SamuelSlade's Photo52 4 2011 : Week 52 Glass + Nature added

The Men from the Ministry could only offer their deepest condolences when they brought the confirming news.

5968923697_d36d4eeba2_z.jpg

All the Princess could say was 'But he promised...'

...:crying:

Hi Kev,

just for the record...... i can do large :rules:

So I see :naughty: Much better :clap: Actually you look quite cute in your pink top :p

Have to agree with Michael, it definitely looks like that badboy is heading for you :LOL:

Both shots very clever ideas for the theme.

Onto the box saga ... Noooo! the Count can't die ..... tell me he was not in that crash and he was late for the flight or something. Oooooh to saga continues .... I'm sure.

I like how you have included a box in the news broadcast, that is brill!

And in take 17 .... is that by any chance the doghouse from your week 1 Accommodation shot?

And is that someone/something still hiding behind the curtains in take 16?

Juicy story .... now come on where is the rest?

The Count made a promise and I am sure he will stick by that ....

All great shots though, well done

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hi Kev,

So I see :naughty: Much better :clap: Actually you look quite cute in your pink top :p

excuse me..thats red..i'll have you know.. or at least it was when i bought it... faded in the wash.... honest..

Have to agree with Michael, it definitely looks like that badboy is heading for you :LOL:

..Mickey didn't have a terribly good time with his broomsticks if you recall.. why should i be aqn exception..

Both shots very clever ideas for the theme.

thanks (y)

Onto the box saga ... Noooo! the Count can't die ..... tell me he was not in that crash and he was late for the flight or something. Oooooh to saga continues .... I'm sure.

I like how you have included a box in the news broadcast, that is brill!

And in take 17 .... is that by any chance the doghouse from your week 1 Accommodation shot?

And is that someone/something still hiding behind the curtains in take 16?

Juicy story .... now come on where is the rest?

The Count made a promise and I am sure he will stick by that ....

All great shots though, well done

Cheers

as for missing the flight...being delayed... my lips are sealed... i have shot the next part...but feeling there needs to be another one between so there will be a short delay... :naughty:

Ok dudes and dudesses... here is a sample of shots i took from what will go down in history as THE event of the Norwich photographic calendar by visiting pbo toggers...bit long but i'll cut to the chase...

Betty H as i saw here...I'm posting them here as a) they aren't as risque as the ones Patrick was taking and b) this assignment was an absolute challenge for me...

Take 1

5998743003_b9fbaeede0_b.jpg

Take 2

5999287642_cb1c4dd32f_b.jpg

Take 3... which i am especially pleased with becuase it was taken without flash, and only minor tweaking in PS...not sure if i should be saying that was it was a flash day after all... :D

5999287730_d474da1b36_b.jpg

Awesome day after all ..weather held good and cracking idea to shoot under cover of trees as we'd have sweated out p@nts off i think... (y)

let me know what you think... i'll probably be posting them again in the general sharing forum, with a few others once processed.

.... what surprised me most was i'd taken some cracking normal photos for once.. :D ...oops... minor slip up..back to the boxes and 'weird' shortly...

Spotted this trio of unsavour characters while Patrick stood not 10 ft from Betty, texting her asking where abouts she was in the park... LOL!! They were perched high above on the roof of a pavillion, overlooking a quaint square lawned garden... which i would have taken a shot of..if it wasn't for so many people milling around....

Week 30 : Weird

I was instantly drawn to the chap on the left....i wonder why.. :thinking: .. no relative of mine though....he's using a nikon..you can tell even from that distance

Three lovely shots of Betty - I'm sure she'll like them

#1 You caught a beautiful expression. Lovely colour and the exposure look spot on. Look a bit OOF - I think the sofness works well with her skin, but I'd have liked her eyes a bit sharper. Would a portrait rather than landscape layout have worked for this one?

#2 Another lovely portrait with sweet expression and pose. Possibly a little OOF and I would be tempted to up the exposure a tad. Nice framing and composition.

#3 Very nice. My favourite of the three. Again focus is slightly off. You've caught her hair really well. I'd be tempted to have a go in PP to give it a bit of pop.

Weird is great. Well spotted. (That's definitely a Canon - you can tell by the bit stuck on the top to try to make it work properly.)

