Ricoh GR III Owners Thread

Do you know how to search the manual old boy?

Do ... Ctrl+F ... type/paste in ... Save Settings. Click the little down arrow twice to 3/7. You should be on page 117, it's all there.
Thanks - I can save settings in Boxes 1-6 but I can only select Boxes 1-3 (using U1, U2 & U3).
I can't see how I can select and use the settings I have placed in Boxes 4-6 and unless I'm missing something p117 doesn't help me. :(

Just found an answer in a Flickr Group question thread. :)

Last edited:
Thanks - I can save settings in Boxes 1-6 but I can only select Boxes 1-3 (using U1, U2 & U3).
I can't see how I can select and use the settings I have placed in Boxes 4-6 and unless I'm missing something p117 doesn't help me. :(

Just found an answer in a Flickr Group question thread. :)
surely, U1, U2 & U3 are not the problem: instantly selected by Mode dial. If you've forgotten what they are, you are soon reminded.

surely, U1, U2 & U3 are not the problem: instantly selected by Mode dial. If you've forgotten what they are, you are soon reminded.
No that's easy of course - it was selecting the settings in Boxes 4, 5 & 6 to use.

Well
I attended a workshop in Blackpool on Saturday, one of the chaps was shooting with a GR iii , having seen one in the flesh so to speak I have succumbed and pressed the magic ‘buy it’ button
i await today’s delivery with baited breath
hopefully t’other half will be otherwise occupied when it arrives
naughty me

Well
I attended a workshop in Blackpool on Saturday, one of the chaps was shooting with a GR iii , having seen one in the flesh so to speak I have succumbed and pressed the magic ‘buy it’ button
i await today’s delivery with baited breath
hopefully t’other half will be otherwise occupied when it arrives
naughty me
You will enjoy it, it’s a very versatile camera with great image quality - and it fits in your pocket! Have fun, I’m out with mine now.;)

You will enjoy it, it’s a very versatile camera with great image quality - and it fits in your pocket! Have fun, I’m out with mine now.;)
Thanks @gramps
no doubt I will be back here with questions before long

Package arrived, avoided the questions from the other half, charged battery, rain started
Playing out postponed for today, roll on tomorrow

Just picked up a little GR3, hopefully arrive tomorrow in time for the Bank Holiday weekend. Owned one for a year or so a while ago and then sold it for an X100V. Looking back I prefer the GR3 as an everyday carry to the V.

Just picked up a little GR3, hopefully arrive tomorrow in time for the Bank Holiday weekend. Owned one for a year or so a while ago and then sold it for an X100V. Looking back I prefer the GR3 as an everyday carry to the V.

IMO the GR3 is one hell of a camera, for me I could get right into just having my GR3 and nothing else.

GR3 turned up today from Wex. Perfect timing for the weekend.... It's the Street edition, so has 2 batteries & a leather case. Also came with a separate metal lens cover, which I'm not sure was standard on the SE edition.

Overall, the metallic grey colour looks really nice, compared to what I remember of my old black one, with the exception of the lens ring which is a bit bright. Again, a black lens ring was also included, not sure if that's standard or the previous owner bought it, but the orange ring has gone in the box and the black lens ring is now on!

Will be out over the weekend, so hopefully some photos from it, rather than words :)

Had the lens ring fall off issue on my GRiii today, luckily I realized it had happened and was able to retrieve the ring. I don't use a lens cap but do keep the camera in my pocket so I guess the ring must have got loosened with the constant taking it in and out. Just something to keep an eye on.

Had the lens ring fall off issue on my GRiii today, luckily I realized it had happened and was able to retrieve the ring. I don't use a lens cap but do keep the camera in my pocket so I guess the ring must have got loosened with the constant taking it in and out. Just something to keep an eye on.
on the older GX100 which I have just picked up , the lens ring is locked in position with a button on front of camera which operates the same as a lens release button, why oh why didn’t this get carried forward

That’s bad luck, I believe you can buy replacements off eBay.

I put a thin strip of black electrical tape on the bottom of mine to stop it falling off.

Lesson learnt the hard way in the past.

Had it happen a couple of times, it's a poor design. Some say a bit of tape or part of a wire tie under the ring will solve it but I confess I haven't done anything yet.

Today a little red line appeared on the screen. I had no idea what it was until the line got longer then a message popped up that the camera was shutting down due to overheating! I was only taking stills, but I'd took a hundred or so in a relatively short period, but I am in the bayou around New Orleans, so it is warmish. Some great photos though! (fingers crossed...)

Not been doing much this year. I did pop into the British Museum the other day ... not very exciting ...

AJFCJaUM8VMOh7rkDRUBwzfsTx2k2Jl3qpKjQxok31CoxbSoXv20my8omLXHq-bfS4XafPRvi8ZqxulX16N2I0FQt1n0juC897Q6WaOFgchPsk37gtjdzxrfrUdYzXLMu4BkGSnbetGWWL0ZSvvg9N9j35sfyg=w711-h879-s-no

AJFCJaUXFfqWejssmgV38rWGdn3N_WP35DGPeM3aHAjVb5UgfyeAhXicOhcQiiWRwJUhc1avtvNivzJOTdYdLQagTJgWnKHEIMyOFUw44UCS4Sa41MPM8KJ6ORurdp0HIYctfVkodH79fR0jRtW6gEaff98p9A=w586-h879-s-no

AJFCJaWDvoBxXz9k1DXdrfv0DXuh5RzhOX5Q10uF15mkKYrVZzVKqFBq7id5x5EI0YG3fP-bj-X6ofOn7XYYkJMw2w9se-u42ffEVcM3cYGZQYZEtHZS7y4BxxaX9EE9_fbljsmpa9rfowSRSWtwqJwaxDYh9w=w822-h879-s-no

Firmware update released today for GRiii & GRiiix

WARNING - Problem with the update (not critical).

@d00d @Fuji Dave @wibbly @Merlin5 @delb0y

WARNING - Problem with the update (not critical).

@d00d @Fuji Dave @wibbly @Merlin5 @delb0y
Thanks for the heads up. Installed the upgrade last week but haven’t noticed any real issues.

Hopefully Ricoh will update again soon!

Thanks for the heads up. Installed the upgrade last week but haven’t noticed any real issues.

Hopefully Ricoh will update again soon!
Yes no issues here either, will just await the new update. :)

Thanks gramps. I didn't know there was a new firmware last month so I'm still on whatever the previous version is and will wait for the next update.

Back