Recommend me a good camera strap

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi
I`ve got the standard canon camera strap on my 550D but find it uncomfortable to wear around the neck some times.
What would you recommend as a better strap with some padding if it goes on weight then that would be a sigma 120/400 lens plus 550D with grip would be the biggest size lens .
mick

One of the shoulder straps. So much more comfortable/discrete. I have the Black Rapid RS-7, Ms arad85 the Black Rapid RS-W1. Also look at the Sun Sniper range

Sunsniper Pro - simply outstanding!!!(y)

It depends if you prefer to wear the camera around your neck or on your shoulder.

Around the neck... The Optech (or TP version) takes some beating. But I find they slip on the shoulder.

On the shoulder... Nothing beats the Upstrap. It's American, not cheap but sticks like S?** on a shovel. Absolutely brilliant strap.

cheers

Thanks for all the reply`s will have to wait for the shop to stock these then Talk Photography-branded Optech Pro straps sounds like what I need plus support your forum as well bonus

Just bought a Black Rapid RS7, comfortable to wear all day, and doesn't get in the way when taking photos, though I find you do need to adjust the length if you swap between a small lens and a large lens.

If you got the cash a Black rapid setup, or if you want a more normal neck strap i'd recommend "The Industry Disgrace" from Crumpler, by far the most comfortable strap i own.

For that lens get a Black Rapid RS Sport (RS7+RS3+an underarm strap for additional stability).

Got one recently from Hawks Photo Video for a great price.

Regards

I have used a Black Rapid RS7 for several lenses from a 100 macro to the 300/2.8 + converters - very comfortable. I also have a Optech neck strap strap but prefer the BR myself.

If you got the cash a Black rapid setup, or if you want a more normal neck strap i'd recommend "The Industry Disgrace" from Crumpler, by far the most comfortable strap i own.

Yes i do agree. Crumpler Industry Disgrace is a very comfortable strap.

Anybody know if there is a UK supplier of the Upstrap - It looks to be the perfect solution for my needs.

I have just replaced straps on my d300 and f90x with black rapid and optech pro. Both are brilliant, especially black rapid.

+1 for the sunsniper, I love mine. Not tried any of the others.

I use a Lowepro Flipside 400 to carry my gear, could I still use the RS-7 while wearing the Flipside or would it get in the way?

Back