*Edit* - Just looked at the pics on Flickr and they look a lot sharper - something odd going on there...

Last edited:
Nice shots of Betty Kev, although I'd rather you didn't crop the top of her head in the first and her right arm in the third.

I like your weird too.
And I think you'll find it's an Ochympus, not a Nikon!

thansk Neil..i do believe thats how the photos came out, so no crop actioned. i'l take it as learning points. guess i wanted to frame her smile :)

as for weird... i'm no expert so i'll take your assessment as gospel.. (y)

Three lovely shots of Betty - I'm sure she'll like them

#1 You caught a beautiful expression. Lovely colour and the exposure look spot on. Look a bit OOF - I think the sofness works well with her skin, but I'd have liked her eyes a bit sharper. Would a portrait rather than landscape layout have worked for this one?

#2 Another lovely portrait with sweet expression and pose. Possibly a little OOF and I would be tempted to up the exposure a tad. Nice framing and composition.

#3 Very nice. My favourite of the three. Again focus is slightly off. You've caught her hair really well. I'd be tempted to have a go in PP to give it a bit of pop.

Weird is great. Well spotted. (That's definitely a Canon - you can tell by the bit stuck on the top to try to make it work properly.)

*Edit* - Just looked at the pics on Flickr and they look a lot sharper - something odd going on there...

i see what you mean about being OOF on here YET on flickr they are sharp looking.. odd? though i do recall some1 else saying similar about their postings..??

i'm not sure about the popping... i like an image to look natural, though some lift maybe necessary...

...and i note your RE-quip about the monkeys... :razz: ... you're only saying that because you know yours takes chunky car batteries to even get the shutter going... :razz:

Hi Kev,

Three nice photos of Betty H, agree with Patrick's comments about the OOF.

The shot for 'weird' is good too, although I would have perhaps tried to get the shot from a different angle :shrug:

Cheers

Hi Kev,

Three nice photos of Betty H, agree with Patrick's comments about the OOF.

The shot for 'weird' is good too, although I would have perhaps tried to get the shot from a different angle :shrug:

Cheers

thanks Dawn for your comments. i'll have to start putting a warning about the tranfer from flickr, like Patrick says , they are 'IF' on flickr :shrug:

..i'll see what i caught on my other camera on the weird dudes as i moved around to the opposite side, and with a longer lens... but considering the height these dudes were up in the air, and the fact the sun was behind them blowing the sky out. my focus was their detail.

(y)

6199016984_70b13de2d6_b.jpg

Yep...got tired of trying to play catch up so practised light trails with a difference the same week...

Last edited:
Dubbed...the invisible man celebrating his birthday...

What i do like.... or did!!.. was the ginger wine.. :D

What i don't..is the fact i've cropped close to the text on the hat..

I get these two points in because i know somebody will mention it .. so best i confess to the jury now..and throw myself on the mecri of the courtroom :nuts:

...now for some wind..and evolving ideas...

Celebrate......:wacky:

Only you could think up, compose and photograph such a take on that theme.

I can't critique something ssoooo funny!

Weird, yip, that's weird and slightly unnerving....

Cheers.

Celebrate......:wacky:

Only you could think up, compose and photograph such a take on that theme.

I can't critique something ssoooo funny!

Weird, yip, that's weird and slightly unnerving....

Cheers.

yeahhhh..i thought about doing it for weird... but somehow..didn't fit the theme.... no wait... IT would of wouldn't it... OMG!>>! noooooooooo

thanks Andy!!! (y)

Hiya Kev,

Once again a photo to make us chuckle. Well done with the set up :clap:

Cheers

Brill shot for "celebrate" - you have a great imagination!

really mr P.. you sure... even i have doubts over my own sanity sometimes... hell you should see what i've got in mind for evolution... well you would be able to if i'd shot it yet,... but i will... (y)

I love the idea Kev.
All the films I've watched with the projected holograms in them tend to have transparent holograms, your hologram appears to have transparent legs but a solid body!

i think the reason you're seeing it like this is because the table is so pale... the opactity is applied to the whole image so the top is the same as the bottom half.... if there was a dark colour behind the whole of me..it would show better... point for next time hey...

