Run away - it's another 365!! :D

I don't know, it's funny. Some days you have to search and search for something that you can take a photo of. Other days, there's so much you can't capture it all.

Today was one of the former. I came out from work to discover this huge ship (I'm reliably informed that it isn't a boat) parked outside, and then, I discovered a local celebrity (and Famous Villain :p) standing in front of it who just happened to have a copy of his new book on him. (Ok, maybe I had it and forced him to stand with it :p).

Anyway, despite it being noisy and shaky from the cold, I'm posting this photo today to say ' Congratulations' to a good friend for all that he has achieved over the last few years, and in particular last year. I'm really proud of him, and I know that he is only going to get better. And what's more, he actually looks happy in this one! :D

150109 : Pete

jan15.jpg

I know, sadly he's laughing at me because I can't work a basic bridge camera (hence no flash :p), but yay! I think I have the only photo of him smiling in existence ;D

My Canon is going to cost £180+VAT to fix :(. I can’t afford that now, so I’m just going to have to manage and ignore the box of lenses looking pleadingly at me from across the room.

160109 : One of the HMS Ark Royal from today.

jan16.jpg

yeah fabs, I'm going to debate and work out how long it will be if I can save and add a bit to it. Finances are a bit rubbish at the moment, but I've got some extra freelancing work around the corner which I can take or leave (I work full time so it's hard to do both all the time). However, a nice shiny 40D waiting on payday might be enough to spur me on! Doesnt seem worth forking out when you can't be sure it won't go again (there's only a 6 month warranty on that).

Thanks for the comment :) And Dellipher and Liss, thanks for your comment a few days ago, I seem to have missed that!

Last edited:
yeah I'm thinking so too!! I've not actually *got* the £207 eitherway, but if I did I'd be loathe to repair when I can upgrade.

Good oportunity to re-assess, and upgrade (even though you'd still need to save the money up)

Even without the camera you're still doing well. Nice shot yesterday. Dunno where you got the sun from though :)

thanks Pete. It helps being *right* next to the ship at work. The sun came out for about 3.2 seconds yesterday and i just got there in time. It was around 11am I think. You can see the tiny gap in the clouds where the sun came through :D

Yesterday's shot is another from the cemetery. The light was really pretty.

jan17.jpg

I shall have a look when I'm uploading today's pic, hopefully later on :)

A sad day for children of all ages.

180109 : RIP Tony Hart

jan182.jpg

Last edited:
My word I missed that!
So that's Tony Hart, David Vine and Patrick McGoohan in the space of a week. How sad.

Oh no, he hasn't has he? :( Hadn't heard about it until now! R.I.P Mr Hart.

A great shot to commemorate one of his more famous characters...well done :)

Thanks very much :) I'm afraid it's true Mr Clouds.

It is very sad Cyclone, 'tis the way of the world I suppose :(

Fabs, I tried the black and white, I didn't like it as much it seemed too cold. Maybe my processing though, I'm far from experienced :)

As I got drenched by a very unexpected and heavy snowstorm this afternoon (having to spend the afternoon sat at my desk soaking wet and putting plastic bags over my feet 4 hours later to get my boots on!) I am glad that I snapped this shot early on.

You'll be glad to hear it's a happier theme for today - can you guess what it is yet?

jan19.jpg

:LOL:

Here's the original as a pointer for anyone else having trouble :D

bellacolour.jpg

Last edited:
thanks guys. I wanted something that wasn't immediately obvious, like my own 'magic eye' pic :D. I seem to have achieved that as no-one can tell what it is :LOL:

My word, has it only been 20 days :/ I can’t believe there’s like 340-odd more pictures to take before the year is out. I think this 365 is one of those things that seemed like a good idea ‘at the time’ :D

Today’s photo is something I spotted when taking some shots of the Ark Royal yesterday - then promptly forgot about until I went back to see if it was really there or if it was a dream!!

200109 : Flowers in the Wind

jan20.jpg

Last edited:
I think this 365 is one of those things that seemed like a good idea ‘at the time’ :D

:LOL:

I know what you mean, I've got to come up with a picture of the kids, with no kids around, and by the time i get in they will be fast asleep :(

thanks guys :D

Chilli - take a picture of them sleeping! Sans flash, nice moody shot with hallway lighting :D

Problem solved :LOL:

thanks guys :D

Chilli - take a picture of them sleeping! Sans flash, nice moody shot with hallway lighting :D

Problem solved :LOL:

Got one of the sleeping the other night, so i'll have to leave that one for another night.

However i called home before the Gym and got a quick grab shot of Rebecca & myself for tonights image.

Yes very thought provoking indeed. You could look at that for ages and wonder what happened there?

Just found this thread checking out the 365s (don't get much time so usually stick to the 52s) but I've clearly been missing a corker.

I think these shots proove that it's not the camera that makes the image it's the person behind it, all the camera does it make it easier to capture an image.

P.S. Well done on the Pete smiling shot, pretending to forget how to use your bridge camera to make him laugh was a stroke of genius (y)

wow, i've not been able to log on today (at work) but it's sooo nice to come home to lots of nice comments, I really appreciate it :D <3

Simon, yeah *cough* that's it, I was pretending :LOL:

210109 : A new chapter

This morning, a new chapter begins as Barack Obama wakes up to his first day as President of the United States of America.

Black and white seemed appropriate :)

jan21.jpg

Last edited:
Back