Show us yer film shots then!

Lomo purple. Used Nikon 35ti which used the flash a lot in shade conditions. I was annoyed with that but turns out it actually did a decent job anyway and the flash seemed to be a good fill and help with the evil back lit lighting I'm like a moth to.

Most shots turned out well but I'm not sure it is for me. It is definitely better under sunny conditions with plant life and nature. Industrial things when it's a bit over cast hasn't really worked as well.

Biddulph Grange 2022 Lomo Purple by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Apedale 2022 Lomo Purple by Suzy Richards, on Flickr

Lomo purple. Used Nikon 35ti which used the flash a lot in shade conditions. I was annoyed with that but turns out it actually did a decent job anyway and the flash seemed to be a good fill and help with the evil back lit lighting I'm like a moth to.

Most shots turned out well but I'm not sure it is for me. It is definitely better under sunny conditions with plant life and nature. Industrial things when it's a bit over cast hasn't really worked as well.
I have to say Suze it doesn't do a great deal for me, it just looks like the results you'd get cheap film in the 70's printed by Truprint or similar.

I have to say Suze it doesn't do a great deal for me, it just looks like the results you'd get cheap film in the 70's printed by Truprint or similar.

Apedale 2022 Lomo Purple by Suzy Richards, on Flickr
Pretty much my thoughts reminding me of school trip prints that were taken with 126 instamatics.

Saying that, I could live with the second image .

Pretty much my thoughts reminding me of school trip prints that were taken with 126 instamatics.

Saying that, I could live with the second image .

Same. It reminds me of a worse version of the very expired Jessops I shot a few years ago that had been stored in a Loft for years. I used to use Truprint and they never produced anything this garish even with my handiwork and a cheap compact!

Same. It reminds me of a worse version of the very expired Jessops I shot a few years ago that had been stored in a Loft for years. I used to use Truprint and they never produced anything this garish even with my handiwork and a cheap compact!
Truprint we’re far from great that’s for sure.

It was exiting as a youngster to use them prepaid envelopes and send the 126 cartridge off for dev and prints for (iirc) as little as 99 pence.

The fact that most of the results were carp due to a whole host of reasons, was irrelevant….. the fun was the looking out for the postie and hearing the slap of a heavy envelope land on the doormat .:D

I have to say that I much prefer the look of Portra 800 in sunlight than overcast conditions (although, to be fair, that probably goes for most colour films).

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 D
Kodak Portra 800 (Lab developed. Home scanned and converted with Negative Lab Pro)

Out of the water by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Been on some more 'Coach Trips' using my 1978 Hasselblad 500C/M GREAT now it has been serviced !
SUFFOLK -- WOODBRIDGE old Town and Quay 2011 dated FUJI VELVIA 100F - it came out a bit 'Light' but I scanned as 'TIFFS' and got it back
SUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 05.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 06.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 07.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 08.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 09.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 10.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 11.jpgSUFFOLK Woodbridge and Debden Cruise 12.jpg

I took one shot outside in the churchyard in bright sunshine and used a four-stop ND filter to produce a 4-second exposure. Without the ND filter the exposure would have been about 1/4 second which would be too difficult to do accurately
The church yard exposure I mentioned actually resulted in a shadow of my finger in the frame as I closed the shutter, shame these cameras don't have some way of using a cable release,

And, I chose the model with the dual pinholes to control the vertical view. In retrospect I should have bought the version with the single pinhole and a filter mount.

The church yard exposure I mentioned actually resulted in a shadow of my finger in the frame as I closed the shutter, shame these cameras don't have some way of using a cable release,
I agree, I think the shutter is the weakest point in the Reality So Subtle cameras. My first pinhole camera was a Holga WPC120 which could take a cable release. That was the strong point of the camera and the weak point was the tendency for the back to fall off !

Back