:shrug: .. thanks anyway.. (y)

Great idea Kev, can see why you said it needed all put together now.

colin..there was going to be a third picture, but that got canned as it was crap... and no matter how much i played with it in PS...it didn't look right... (hell was that deja vu or what???) (y)

i think the reason you're seeing it like this is because the table is so pale... the opactity is applied to the whole image so the top is the same as the bottom half.... if there was a dark colour behind the whole of me..it would show better... point for next time hey...

:shrug: .. thanks anyway.. (y)

I thought it would be something like that as I couldn't see you only applying it to the legs.

It's still a cracking idea and shot though

Hiya Kev,

Well done on the 'evolution' shots and a great idea too. Trust you to come up with such an idea :D

Cheers

Hiya Kev,

Well done on the 'evolution' shots and a great idea too. Trust you to come up with such an idea :D

Cheers

thanks dawn..though saying that about the idea..my pre-cursor shot was going to pay homeage to some'one else's project on here... maybe i'll still it for another week's theme.... (y)

....and PLEASE nobody dare think i dress THAT smart for work...you'll ruin my reputation of being the john travolta of the nightclub scene.... :cautious:

OK Kev, your Betty H photos:
1 very good. Nice composition, nice natural look, great catch lights. Just needs a bit of PP to brighten the dull washed out grey of her brolly, and that should just give the shot a lift.(y)
2. Nice shot but you cropped her picnic basket boo boo.. (sorry) I think the whole thing would have worked a little better if she had that hand free.
3. The composition is annoying on this one, as I am really drawn to her ink sleeve, and I can't see enough of her tats and I think that smile would have worked wonders with eye contact. Great catch lights though.

Weird is cracking :clap:

Celebration is a great fun filled shot. Just a few niggles. The door handles top middle, the happy birthday hat has been cropped as has the left hand sleeve.

Evolution. Great idea, but maybe it needs more photoshopping to add a projection to the hologram, the sort of Starwars "help me Obiwan Kenobi, you're my only hope" type look.. Just some ideas.

Keep up the good work.

Adie

OK Kev, your Betty H photos:
1 very good. Nice composition, nice natural look, great catch lights. Just needs a bit of PP to brighten the dull washed out grey of her brolly, and that should just give the shot a lift.(y)
2. Nice shot but you cropped her picnic basket boo boo.. (sorry) I think the whole thing would have worked a little better if she had that hand free.
3. The composition is annoying on this one, as I am really drawn to her ink sleeve, and I can't see enough of her tats and I think that smile would have worked wonders with eye contact. Great catch lights though.

Weird is cracking :clap:

Celebration is a great fun filled shot. Just a few niggles. The door handles top middle, the happy birthday hat has been cropped as has the left hand sleeve.

Evolution. Great idea, but maybe it needs more photoshopping to add a projection to the hologram, the sort of Starwars "help me Obiwan Kenobi, you're my only hope" type look.. Just some ideas.

Keep up the good work.

Adie

thanks for this adie... the celebration shot is one for a reshoot defo... i cropped and clipped far too many things really...

weird was just weird ...

and i did think about the projection streams, but thought more of a clean shot... i too had star wars in mind... hence the small fuzzy dots in the corners... :D

as for betty...i went more along for experience of strobie shooting as total newbie..but i'll review my shots with your critique and build on it.. (y)

Strobism great isn't it? I'm hooked. It's like each photo I take now is a fix... "What would happen if I brought light in from this direction?" Very addictive..

And as for betty, she has such interesting tats on her arm, a reshoot is defiantly a bonus if you get the chance.

Keep it mate.

I think this will be a first... to submit the week's theme first.. :D

German officer hard at work, overlooked by his boss,,,

Heavy grain is intentional as i wanted it to be an old photo, though not creased and cracked ..just grainy.

Hi, Kev, evolution, processing aside, cracking take. I agree, holograms aren't far off.

I'd like to see the phone and iPad orientated the same. Table grain is a bit....hhmmm, for me. I'd also like to see a closer crop on the iPad half.

Work, I'm a bit...:thinking: about this one. I think I may be missing something....

Cheers.

NB, where is your week 33?

Last edited:
Back