Show us yer film shots then!

The problem with going somewhere interesting is that you end up with a tonne of photos to go through:

A few from Kuala Lumpur.

Taken from the top of the Menerka TV Tower, best view of the city.

Scan-140427-0001-2

Kampang Baru - a small community in the shadows of the Petronas Towers that is fiercely resisting any sort of redevelopment of the area as they don't want to lose their community.

Scan-140426-0003-2

Batu Caves - 40 millions years old and now a sacred Hindu Temple

Scan-140426-0011-2

Which is full of monkeys...that steal your food if you are not paying attention...

Scan-140426-0009-2

Colonial Centre, KL

Scan-140427-0011-2

Palms, such a lush green city.

Scan-140427-0006-2

There will be more...lol

It looks like it was quite a view from the top of the tower there, @Sectionate. I know what you mean about having tonnes of photographs to sort through. I only just (re)discovered these photos below on the hard drive yesterday from our trip to China last October:

I took my Holga WPC 120 pinhole with Kodak Portra 160VC film to Cambois & North Blyth in Northumberland.

With the 6*12 mask fitted the camera takes 6 images on a roll of 120 but most of them had pretty bad light leaks. Here are the two survivors. The boat image is heavily cropped as it is difficult to judge what will be in the image, without a viewfinder, and I had included more than I planned.

View attachment 10627

Post-Industrial Colour Pano Pinhole
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like those Kevin, you seem to have judge the vignetting nicely in the second it frames the works well.

I like those Kevin, you seem to have judge the vignetting nicely in the second it frames the works well.

In it's unmodified form many users find that the Holga WPC gives too much vignetting - really a very hard view of a bit of plastic rather than a slight darkening at the edges. It's more noticeable on 6*12 images, than when using the 6*9 images. I filed down the area surrounding the pinhole to reduce the vignetting and I did have the back taped up with black tape, but it needs yet more tape.

Hi Kevin, same here. I joined ages ago but have had nothing filmy worth posting in this thread for a long time now. I had hoped that my zero pinhole ones would be acceptable, but I am pretty sure they are not. I may have another look at them tomorrow. Your pinhole of Holy island is one of my favourite photos of that location.

Number 3 is just fantastic (y)

Last edited:
Kentmere 400 is pretty grainy. I tried a few rolls but never really got on with it.

Never had probs with it myself, pushed it to 1600 before and was very happy with the results. Pretty sure the grain on the photos above is from reticulation because I disnt use a thermometer and used fresh chems, so probably overheated something while mixing.

In past years I've photographed bluebells by more conventional means - 35mm, medium format film, pinhole with infrared film, even digital - so I decided to try something different this year and use a pinhole camera with colour film, in this case expired Kodak Portra 160VC.

Unfortunately the very wide angle of view of the Holga WPC120 combined with the relatively sparse show of bluebells means they don't make the impact I hoped for. I'll try to squeeze in another attempt before they go, with the camera just a few centimetres from some bluebells.

Plessey bluebells by pinhole by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

Some from a while back, Mamiya 1000s on portra 400

Scott, these are just great in my view, I love the colour palette you achieve in this work, there is a subtlety to the hues that very much appeals to me. It also links the different themes of the image. Very nice work in my view

Kevin your shot is different, and I've tried something different for the bluebells in the woods near me and is to use a 24mm f2 wide open as this Vivitar lens gives a dreamy, glowing, blurry, affect at f2...sharpness is not everything.

13960458296_11388a239e_c.jpg

My browser has been missing the pain size

14007830052_0fa151e29c_c.jpg

I haven't learn't my lesson size

I've run out of childish descriptions size

All Provia 10x8 top and bottom 750mm Apo Germinar F14.5 set to F32 and 1/8th of a second bottom one could have done with being stopped down more as the beach isn't sharp about 5 degrees of front tilt on both, top one has a cloud shadow over one end I think.

Middle shot Symar S 480mm F9.4 about F32 and 1/4 of a second.

Abbandon I think I can read the football scores off the guys paper in the light house! That is mental.

A couple more from Nice, Fuji GSW690 II 60mm lens and Velvia 50.

Back