Critique Redkite

Just have to love a red kite image Gav, no need to apologise ;)

PS, there must be a few in your neck of the woods :D

Just have to love a red kite image Gav, no need to apologise ;)

PS, there must be a few in your neck of the woods :D
Thanks, around 15-20 in local area, just wish they would drop in height a little for some back drop scenery :)

Best yet Gav- you're getting better all the time :)

Exposure's looks good Gav (y)

It's great you've asked for critique again but you've posted no equipment or exif ;)

Exposure's looks good Gav (y)

It's great you've asked for critique again but you've posted no equipment or exif ;)
Sorry, I remember 1 thing thing and forget another, just too much for my peanut brain to remember :LOL:

Thank you :)

Details as follows ;)

Canon 90D

Sigma 150-600mm C - I'm starting to think the C stands for Cataract as my images look soft after seeing what an L lens can do

1/1000, ISO 2000, f6.3, @600mm, Expo comp +1 2/3

Last edited:
Sorry Gav, I was being a little pedantic really :rolleyes:

Think its just bcoming a bit of a bug bear for me, very few give tech details and after all, we are a photography forum.

I used a 150 600c for around 4 yrs, the wife still does, bang for buck I've always said they can't be beat.........we do shoot Nikon though;):giggle:

Try upping your shutter speed to a min of 1/2000 for Bif shots try turning os off if you are using it ,or try mode 2. I use manual with auto iso start off with a shutter speed of 1/2000 and up it if the light allows add between 1 and 2 stops ex comp as Reqd

It looks good Gave. Any more exp. on this one and I believe the whites would be too bright, they're maxed out now so you did well. If there were no whites an EV +3 would've exposed the underside even better for more color and detail but that's another bird.

Try upping your shutter speed to a min of 1/2000 for Bif shots try turning os off if you are using it ,or try mode 2. I use manual with auto iso start off with a shutter speed of 1/2000 and up it if the light allows add between 1 and 2 stops ex comp as Reqd
Thank you, I used 1/1000 as it was 'just' gliding, ex comp was around 1 2/3 I think(sorry forgot that bit), I will try the OS comp modes (y)
It looks good Gave. Any more exp. on this one and I believe the whites would be too bright, they're maxed out now so you did well. If there were no whites an EV +3 would've exposed the underside even better for more color and detail but that's another bird.
The white on the head had partly blown bit I think it looks 'ok', thank you (y)

Last edited:
Gav
as regards to your camera settings, when I upload mine to Flickr it always shows the exif so that people can see what settings you have used for the shot. When I click on your image it takes me to Flickr but there is no exif data, is there a reason for this, is the exif stripped out on the image.

Not knocking you, just rather curious as to why no exif.
Like so

Gav
as regards to your camera settings, when I upload mine to Flickr it always shows the exif so that people can see what settings you have used for the shot. When I click on your image it takes me to Flickr but there is no exif data, is there a reason for this, is the exif stripped out on the image.

Not knocking you, just rather curious as to why no exif.
Like so
I probably changed something going through privacy settings on flickr, I've never done anything online and always kept myself to myself (suffer with Axniety and OCD), I was probably worried who can see the gear I'm using, I will have a look :)

Back