Show us yer film shots then!

Nice work Rob, what lens were you using on the R3a for these?

I've got a roll of Ektar on the way Alastair, looks nice.

Andy

Excellent, thanks, thats the one I'm going to get next. Seems like I made the right choice.

Andy

img030net.jpg

Love this shot, particularly the way you've captured the movement in the water without turning it into a stream of mist. :)

any particular reason for the colorisation?

It's a bit of a distraction, IMO.

because I could.
i dont like pic much, it was very bland, yes it is a distraction but distracting from a not much going on pic.
if it was a nice cloudy day, I wouldn't of done it.

thanks

Thanks guys, cant wait to finish off the last of the roll in camera and get it dev'd :)

Couple more I scanned, I'm very impressed with the lens, shooting into the sun all the time and not a hint of flare :)

img022.jpg

img028.jpg

ROB

They are great pics and really nice tones.

what gear and film did you use.

Voigtlander R3A & 40mm f/1.4 Nokton, and Kodak Portra 160NC shot at 100asa, my scanner messed up my original scans, but luckily I gave them a second go :)

Great shots Tom! I really like the lone tree image, just a shame about the line going through. Is that due to developing or the scanner?

(y)

Great shots Tom! I really like the lone tree image, just a shame about the line going through. Is that due to developing or the scanner?

(y)

cheers! - i think it was the developing :( damn max spielman...

been tempted to have a pop at cloning it out - doesnt look too hard i guess. ive tried not to edit the film shots too much in that regards though :|

just had a quick cloning session:

Lone Tree by Tom Horton Photo, on Flickr

Near Storthes Hall by Tom Horton Photo, on Flickr

Near the Bus Stop by Tom Horton Photo, on Flickr

Huddersfield Uni by Tom Horton Photo, on Flickr

I think they look a lot better now!

Last edited:
because I could.
i dont like pic much, it was very bland, yes it is a distraction but distracting from a not much going on pic.
if it was a nice cloudy day, I wouldn't of done it.

thanks

I think it's a fine picture and one the guy in it would surely like to have. Maybe coloring his sunglasses would direct the viewer's focus in a more positive way rather than the water bottle.

Wow, Alan that is a sureal shot.

It looks so desolate, where was it taken?

(desolate? I bet there is a McDonalds over the hill :D)

There continues to be a great standard in this thread so, let's bring it down a notch or two...

I have been using up some D-76 stock that was in danger of dying. The film here is Rollei Retro 100; I don't think the combinations suit that well.

Sheffield Doorways (Early Morning Light)

SheffieldDoorways.jpg

Reflections or Not?

ReflectionorNot.jpg

Watery Me

WateryMe.jpg

Some Tri-X 400 @1600 (a trial that I am not happy with)

Winter Harrogate (Evening)

WinterHarrogate.jpg

Matt

Matt.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another shot in the vicinity. You can see people drive dune buggies in this recreational area.

Zeiss Distagon CB T* 60mm f3.5, Kodak 100TMX, PMK Pyro, Pentax O2 Orange Filter, Pentax Spotmeter V

Gotta have my annual shot of a camellia ;) usually to check out my lenses or use up film etc

Meyer 50mm, OOD Kodak colorplus, Asda dev with some spots and hairs touched up, also colour correction in Photoshop to what looks best on my monitor.
Meyer50mm-800px.jpg

Out with a friend on Sunday night taking a stroll down by the docks and fisherfleet..

Ektar 100, 30 seconds, f/8
Mamiya RB67 Pro S, Mamiya Sekor C 90mm

Post-processed with LR3.

004_4s43.jpg

009_9s43.jpg

Nantlle003_3s43.jpg

All on Ilford XP2. loving the film, not loving the lens (Tokina 25-50mm).

@ Alan

really enjoy #1....quintessential ''lone walk over the moors''

going to buy some Ilford XP2 asap too

Hello everyone, newbie here. I was pleased with this result from a Bencini Koroll 120 on Shanghai GP3
set-72157626051571591
Hmm. . can anyone tell me how to get the image to appear please?

Last edited:

Ektar 100, 30 seconds, f/8
Mamiya RB67 Pro S, Mamiya Sekor C 90mm

The trip out to the harbour on Sunday night was in response to this story in the local paper (discuss elsewhere if you want, let's not clutter up this thread).

Now thats sharp Alastair, great shot.

Andy

Back