Show us yer film shots then!

some seriously awesome images that i ha\/e missed from you lot in here..... ace work:D:D

Looks like seriously hilly country you've chosen, I take it the cycling is as good as the photography?

Thé cycling is just ace......i already knew the area well before moving to Sospel but now i dont have thé ride in to do from thé coast..... The climbs are litterally on thé doorstep.

Was out on thé bike yesterday......170km with about 4500m of climbing. In your language that's about 105 miles with best part of 9000 ft of uphill! .....No i didnt lug thé bronny :D

Well i'm sure we could find a seat for you in the f&c salon if you want to return ;)

You are a gem Asha, an old man across the road from me ga\/e me an oly trip 300 so i am keeping it in my bag in the hope in helps return the damn mojo, a bit of fun without to much thinking lol:D

Thé cycling is just ace......i already knew the area well before moving to Sospel but now i dont have thé ride in to do from thé coast..... The climbs are litterally on thé doorstep.

Was out on thé bike yesterday......170km with about 4500m of climbing. In your language that's about 105 miles with best part of 9000 ft of uphill! .....No i didnt lug thé bronny :D

I respect the rules, and therefore can't actually do cycle distances/climbing in imperial. Doesn't help that feet mean nothing to me after about 7.

I respect the rules, and therefore can't actually do cycle distances/climbing in imperial. Doesn't help that feet mean nothing to me after about 7.

In some ways having to learn both metric and imperial at school was a pain and would no doubt been easier with just one or thé other. In hindesight though its worked out beneficial to have knowledge of both, not least of all for photography.......half plate, 9x12, 35mm, 5x4 etc etc. Thé fact that i often have to calculate metric équivalents when discussing old imperial formats with the french remains, nonetheless an inconveniuence.

Metric is, for me, easier to work with.

This is a photograph taken a little while ago when the French giant puppets were in Liverpool. Trying to take photos of them proved to be a waste of time (too may people, couldn't get close enough, ran out of patience etc.), so I went for a wander to a less crowded location.

This is the one time Mersey Bar Light Vessel, long ago replaced by an automatic buoy, moved from her usual mooring to allow the puppets to be loaded on to barges. It's on Vista 400 taken with a Canon A1 through a Miranda zoom that a friend gave to me. It's a bit cluttered but I think quite interesting for what is only just visible, namely a Liver Bird top left and the now stripey pilot cutter poking out from behind the bow.

Being very close to the italian border, Sospel and surrounding area is home to many old fortified buildings....some of which are open to the public during the sumer months.

These couple of shots are part of a very local one.

Scaling the fence and attempting to remain quite discreet from the nearby road whilst grabbing a few shots with my "spy" minox! :snaphappy:

View attachment 18502

View attachment 18503

Here's a couple of shots from Birkhead Secret Gardens, not far from Beamish Museum, in July. I took a few shots on Reala but had a disaster loading the developing tank but the last couple of shots were taken on Kodak Ektacolor 160 - not a common film in the UK but fairly similar to Portra - which I've just finished and developed. Taken on a Mamiya RZ67.

Birkheads Secret Garden
by Kevin J Allan, on Flickr

View attachment 18601

14774373207_4ccd6ea9fa_b.jpg

^^^^^^^^^

Andy,the first photograph is very good,not to keen on the leaf sticking out of the top,but,great colour,tone and reflection, sets it off.

I think the second which I also like could do with a light boost,but,that may be my monitor.

Two very good still life photographs.(y)

Thanks guys. Richard I think you are correct, on my monitor at home it looked ok but in work now and it definitely looks a little dark, adjustments will be made.(y)

I forgot to say, Ektar,now becoming a great indoor still life film as well. I am impressed with the way the film handles the colour spectrum when put under pressure.

Thanks guys. Richard I think you are correct, on my monitor at home it looked ok but in work now and it definitely looks a little dark, adjustments will be made.(y)

You work? Is that just to pay Bentley? Double(triple) question mark in one line a record or not?as the case may be. :)

Wilson,I like the shot very much,not the grain,but,I am a no grain type of guy.:)

What I do like is your composition and the subject. The composition with the library background is very cool,i like that a lot and it suits the B&W aspect.

What no one has asked you is who is the wonderful subject,she(not knowing her name) just illuminates your photograph to something special. Congrats to you both particularly the model. (y)

Last edited:
You work? Is that just to pay Bentley? Double(triple) question mark in one line a record or not?as the case may be. :)

Well, when I say work I really mean attend......I see myself as being employed in a supervisory capacity.

Back