Show us yer film shots then!

11178821614_79a50b1fcb_b.jpg

Llyn Gwynant, dull at dusk on Agfa Vista 200 deved and scanned by Asda, will rescan on the V500 when I get a moment

Wey hey quid film rules ok :p....quite like that Adrian. Some may not like the grain but the texture actually suits the shot.

Seeing as we're on with agfa vista 200 shots, here's one from the experimental roll pushed to 1600 iso.

View attachment 1739

Reactions: Jao
Thanks for all the comments folks.

The reason for the big scan was to see how far I could push the scanner as I am still getting used to using it and it was to be published on another forum which catered for drum scanners.

Wey hey quid film rules ok :p....quite like that Adrian. Some may not like the grain but the texture actually suits the shot.

Seeing as we're on with agfa vista 200 shots, here's one from the experimental roll pushed to 1600 iso.

View attachment 1739
Asha, that is a great shot, I had never thought of rating it faster! It has worked really well. did you develop it yourself abd if so what chemistry?

Asha, that is a great shot, I had never thought of rating it faster! It has worked really well. did you develop it yourself abd if so what chemistry?

Cheers(y)

Pushing Agfa Vista , take a look here

Couple from yesterdays walk in the Pentlands, it was a little blowy; watching a RB67 on a sturdy tripod rock is a little disconcerting.

These from the noon pinhole, as is tradition one munged frame and a lot of over exposure but I'm getting better with it.

Allermuir Summit Disc, this I think needs revisiting on a clearer, less windy day so I don't end up standing over the camera for 5 minutes.

Allermuir Summit Disc Pinhole
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

And a final shot later in the day to finish off the roll

Sea (Canal) Sick
by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

Shot on Fp4 through a Noon pinhole.

I just love the rats eye view of the canal, the coping edge leads the eye straight down the canal and stopping at the cruiser sends you over to the other side. I may have straightened the shot some what and cropped some LH side,but, having said that I love the fact you achieved that with a pinhole,just brilliant.

Totally agree - that is fantastic news. The first film shot to make it.

Very well done RJ.

Here's one more from Loretta. I wasn't sure about it at first but, with a bit of a crop, I quite like it now.

img098_1-2
by simon ess, on Flickr

Good work Simon, I'm still waiting for my Loretta roll to come back from Ilford if this is anything to go by I'll have no excuse if they're crap.

I just love the rats eye view of the canal, the coping edge leads the eye straight down the canal and stopping at the cruiser sends you over to the other side. I may have straightened the shot some what and cropped some LH side,but, having said that I love the fact you achieved that with a pinhole,just brilliant.

Thanks Richard, I did have a play with leveling it but I think I prefer it a bit wobbly. I think you're right about the left it would probably be improved without some of it.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian, I did have a play with leveling it but I think I prefer it a bit wobbly. I think you're right about the left it would probably be improved without some of it.

Who,s Brian? :)

Just got my first slides ever, courtesy of AG and, quite simply WOW! I love Provia 400! It went through my F100, so experience and result are almost exactly as if I'd used my S5 DSLR!

Firstly it accompanied me up to Prince of Wales Quarry, with AF Nikkor 35mm F2:

View attachment 1742
View attachment 1743
View attachment 1744

Then to finish off the roll I mooched about at home, with AIS 85mm f1.4.

View attachment 1745
View attachment 1746

I'm VERY Impressed how it behaves under fluorescent light, it's better than any digital I've yet used! Well worth the cost, I'm definitely getting some more!

Alan, very nice set , really like number three. Really lovely colours in all in spite of want looked like dull weather conditions

Just got my first slides ever, courtesy of AG and, quite simply WOW! I love Provia 400! It went through my F100, so experience and result are almost exactly as if I'd used my S5 DSLR!

View attachment 1742
View attachment 1743
View attachment 1744

View attachment 1745
View attachment 1746

I'm VERY Impressed how it behaves under fluorescent light, it's better than any digital I've yet used! Well worth the cost, I'm definitely getting some more!

Well done with your first ever roll of slide film. If you find that you're liking Provia 400X, you had better buy loads of it now, as it was discontinued a number of months ago: http://www.bjp-online.com/british-j...85219/fujifilm-confirms-film-discontinuations.

They do that to me every time I find a film of theirs I like.... 160S, Neopan 1600...

The 160S emulsion is still around; they just 'rebranded' it as 160NS (http://www.photographyblog.com/news/fujifilm_retires_three_films/).

That said, I don't expect that emulsion, whatever its name, to be around for much longer as its packaging didn't get updated when the rest of the Fuji film line did: http://www.holgadirect.com/fujifilm-increases-film-prices-packaging/.

Edit: Oops, actually they did discontinue it in 135 awhile back, but I'd forgotten since I still shoot so much of it in 120.

Last edited:

View attachment 1742
View attachment 1743
View attachment 1744

View attachment 1745
View attachment 1746

Liking these muchly Alan.. love the colours in the last couple

Not to copy what everyone else has said already, but they are excellent.

^^ WHS ^^ :clap:

A good set throughout Alan although the 4th one stands out for me in colours and the fact that "he" has a "please rescue me" look :D

11178821614_79a50b1fcb_b.jpg

Llyn Gwynant, dull at dusk on Agfa Vista 200 deved and scanned by Asda, will rescan on the V500 when I get a moment

Oh that has such a dreamy film look, really love it, Adrian!

Cheers everyone, I've got my eye on the bay for a load more Provia!

Here's the last shot from the roll. Good old spot metering - lit only by the window he's staring out of, looking for his arch enemy the squirrel!

Those panos worked out pretty well, Steven!

Stunning set, beautifully structured with a wonderfully understated monochrome tones. Very envious of this quality of portraiture!

Back