Show us yer film shots then!

Came out very well. Has an old timely look. I like it, as I do others of yours I've seen.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

That pano crop has worked really well, Roger. That's the Somerset hills... as seen from Wales across the Bristol Channel? I'm guessing it must be up near the Mendips, then; the Quantocks and Brendon Hills would be too far away.

I'm not entirely sure, Chris, but I think it probably is the Quantocks. Watchet is almost directly opposite Barry and the Quantocks are immediately souh of Watchet, I believe.

They are indeed (bit East and then Southeast, perhaps)! I was mostly brought up in the Vale of Taunton Deane, SSE from Watchet, with a view of the Seven Sisters on the top of the Quantocks. I don't remember seeing much of Wales from anywhere near there, but perhaps you're higher! Google maps suggests yu'd be seeing the northeast face of the Quantocks, which explains the spread across the pic. Nice shot, anyway.

My latest image Bracelet bay and the mumbles south wales. monster out of date Kodak tmax 400 shot at 50asa and processed at box speed in stock ID 11 at 20deg

12139500254_bcdf5d2e37_b.jpg

Some cracking images coming through on this thread, it's a pleasure to come back to every week or so. I seriously need to get my arse in gear and shoot some film, it's been rather neglected over the last couple of months!

Can only repeat what Paul just said, some really great images in this thread and 214 is showing film work just getting stronger. I have a had a really challenging start to the year at work and my cameras haven't seen much light? I am hoping things calm down and I gran get back to some film shooting soon!

Here is one from the £1 Coronet 6-6 camera I bought last week.

12178603105_06e6b37b30_z.jpg

Not the greatest shot ever but it proves the camera works!

Steve.

Hi, my first pictures on this thread. These are some shots from only the second film that I've ever shot and developed myself. They're TMax 100 pushed to 400 just because I wanted to see what happened when you push film (and it was the only film I had).

It seems to have worked.

No. 2 is my favourite.

Steve.

Hi William, those are very nice indeed. Good to see another film shooter from across the Atlantic.

Those came out nice Bill. Love the cherry blossoms.

Good to see you here. I think you will like it here.

I took this picture in Cwm Idwal last week. It was a bitterly cold day, and I'm quite pleased with how it came out given that it was either a 1/4 or 1/2 second exposure and the wind was pretty much blowing the tripod over. (Mamiya 7ii with 43mm lens, no filter, Velvia 50, and scanned with an Epson V500)

This is a very nice shot. Good old velvia is hard to beat.

Tryfan from Llyn Idwal
by osh rees, on Flickr

Reactions: osh
Top stuff Osh mate.

Andy, Ron, and Roger, thanks, fellas, yes, I still love film. Roger, they are not as plentiful as they were a few years ago. The
Ricoh FF-3AF is another recommend and it takes AA batteries, too. I have a small flickr group I admin for Ricoh's FF series.
Thanks again.

Really loving these seascapes Roger, most excellent.

I took this picture in Cwm Idwal last week. It was a bitterly cold day, and I'm quite pleased with how it came out given that it was either a 1/4 or 1/2 second exposure and the wind was pretty much blowing the tripod over. (Mamiya 7ii with 43mm lens, no filter, Velvia 50, and scanned with an Epson V500)

Tryfan from Llyn Idwal
by osh rees, on Flickr
I love the colours in this one.

My latest image Bracelet bay and the mumbles south wales. monster out of date Kodak tmax 400 shot at 50asa and processed at box speed in stock ID 11 at 20deg

12139500254_bcdf5d2e37_b.jpg

Tryfan from Llyn Idwal
by osh rees, on Flickr
These are with the Ricoh FF-90, a $5 camera from ebay, various film, scanned at home on Epson 4490:

3369751526_15307254d1_b.jpg
One that emerged from the Tetenal E6 soup this morning.
Watchtower Bay, Barry
Hasselblad 501C, Distagon 50mm, Velvia 50

Kaleidoscope Sky
by Cariadus, on Flickr

Some cracking film shots here, keep it up folks. It all bodes very well for the future of film when shots like these are being produced (y)

^^^ WHS. I think that this thread has produced some of the best shots on TP over the past couple of months and f&c seems to be growing with new posters every day, fantastic stuff.

^^^ WHS. I think that this thread has produced some of the best shots on TP over the past couple of months and f&c seems to be growing with new posters every day, fantastic stuff.
gotta agree with you looked at the landscape section and all i have to say is if you want to turn the saturation all the way up to copy velvia on your digital give up buy a film camera and shoot velvia digital does not have that look

gotta agree with you looked at the landscape section and all i have to say is if you want to turn the saturation all the way up to copy velvia on your digital give up buy a film camera and shoot velvia digital does not have that look

There does seem to be a move toward nuclear landscapes at the moment and they never look right on digital, and don't get me started about HDR landscapes....yuk

here are some taken in the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage site in Shropshire in the Blists Hill Victorian Town area a couple of years ago -- I stayed with Family in the Coalbrookdale Youth Hostel near the China Museum -- i used my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM + A16 back and 'Sepia Toned' the photos in PhotoShop 7
50mm f4 CFi Distagon T*, 2005 dated Ilford Delta 400 processed in Tetenal Neopress HC 1+31, flash was Sunpak autozoom 3000

Ironbridge: The Candle-Maker
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

80mm f2.8 CFE Planar, film as above, bounced flash

Ironbridge : The Plumber
by pentaxpete, on Flickr
50mm f4 CFi Distagon T*, bounced flash

Ironbridge: the Metal Worker
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

50mm f4 CFi Distagon T*

Ironbridge : The Kiln of the China Museum
by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Very nice set Pete. I need to go back to Ironbridge with a film camera, only been with a digital before.

Actually it would be a good place for a Midlands/Welsh Border meet..

Andy

Excellent work, folks! These are using expired Kodak Gold 100 with Konica T4 and UC Hexanon 4/80-200 zoom:

3200818332_1b7024263e_z.jpg

3082298541_dafd3d4b53_z.jpg

3094900660_932b982759_z.jpg

3094900788_e348cacc68_z.jpg

Reactions: Jao
Back