Sensor cleaning woes - advice please?

I once found a hair jammed behind the lip that surrounds my sensor ,I bought a pair of plastic tweezers and VERY carefully pulled it out.

If that's a true story then it's shocking. For a properly trained operator a rubber rocket should not arouse the slightest suspicion and a bag should never be taken away and searched it should be done in front of you! Have flown literally dozens of times with mine and nobody has ever been interested!

Oh yes it is true believe me , that is why i don't take one abroad

Jim you are a real gentleman by not having a go at me, thank you. We all have our ways of doing things and the best way is whatever one is comfortable doing. Yes a rocket blower is the cheapest but quite often the cheapest way of doing things is not always the best way. OK a Loupe and Artic Butterfly with everything else is no way cheap by any means, but once owning them they will last a life time.

Originally i did use a blower but going through customs with it on the xray it looked like a hand granade so the bag was taken away and searched, and rightly so.
ARTIC BUTTERFLY themselves have a advisory up not to use them on certain sensors including canon 1d series ones plus some others so care is needed whatever method you choose ,theres no one size fits all cure

ARTIC BUTTERFLY themselves have a advisory up not to use them on certain sensors including canon 1d series ones plus some others so care is needed whatever method you choose ,theres no one size fits all cure

Have used an Arctic butterfly for the last few years on a 1DMKIV and a 1DX without a problem at all as covering motorsport i change lenses trackside so have to clean more than most.Was one of the guys in the press room that made me go that root rather than a wet clean every weekend along with a Dust Aid Platinum kit i carry in my pocket for emergencies.

Remember there was a warning regards the cleaning fluid damaging some of the newer sensors going back years due to anti static coatings but all fluids now i believe are safe on most.

Would love to see the article that mentions not to use on 1 Series cameras as had a fairly good look and cant find any disclaimer for the Arctic Butterfly brushes.

Well, I had the sensor done at Skears in Northampton on the same day service and Im very disappointed frankly, there's just as many sensor marks, a new smudge on the top left and what may be a bit of lint or a small hair at the top on the right third :-(

This is a link to the preclean that identified my problem
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/sens...AB7I7dPFgze9uIj1ZEfFdAO51Tj5B6lU5zWNX0Z5uyTng

Then this is the first image taken since their clean

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/sens...ADjTxh1A--8i5nUqoIVo1P0aqWdu4H9zjVql5OzjqIFAw

Can't access either of those links.

Best of putting it on Flickr and linking it in.

Paul, I'd be getting straight back on to them for either a refund, or another clean. Email them the pics too!

Back