Show us yer film shots then!

To increase Andy's Fuji lust. The GA645 and Portra 160 make a great combination. This was taken in San Francisco. Annoyingly it was about 5 mins before the two shots I ruined by leaving the lens cap on. Next time I'll just leave it off when out and about
20140425165751_scan-140224-0002.jpg

Three from Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall in Wales. Mamiya C330f, 55mm lens and Fuji Acros 100, devved in Ilfotech LC29.

Messed about with this one a bit, just because I can.
PR1-sepia by andysnapper1, on Flickr

PR2 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

PR3 by andysnapper1, on Flickr

The last one could probably do with a bit more contrast.

Andy
Cracking shots Andy, you certainly get out and about with your cameras, all great but I particularly like number one.

Very nice Rob, lovely take on the still life theme.

Andy

Wow - what a great pic! I'd love to try a MF camera and someone suggested the Yashicamat 124G - how in blazes could you take that pic at only 100 ASA? :eek:

Sorry I didn't see this comment earlier. I used a tripod and the exposure was around 20 seconds. On my first trip to this location, I took my TLR and lightest tripod to try and look inconspicous as I didn't know if there were any restrictions on photography. As there didn't seem to be any restrictions, I may go back again with my Mamiya RZ67 which needs a much bigger tripod but has interchangeable lenses.

My first thought was handheld since here in London if they see you with anything that resembles a tripod you won't be allowed in the South Kensington museums like the Natural History.

I'm not sure what the tripod rules are at the British Museum, but in the Great Hall there, you have enough ceiling light to manage without a tripod. I think it's a great place for photography. The mono image below as shot at ISO 50 on Ilford Pan F plus in the Yashicamat, whilst the colour one is 35mm with Fuji Pro 800Z film and a 17mm lens:

View attachment 10286

View attachment 10287

Last edited:
I'm not sure what the tripod rules are at the British Museum, but in the Great Hall there, you have enough ceiling light to manage without a tripod. I think it's a great place for photography. The mono image below as shot at ISO 50 on Ilford Pan F plus in the Yashicamat, whilst the colour one is 35mm with Fuji Pro 800Z film and a 17mm lens:

View attachment 10286

View attachment 10287

I agree with @Sectionate, that photo with the 800z looks fantastic! The Yashicamat shot is no slouch either though.

Nikon F100,Nikkor 55mm Micro f2.8 Velvia 50. Taken at Riverside country park.

Very nice indeed Graham.

The first of many many photos i'll be posting from Six weeks in Kuala Lumpur:

Sze Ya Temple, Kuala Lumpur by Sectionate | www.thetimechamber.co.uk, on Flickr

I should add, shot on Porta 400 (Fast becoming my go to emulstion) and my trusty TLR, that raised a few eyebrows by the tech addicted Asians.

This was a great little temple hidden in the back streets of Chinetown.

Last edited:
Superb shot Nick.

I should add, shot on Porta 400 (Fast becoming my go to emulstion) and my trusty TLR, that raised a few eyebrows by the tech addicted Asians.

Happy to see more of these - very interesting stuff

I find ISO 400 film works will with my TLR, combined with the leaf shutter it opens up tripod-less opportunities

Last edited:
^^ I like that!

Happy to see more of these - very interesting stuff

I find ISO 400 film works will with my TLR, combined with the leaf shutter it opens up tripod-less opportunities

Thanks, I have scanned most of the now - just need to find to time to post them up! I also have over a 1000 digital files!

ISO400 and the TLR, as you say, is fantastic and versatile. I love it.

Nick,

This is a very attractive photograph the colours are wonderful with just the right amount activity and interaction on both sides,RH people,LH candle flicker. The only thing is that dammed window reflection,OH how I wish that was not there.

Overall a brilliant top shot and a real keeper. (y) Even better when viewing on Flickr

Last edited:
^^ I like that!

Thanks, I have scanned most of the now - just need to find to time to post them up! I also have over a 1000 digital files!

ISO400 and the TLR, as you say, is fantastic and versatile. I love it.

..and what digital guys forget is:- if you lose your digital files you always have the backup of the negs :cool: h'mm well unless your negs are destroyed in a house fire, Ah! but then you would have sent backups of the digital files to someone, so it's belt and braces for the future :D

^^I do keep meaning to save all of my digital files to an external HD and store it at my brothers... #paranoia

Nick,

This is a very attractive photograph the colours are wonderful with just the right amount activity and interaction on both sides,RH people,LH candle flicker. The only thing is that dammed window reflection,OH how I wish that was not there.

Overall a brilliant top shot and a real keeper. (y) Even better when viewing on Flickr

AAMOI...if negs\pos are stored "reasonably" then Kodachrome is estimated to last at least 100 years before slight colour change and my colour negs taken 50 years ago scan well, there is a bit of fading in colours but nothing Photoshop can't sort out.

Thanks Mark.

3 really good shots RJ and that last one is sharper than a knife sharpeners knife drawer. Fantastic.

Back