Rugby World cup 2015 thread

mex

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
I am surprised there has'nt been a thread already for this one. I have been waiting eagerly for today, the RWC kicks off tonight with England- Fiji (20.00hrs kick off) you would expect England to win this one, but fiji are no slouches. I think it might well be a bruising encounter for the hosts ( and favs to win the tournament IMHO).

Yeah, it pains me to say it being a Scotsman but I think England will go close this year. New Zealand are the bookies favourites but they've never faired well when the world cup has been in the northern hemisphere.

I also think I can legitimately support Fiji tonight given that Matawalu and Nakawara both played for Glasgow and they will start for Fiji tonight :p

I've got to pay attention to it this year. I feel like I've been shafted by our team as in our sweepstake I've got Romania. Please someone tell me they stand a really good chance...

I'm betting on either NZ or South Africa.

For all fuss the RFU have been making its no busier then a normal 6 nation match by my front door

Gloucester has never looked so nice. They have spent a fortune resurfacing the roads, planting, and cleaning all the areas into and around Kingsholm stadium.

It's shame once the rugby is over, it'll go back to the dump it usually is.

I've got to pay attention to it this year. I feel like I've been shafted by our team as in our sweepstake I've got Romania. Please someone tell me they stand a really good chance...

I have tickets to see Romania v Ireland at Wembley, somehow I think it may be a one sided contest.

Gloucester has never looked so nice. They have spent a fortune resurfacing the roads, planting, and cleaning all the areas into and around Kingsholm stadium.

It's funny, cause Twickenham looks great in the centre, the station is still a joke, and the road to the stadium needs work

I'm shouting Fiji tonight. I'm a South African living in Wales, but from what I hear the South Africans aren't very pleased with the SA team and Wales have lost a number of players to injury.

So I'm shouting green and red, red if both play each other :)

Last edited:

Similar situation here but the Chiefs' stadium is actually out of town, just off the motorway so the city centre hasn't had any benefit other than traffic chaos this evening as roads are clogged by people (not!) thronging to a couple of big screens. In the meantime, road repairs seem to have stalled and potholing season is soon upon us once again...

what happened with the awarded / dis-awarded try? surely that should stand?

I enjoyed that match, the Fijians pushed hard and seemed content to play right to the edge of the rules a lot of the time, the game seemed a lot closer than the final score indicated.

Brown had a really good game, with few mistakes, his play was really improved over the 6 Nations imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
I enjoyed it too. I think England have a lot to take away (11 turnovers against them) but that important 4th try in this group especially was a fantastic way to finish

BTW did I mention I have tickets for the final :) :gloat: and one of the quarters and two of the group matches :) :double gloat:

Sadly a fan has just been hit and killed by a train at Twickenham :( it's a s*** way to finish the first match :((

Edit. South west trains tweeted there had been a fatal accident at Twickenham station last night. Fortunately that turns out not to be true. There was an accident and someone fell under a train last night after the match. However whilst they were seriously injured they weren't killed. Getting home last night may have been interesting

Last edited:
what happened with the awarded / dis-awarded try? surely that should stand?

Tell me about it! how the hell can the ref award a try and then go to the TMO and overturn his own decision? In all fairness he had a bit of a shocker with missed forward passes and off sides.

England were the better team, but other big tems will be rubbing their hands on that display. The fijian winger (11) is he human? 20st and runs like a gazzelle.

BTW did I mention I have tickets for the final :) :gloat: and one of the quarters and two of the group matches :) :double gloat:

I've always thought you are the nicest,most generous person I have ever heard of!! what time shall I be picking you up?

Tell me about it! how the hell can the ref award a try and then go to the TMO and overturn his own decision? In all fairness he had a bit of a shocker with missed forward passes and off sides.

England were the better team, but other big tems will be rubbing their hands on that display. The fijian winger (11) is he human? 20st and runs like a gazzelle.

I don't even think he went to the TMO, he saw the replay on the stadium screen after awarding the try.

Really? I was in loo when he reversed the decision, I assumed he went to the TMO, initially I thought that the (non)try had been grounded fair and square.

No he awarded it, then reversed it. Having said that I don't think Fuji would have been in position for their awarded try a few minutes later had the first been awarded.

I also thought the third England try came from a knock on and probably should have been disallowed. I was a little surprised it was allowed to stand

after watching the try again, I think he awarded the try, saw the replay on the big screen, then went to the TMO before awarding an England score from which Fiji scored, so it didn't really have a material affect on the outcome of the game, but still strange behaviour by the ref.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ireland should cruise past Canada this afternoon, they should have too much all round for them.

Back to last nights game, was the yellow card a bit harsh? I thought so, it was'nt as if there was anything malicious in it.

Back to last nights game, was the yellow card a bit harsh? I thought so, it was'nt as if there was anything malicious in it.

Think I heard the commentators saying that the 'safety' rule had been put to the top of the list for referee action, so perhaps explains it :)

COME ON JAPAN!!!!

Who'd have thought it would be this close after 70 minutes.

Tis a bit of a surprise I must admit :)

Wow!

Well, well, well!

Exactly what I was going to say!!!

Eek!
Scotland are playing them on Wednesday.

Hey hey there is hope for my team if Japan can do that :)

Indeed, that is the kind of stuff that makes it fun and exciting

Back