, does anyone know why some of my RAW files are now looking like this in LR? They also look like this in PS but in preview on Mac they look fine

It looks like it's corrupted to me, possibly in the download from card to computer, I don't use mac so I can't advise there, only guess that maybe the mac is seeing the the jpeg that embedded?
I'd try downloading again, preferably with a different card reader.

I don't have them in my card anymore they where recovered using disk drill a recovery program because I accidentally deleted them I LR.

My mistake I know, but once recovered disk drill said it was successful with no errors and I thought that was the case as I can see them in finder ok.

How do the file sizes look, about normal or smaller? You could try instant jpeg from raw a free program (or was last time I looked) that might be able to recover the embedded jpegs if all else fails.

Files sizes are what they should be for RAW files. Yes good idea that would be better than nothing.

Looks like that's it then. You can try another recovery program on the card, but that image is consistent with a corrupt file.

Always have a back up files.... always.

Back