Rugby World cup 2015 thread

Eek!
Scotland are playing them on Wednesday.

As a Welshman, i'd still swop pools!

PS, there were plenty of tickets being sold outside the stadium for about two thirds of face value. The games not involving a six nations team should have a lot of even cheaper tickets being sold, and that may be the same at the other venues.

Please tell me this match isn't using the same script as the Japan game...

Does anybody know what kit I could take in to the Milennium on Wednesday for Aus v Fiji?

Does anybody know what kit I could take in to the Milennium on Wednesday for Aus v Fiji?

What were you thinking of taking? I saw a few bridge cameras and I had my em5 with a small zoom.

Well... Maybe my 300 with 1.4x .... Not sure where we are sitting so probably not worth the hassle. Could take my LUMIX 100-300 which looks small and makes a decent record shot.

I think a 300mm full frame lens may make the stewards question whether the camera is for personal use. You should be fine with the four thirds lens.

As a Welshman, i'd still swop pools!

PS, there were plenty of tickets being sold outside the stadium for about two thirds of face value. The games not involving a six nations team should have a lot of even cheaper tickets being sold, and that may be the same at the other venues.

Had I known you were in town we could have had a few jars.

We were not impressive this afternoon, we did the job, but Uraguay for crying out loud! England and Australia would have a field day against us on that display, not to mention the injuries.

We were not impressive this afternoon, we did the job, but Uraguay for crying out loud! England and Australia would have a field day against us on that display, not to mention the injuries.
totally agree..hope we improve, or we are going to have a kicking...didnt even watch all the game.., the argy's played well against the blacks..

The second half was disappointing, I was expecting wales to put the pressure on and to show the difference in fitness between the teams, but not so!

Hopefully if Japan are any kind of rugby team at all they'll still be out celebrating that win on Saturday!

Japan are 5 to 1 against scotland this afternoon. if i was a betting man, those seem quite good odds.

Currently 7:12... I was expecting it to be the other way TBH, especially after their performance against the 'Bocks.

just sayin'

13339-1443096886-9424c34f68697a4e8cb3319d1ba9fc5f.jpg

Can I have yours when she's done it then, please? ;)

I've got to pay attention to it this year. I feel like I've been shafted by our team as in our sweepstake I've got Romania. Please someone tell me they stand a really good chance...

Romania got off to a flying start against France then? Good to see they started well. Not.

Romania got off to a flying start against France then? Good to see they started well. Not.
Well, I might still be in the race of winning something. It looks like I get my money back if/when they end up last. Although it isn't in my makeup to win by loosing.

New Zealand are playing some beautiful rugby tonight.

I wonder if there will be a rush on Scotland strips...

I have been away from this for a few days,a few of my recent observations are:

a. We,Wales will not win another game in this RWC, too many 1st choice players injured and no real strength in depth.
b. New Zealand - Australia final, both teams look street ahead of anyone else.
c.The saffers are poo, there will be rolling heads if they don't win their group.......come on Scotland!!
d. Japan were just a flash in the pan.
e. ITV's coverage/commentators are almost as poo as the Saffers.

after the opening game againt fiji, cannot see England getting past the 1/4's... southern hemisphere are streaks ahead... apart from the not so mighty bokke!

after the opening game againt fiji, cannot see England getting past the 1/4's... southern hemisphere are streaks ahead... apart from the not so mighty bokke!

I think England were weaker then they should have been in that game. However, you need to be picking up bonus points against lower tier opponents in Group A. Something England and Wales managed in their opening matches but Australia failed to do. Assuming England/Wales/Australia are reasonably matched (and Australia are also not looking great at the mo) then whomever takes two bonus points from the group remains in the tournament. I'd also expect whomever wins Group A to have a reasonably clear ruin to the final.

Of the Southern Hemisphere teams South Africa look weak and have had loads of political issues at home.Some of the legal wrangles there must have affected the team. Australia aren't looking great. That only leaves New Zealand who I'm sure we'll see in the final. But just as a thought they've never done that well in World Cups when the tournament has been in the Northern Hemisphere, and never winning when they haven't been hosts.

I'm not saying England will win by any means. Just the Southern Hemisphere teams aren't as likely to have it their own way as you think

Last edited:
I thought Australia looked sharper than any of the other teams in the group.

An interesting selection from Lancaster, dropping Ford, don't think he did anything wrong against Fiji so maybe he has picked up a knock? and Burgess in the centre ?...... having said that I fancy (but I hope I am wrong!) England will be too strong for us,we have a 3rd or 4th choice hooker and tighthead and a loosehead who is unlikely to last 80mins.

Maybe, but they are the only team to have won and not collected bonus points in that group

Indeed, but the likelyhood is that either England or Wales will loose a game ( I'd rather loose than draw btw), should Australia win all their games they won't need a bogus point. Don't know if you saw the post match interview with Mike Cheika, he said 'I did'nt realise there were bonus points in the Northern hemisphere'....the cocky,arrogant tw@.

Indeed, but the likelyhood is that either England or Wales will loose a game ( I'd rather loose than draw btw), should Australia win all their games they won't need a bogus point. Don't know if you saw the post match interview with Mike Cheika, he said 'I did'nt realise there were bonus points in the Northern hemisphere'....the cocky,arrogant tw@.

Unbelievably arrogant aren't they. I think I'd be taking every point I could get in that group. I think all bets are off with regards to the top two in that group.

Tonight I get to watch SA/Samoa on the TV (OK itv) and then go to England/ Wales. I a happy boy

Well, this is exciting...

:)

Well done to Wales, England need discipline!

That was good second half. Decent rugby.

Back