second flash

Name
Harvey
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have a 430ex ii for my 6d by am looking to get a second flash for some ocf and wondered about yongnuos and which one, 600 or 685(?) I have hahnel wireless triggers and would like some recommendations from people who have experience of them please

If your triggers are ETTL, your first port of call should be the compatibility chart of your triggers.

Good question,and tbh no idea, I was planning on just using them in manual anyway

It's where you need to consider a strategy. Lots of people start buying various bits of lighting kit, and then start asking how to make it work together.

Even using Manual, it's really handy to be able to adjust power from the camera position.

If you're looking at new triggers, that should be your starting point. And bang for buck, you can't beat Yongnuo YN622's, a TX for on camera, a 622C on your 430ex and a new 685 flashgun with the built in receiver.

Of course there are other solutions at various price points, your money etc etc

The TX should let you change the flash between manual and ettl (assuming the flash is capable) and change the power level in manual mode, again if the flash is ettl capable. I've used them with an atom 360 (had it piggy backed to a ft16 for power on that), canon 580exii and yongnuo mixed together.

Last edited:
I should have been clear the TX needs either a flash with built in receiver or a 622c attached to it.

Back