Show us your STAFFIES!!!!

Did anyone see the one show a few weeks back, something was mentioned about bad or nasty dogs, and there were photos of staffies on there representing the bad dog breeds. I was so angry, they are such a missunderstood breed. I dont understand why, you couldnt ask for a more loving or caring breed.

Here is Charlie, our staffie cross, we are not sure what with though as he is a rescue

DSC_2898.jpg

DSC_2963.jpg

He was the cutest puppy:

1822.jpg

I miss him so much when im at uni, he even has to come and see me onto the train to see where im going otherwise he worries where I am and starts searching the house for me!

I'm not a staffie owner, I have a Ridgeback, but it's great to see so many loved and cared for staffies. :clap:
As part of my job I manage a stray dog service for a Council and staffies are a common customer and the hardest to rehome too. They have suffered from being a fashion item and are bred indiscriminately which leads them to being abandoned regularly. Such a shame, I hope the fortunes of the breed change for the better soon.

We adopted our Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Finley, on the 27th of December 2009 from the animal rescue that I work at. Here is a Polaroid of him on the beach a few weeks ago...

4340491293_9ea23cf001_o.jpg

Aww some lovely shots of lovely furkids..

Hellogoodbye.. we have balls that look like that! :LOL: I now buy Boomer Balls, tougher and last a lot longer than an hour hehe

Aww some lovely shots of lovely furkids..

Hellogoodbye.. we have balls that look like that! :LOL: I now buy Boomer Balls, tougher and last a lot longer than an hour hehe

Haha, that one lasted about a minute and a half! A Boomer Ball is definitely on the to-buy list :LOL:

boomer balls are great but we had to limit the time that diesel had with his as he became obsessed with it
they can also damage there teeth with them
i have now hidden it in the shed

Nelie had a large solid plastic ball that I assumed would be indestructible.

I forgot Nellie was a staffie.

She bit holes into it (somehow - it didn't even fit in her mouth) and managed to make enough that she could carry it, but it got stuck to her teeth so she couldn't spit it out. She walked around the garden with it in her mouth making funny noises 'Gethhhh gethh' which was quite funny.

Nelie had a large solid plastic ball that I assumed would be indestructible.

I forgot Nellie was a staffie.

She bit holes into it (somehow - it didn't even fit in her mouth) and managed to make enough that she could carry it, but it got stuck to her teeth so she couldn't spit it out. She walked around the garden with it in her mouth making funny noises 'Gethhhh gethh' which was quite funny.

Lmao - I just found myself trying to make that noise :bonk:

finally got around to joining this thread.

not the best pic of my baby, but definitely a winner on the expression front!

poppy-weird.jpg

More wonderful Staffies, keep them coming...

my dad once went into a pet shop to ask if there was such a thing as a staffie proof ball, he got laughed straight back out, the best i can hope for is that they last longer than a minute.

Here's Dalco, my Staffie
3223070506_ebecba9813.jpg

such a danger to children lol
4200038102_8fba41775b.jpg

3222241625_a4be7502d9.jpg

a few Staffies taking part in an agility show yesterday

4448205785_08cc3283c6.jpg

4448974722_2e878a0934.jpg

Great pictures, I am planning on getting some more 'action' shots of my girlie when I can... I'm taking her to the woods today, to a brand new bit we haven't explored before... she'll go mad!

Keep the pics coming everyone

ped

:clap: It's fantastic to see so many beautiful Staffies in this thread.

This is my girl Ebony. She's an old lady of 17 now (hence all the white hair!) so not so many action shots of her. She can still make quick work of a tennis ball though !
Just look at that tongue in the last shot! It was taken about half a second before she got up and slobbered my lens :LOL:

We also had a Staffie cross, Luke, who we lost about 18 months ago. I don't have any digital photos of him, but I'll see if I can find some to scan in. I still think about him most days and miss him desperately :(

Best of luck with this year's event Andrea - I'm afraid it's a bit too far away for me, but I hope it all goes well (y)

IMG_0031-1.jpg

Ebony121-1.jpg

Ebony131-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not mine, a friends. Mason is coming up to 10 years old and is just starting to settle down. :D

DSC03778-Editcopy.jpg

here's one of our old rescue dog busta
we had him for about 10 years and he was between 4 and 6 years old when we rescued him
sadly he was put to sleep about 9 months after this picture but we like to think we gave him a good home for the last part of his life

rip busta

4454841479_a8647a7c18.jpg

I am going to dedicate myself to rehoming poor dogs like Busta when I have the time and conditions to provide for them. Such a good thing to do. Did anyone read Bryan Sewell's piece about doing this in the paper recently? Not sure which paper, read it in a Chinese take-away, it was very touching and a nicely written piece.

Another one of my baby playing in the rescue a week before we brought him home

4204883630_95ac840734_o.jpg

Thought I had better do the right thing and put a few of my 'pup' (9 years old!) Brandi!

Cheers

Rob

_U6W0713smll.jpg

_MG_8085raw_1dsmallwatermarked.jpg

_MG_6586rawsmall.jpg

IMG_6429asmall.jpg

A few of my dog Bullseye ( Bully ) sadly passed away after 12 years, still cannot believe how much I miss him.

a54687cc.jpg

810c7594.jpg

Bullys young lady still going strong at 8 years old

0efcffc7.jpg

39f0a3ec.jpg

My first Staffie Bob had him for 14 years

Bob.jpg

Last edited:
It is great to see all these much loved dogs on here.

This is Bertie, another one that is in rescue and needs a home
IMG_3598.jpg

We are holding a Dog Fun Day with dog show and displays at the end of August or if you cannot get to that maybe you would all be interested in entering our competition as per my signature to help us help dogs like Bertie - especially seeing all these great photos ? :):love:

Nothin' like a staffies face to cheer anyone up... so expressive! Does anyone else's staffie 'talk' yet? Nellie has started to 'chunter' on a regular basis and she's onlt 4.5 yers old. When she's 10 she'll be a right old moaner!!

ped

Back