Critique Red Kite

Gav.

Challenge Owner
Name
Gav
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Another Red Kite photo, I've tried to re-think the way I edit after the help and tips received, this edit took a while to get 'right' and one headache and a few mugs of tea later this is the stage I'm at.

C&C welcome as always (y)

(sample of the RAW file included) Canon 90D + Sigma 150-600mm (ISO 1000 - 1/1250 - f/7.1 - 600mm)

Edit all done with Affinity Photo

Thank you for looking :)

Gav

Red kite edit by Gavin Wickham, on Flickr

Sample of RAW
Red kite RAW.jpg

Last edited:
Brought out the feather detail well there Gav, Des's suggestion re exposure is a good tip to follow in future. (y)

Brought out the feather detail well there Gav, Des's suggestion re exposure is a good tip to follow in future. (y)
Thanks, Just need to remember everything now, I rushed out the other day to catch a bird and failed..... someone forgot to set the camera up after using it for macro few hours earlier :LOL:

Brought the shadows out nicely. They can sometimes be noisy or grainy but without zooming in, this one looks OK. (y)

Wow! Love the backlit wings there, bud! You did a fantastic job of sprucing up that pic, Gav, and good job on suppressing any noise you may've created when you increased the exposure.

Wow! Love the backlit wings there, bud! You did a fantastic job of sprucing up that pic, Gav, and good job on suppressing any noise you may've created when you increased the exposure.
Thanks Kirk, it was a challange but I'm happy with it

The edit really make it pop - nice shot Gav :)

Les

Back