Rugby Union - Local Grass Roots

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
The sort of game anyone can go photo... Top of a hill.. wind blowing rain pouring ... when conditions like that I tend to stick to one elns so did the whole game wiht the 400mm

14rugbyu_01.jpg

14rugbyu_02.jpg

14rugbyu_03.jpg

14rugbyu_04.jpg

14rugbyu_05.jpg

14rugbyu_06.jpg

these two from the adjoining pitch where the seconds where playing... I was only there to do one match.. but when action stopped i swung round to other pitch a couple of times :)

14rugbyu_07.jpg

14rugbyu_08.jpg

I like #5 best... Got a sort of Iwo Jima thing going on..

Last edited:
I like #5 best...

I do.. not sure why.. got some great close ups and muddy pics.. but I just like #5 a lot.. cant put my finger on it though..probably the easiest shot as well

I like it because it has shape and everyone is focused on the ball. Great timing with the ball on his fingertips, did he catch it or not? So some unanswered questions. I also think it shows collective and concentrated effort. Top shot IMHO..

yesterdays paper :)

feb11_14_rugby1.jpg

feb11_14_rugby2.jpg

I have done exactly what you did a few times and swung round to shoot a seconds game at half time or quite points. As you have proved it can really pay off as one of the photos made the front page!

thanks for all the comments... even though conditions where really bad.. I ahve to say I really enjoyed the job.. not done rugby for ooer ages.. so was a nice change :)

Excellent set of images full of action and mud.
Congrats on the front page.

I have really enjoyed seeing these and I think you left the best to last.

Definitely. This is the sort of picture I have always wanted to get

Back