Show us your favourite Shot of 2009

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
Although I have alot of pepole portraits that i really like " most have not seen this public site" For me it would prob be this one.

leopard_web.jpg

md

Very difficult to choose one so I have picked a favourite from each of my 'disciplines' :D

Badminton09-10.jpg

MelDan-14copy.jpg

There are some great shots here.(y) My favourite one of the year so far is this one. Apart from a little cropping it's straight out of the camera. I had a very good morning here and it's hard to choose my favourite.

2nt915k.jpg

Damn! Beat me to it Mark! My version of this is my favourite too so I'll choose another! :D

Last edited:
What a great thread. There are some stunning shots on here, some of which I saw at the time and really liked and some equally good that I haven't seen before.
Anyway this is mine. It came out exactly as I imagined it would which is a very rare thing.

Its not quite my favourite, that was taken with a group of friends on top of Dufton Pike, but that was on New Years Eve so missed out by 8 hours or so....

Cheers

Andy

I've had a very quiet year and have barely used my camera really, but this is my fave of the ones I did take
4105994902_96b1b5b14c.jpg

This is my favourite, but I only started in June so dont have that much to go by

As above have commented it's very hard to choose but the majority of my 2009 photos have been motoring related so I'm going to pick one of those.

I think this one could be one of my favs, I have several like this although with different cars but I think this pulls off the moody look best:-

3908931573_e7eefa8d1a.jpg

I think the whole day that I was at Forbidden Corner made this photo my favourite

4022325564_48035feb8d.jpg

3 of my favourite shots of the year came in the one day

Good thread. I like these. I tend to come back to these and have them printed, which means they must be up there for me....

3915964587_86bc050eaa.jpg

3203600521_69f48020b0.jpg

3274942403_44b0e23042.jpg

4002816716_aa3f7b84c2.jpg

3608854342_bdec887af0.jpg

3354068753_8fcb63fdf0.jpg

Another motorsports one from me:

4029258632_b080a0edb9.jpg

This is one of my favourites. Out with the camera club on an urban shoot in Leicester.I was the only one without a tripod.Had to place the D50 on the bridge rail for the long exposure.It worked better than I expected.

Maybe not technically perfect, but it reminds me of a fantastic few days in Seville, and its my current desktop......... does look good full size on screen... honest .........

4009393042_e9bdb98084_o.jpg

Another top thread by the way.

Dave ....

Well, mine has to be this...

Though I like this because it's one of my only shots that I have clearly pre-visualised before shooting, and was a reshoot from several weeks previously where I'd taken a shot, but could see what conditions I needed to better it, and waited til they presented themselves.

This one from me. Don't do lanscape normally but this was from our holiday at Kimmeridge.

4133250242_e9c64dd2d2_b.jpg

I was going to sort through the 5,000 odd photo's of Landrovers but none can beat the sunset.
Some cracking photographs on here. The photo of the baby above say's it all for me..Beautiful 68lbs.

2009 has really been a life-changing year for me. I now finally understand what people mean when they say they have a passion for something. For me, it's photographing animals - and I plan to do so full time by 2015.

The picture I've linked to below is quite graphic and not pretty so don't look if you're easily upset. It's not a particularly good photo, but for me it represents the most rewarding work I've done through photography yet, which is volunteering as a photographer at an animal shelter.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=72562&cat=3722

The cat in the picture was dumped at the shelter. His owners couldn't (or wouldn't) pay for the surgery he needed for the cancer in his nose. He's now had the surgery and I'm recording his recovery, but a day will come when he's healed and ready to go. He's such a friendly, cuddly cat who loves people. I hope that someone will be able to look past his appearance and give him the home he deserves.

Wow :eek:

Thats stunning , must have been great to be there

Where is it ?

Have you tried a bigger crop ? loose the foreground grass and a lot of the sky
just leaving a 1 3rd 2 3rd composition

Well done , love it :D

Here's mine. 2009 was my 1st year doing photography and i'm very pleased with this one.....well i like it anyway!! :D

There are some great shots here.(y) My favourite one of the year so far is this one. Apart from a little cropping it's straight out of the camera. I had a very good morning here and it's hard to choose my favourite.

2nt915k.jpg

Wow

Where is it ?

Well done , love it

Most of you are complaining about how many there are to choose from.. unfortunately I don't have this problem as there's pretty much only one set I'm kind of happy with. Haven't been shooting a lot this year.. :(

img0791h.jpg

well - there's some fantastic shots on here...

I'm really glad you've all posted them in this thread and now can't enter them in the December POTY competition :naughty:

Wow

Where is it ?

Well done , love it

Thanks very much! It was at Corfe Castle in Dorset. I have many different takes on it from that morning. Landscape and portrait. Maybe this one is more to your liking?

29qinhe.jpg

That second shot is one of my favourite places, Salen on the Isle of Mull. Painted this scene several times over the years. Glad to see the old trawlers are still there.

Thanks very much! It was at Corfe Castle in Dorset. I have many different takes on it from that morning. Landscape and portrait. Maybe this one is more to your liking?

29qinhe.jpg

Love it :D

How much for a A4 print ? I would love that photo hanging on my wall

And Yes I am serious ;)

And I PM d you back ;)

I can't decide between the following 2. Neither are anywhere close to being my best shots of the year, but are a couple of my favourites.

#1 Martin Cohen of Nine Black Alps. I love the sillouhette of it. It was a difficult gig to shoot and this was taken very near the end from the side of the stage. This is the only shot that I've had printed for myself this year.

4056535760_06f832e1b4.jpg

#2 Sam McTrusty of Twin Atlantic at Manchester's In The City event. Reminds me of a great weekend with some lovely people. And this is one shot where I actually vividly remember taking it.

4050168457_1416b67b43.jpg

Back